What gear would you want to survive the zombie apocalypse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maninthebox94, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    So what, we can have whatever gear we can imagine? Attack helicopters, nuclear weapons, guns with unlimited ammo, and any gun we can think of?

Fine, a TARDIS. The end.

Sticking so something more realilistic, I'll go the other way, a Nerf gun and darts. :dunce 

2. Spoon

Spoon Banned

/thread.

3. gettogaara

gettogaara Well-Known Member

Hmmm I would probably want a water bottle that keeps the water cold. Some String Cheese for food and A Katana with no hilt(Like Sasuke's from naruto) and the skills to use it. =) Maybe also a 44 magnum so just in case the sword idea fails I have a gun as back up.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I had to Google Image TARDIS. Is that like what Bill & Ted used? Looks like a phone booth.

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. I definitely recommend anyone that likes the Zombie genre to grab the Max Brooks "Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" both are very entertaining and informative reads.

And I would also be toting this around with me as well.

[​IMG]

or a Monk's Spade

[​IMG]

Because once you run out of bullets it will come in handy, and it's length can let you strike from a safe distance and the bottom can be used to push them back.

6. gettogaara

gettogaara Well-Known Member

Monk spade looks pretty cool. Another good read about the zombie apocalypse is the walking dead. Its a great comic book,it really makes you want to get prepared.

7. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doctor Who

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I asked first.

9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What ?

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jason Voorhees. I'd tell him that the Zombies killed his mom, he would take care of the situation.

11. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Id bring blackout and tell him the zombies killed megatron.

12. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Well, i started this thread, i might as well say what i would use. (Keep in mind, all of what i want will be unrealistic, just like.....the zombies....)

1. G.O.W. Lancer. With a Lancer and a good bit of ammo, you're doing good, plus, if you run out of ammo for it, you have a wicked ass chainsaw at your hands, and since its a multi-weapon, don't dispose of it since while your using the chainsaw, you might find more ammo.

2. Backpack. You will need something to carry all of your supplies, that is for sure. Make sure you're using a light weight backpack, but a sturdy one.

3. Rations. Lots of Rations, who knows how long you're going to be doing this? Even if its a backpack full of pork n' beans and a can opener, you're going to need food to survive. Also in the backpack, you should have first-aid objects, such as, Medical tape, bandages, cloths of some sort, first aid spray, a knife, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, those sort of things. Oh, and at least one change of clothes, in case yours get ripped to shreds or get something harmful or toxic on them. And a water bottle full of Gasoline, i know you might wonder why, but think of all the things you could use that for?

4. Crowbar. You will want one of these not only for fighting against them, but for multi use in your environment. To open doors, break glass, etc.

5. Night vision goggles, Maybe. It will be a huge plus to see them in the dark, but with them on, you have a much larger blind spot, so the choice is yours.

6. Other weapons of your choice. I personally would want some sort of Shotgun, for those close range head explosions, i would want a Standard issue C.O.G. pistol. (gears of war). A rifle of some sort. (Thanks Toxicon) a Dildo Launcher. And whatever you fancy.

7. A heavy duty chemical suit or something close if possible. You want something heavy duty, thick, and can handle allot of damage, (that was not supposed to sound so sexual) where i live, there is a chemical plant not too far away, i could get one most likely.

8. A map of the area you are in, going to, and going through. You really don't want to be lost at a time like this.

9. Flashlight, and batteries for it. Self explanitory.

10. Camera/Video Camera. No, you don't want to stop in front of one and ask him to stand still and say cheese, but if you are out of sight and want some footage for after the whole shindig, you might just become famous, well, not really, but footage will be a plus to show important information and whatnot about the zombies.

11. Adrenaline shots. No, its not likely you have some just laying around your home, but there are hospitals out there, and you can stock up on things, and Adrenaline shots, because, you are going to be tired, you are going to want to stop, and you are going to be in trouble if you do, so some of these to shoot in you would be a plus to keep you going longer and stronger.

12. A watch. You will need to know what time it is if you and your team, if you have one, are trying to be tactical about this. The time can be very important.

Well, thats all i can think of off the top of my head, but i know you guys can come up with more.

13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

even better:

1. AA-12 automatic shotugn: self explanatory

2. USP. 45: a handgun incase I run low on shotgun ammo

3.katana: If i run out of ammo, I can use it

4.grenade pouch: to hold frag, gas, and incendiary grenades

5. C-4 charges: to set traps and destroy zombie mobs

6. Canteen w/ water purifier: water is important

7. Web gear: to hold extra ammo, rations, and c-4 charges

8. night vision goggles: incase I have to fight in the dark

9. Full body Kevlar Armor: to protect myself and hold extra gear

10. Gas mask: to protect myself from my gas grenades

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

If in a zombie apocalypse, ill use plan number 37: let myself get infected by the zombie virus, turning me into one of the undead, and then i would proceed to hunt and devore all of you!

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Give me a couple of Uzis and a heavy-assault helicopter and I should be all set.

16. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    Dude, slow down
    The military ain't gonna be too happy when they see that they're b-52 bomber is missing.

If i was in a zombie war, I would bring AA-12 Shotgun, M2 Machine Gun, Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun,FGM-172 SRAW (Short-Range Assault Weapon) and a lot of ammo

17. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kinda funny how no body is mentioning food and clean water.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:lol 

This I gotta see.

19. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

But a katana is almost exclusively used for slashing. You should get something like a sharpened bayonet, that can also be used to stab much more effectively, and can double as a utility knife, and can be put on a rifle to be used like a spear.

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

if you read my post, you ARE my food and water. blood water.