What games shown at E3 impressed you?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gnaw, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

This year's E3 really impressed me and is my second favourite E3 ever (with 2005 being the best).

I was really impressed by:

CoD 4: Modern Warfare - Revamping the franchise! Finally a CoD game that isn't set in WW2. The graphics really impressed me, showing alot of detail in the environments and characters. Can't wait for this!

Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles - It must be hard to follow one of the most successful games of the past (two?) year. I hope the WiiZapper controls function well and there aren't ridiculous puzzles to contend with.

Killzone 2 - After seeing that intro back in 2005, I was hooked. After 2 years of waiting, I finally got to see some in-game footage of what could be the PS3's killer ap. I can't wait for this game! Everything looks intense!

Halo 3 - Nuff said.

So what games (or other announcement(s)) impressed you?

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Actually haven't read up on many of the game writeups yet. Most videos don't do a thing for me now, as too many games look pretty but show no real gameplay. Like RE5 - much as I'm looking foward to the game, I have no idea what the gameplay will be like.

I am thrilled that we are getting online with Mario Kart.
    I am very pleased that RE:UC can be used with a light gun.
    CoD4 and BiA had impressive gameplay and graphics.
    Echochrom for the PS3 looked very neat.
    Heard great things about the controls on Metroid Prime Corruption.
    Mario Galaxy is sounding fantasmical.
    Assassin's Creed - love the immersive city

Waiting to hear more specifics on BioShock, Mass Effect, Halo 3 (any new gameplay elements?), Turok, Fallout 3, Fable2, and many more...

3. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Metroid Prime 3
    Super Mario Galaxy

4. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Nothing much except for Super mario galaxy. I thought this year's E3 was really weak.

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Super Mario Galaxy
    Wii Mario Kart
    Resident Evil: UC
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    MGS4

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

This years E3 was pretty lame. Not many big/surprise announcements. But regardless, this is what impressed me the most from this years e3:

Super Mario Galaxy: This game simply looks like amazing pure fun. Should be totally awesome. This is most likely my "best of show" if I had to pick one.

Metroid Prime 3: Awesome intro sequence with Sammus in her ship. And they say the controls are the best ever for a console FP game.

Killzone 2: OMG it actually kinda looks like the trailer!! Awesome!

Assassin's Creed: Except for those bug that still need to be ironed out, it looks awesome. Story is sounding interesting too.

Lair: The new trailer was made of awesome and win!

Contra 4: Hell. Yeah.

Little Big Planet: The creation features look really really cool. It will be interesting to see exactly how much you can create.

Wii Fit: The more I see this the more I kinda want it. Might prove to be a fun way to get some nice exercise.

Also, while the game itself didn't do anything to overly impress me other than its graphics, the fact that the PS3 version of UT2007 can use Mods from the PC community is amazingly awesome. I plan on getting this game on PC, but it looks like the PS3 version will really be a worthy console version of an awesome PC game.

What I want to see more of:

MGS4: This game is looking great, but I felt the trailer shown at E3 was not very strong. Thankfully we get a new one soon.

the new Brothers in Arms: Quite impressive I must say, but I would like to actually play it myself before I commit to buying it. I had a little trouble getting into the first BiA game.

Resident Evil UC: Looks like there are things with this game that still need to be ironed out. I would also like to see parts fly off the zombies and so on.

Echochrom: Looks fun and interesting. Hopefully it will not cost too much since it seems like a simple game.

Mass Effect: Make this for PC please Microsoft, then you have a guaranteed sale.

Resident Evil 5: Show some gameplay and a longer trailer PLEASE!!

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

All the FPS games....I couldn't care less about, with the exception of Metroid Prime. It still has some of the Metroid feel to it. God, what amazing games they could have been if only they weren't first person.

Lost Odyssey looks pretty good. As does Eternal Sonata.
    Mario is in his usual form, maybe even top form.

Really not a lot of interesting things going on this year. People are interested in these shows mainly to see what's coming in the future, not what's coming in a few months.

8. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
    Call of Duty 4
    Bioshock
    Assassin's Creed
    MGS4
    and the #1 game: ROCK BAND :p  :rock 

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    GT5
    RE5
    MGS4
    Kane and Lynch

Assassin's Creed... may not be quite as good as i'd hoped, but i will still be picking it up.

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Wii Mario Kart
    The official release date of Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Metroid Prime 3

Pretty much anything Nintendo showed. :p 

11. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Somehow I have managed to miss anything Rockband at E3. *goes to IGN*

12. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

PGR4 and Harvery Birdman.

13. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Metroid Prime 3
    Maybe Mario Kart Wii

That is all.

14. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

There was like, no news at all. It was just, "Hey, here's new trailers for games we told you about last time lolol."

God.

15. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    My number one gripe about E3. Anything big that was shown we already knew about. We got some spiffy new trailers and some dates set, but we didn't get any big announcements. There are so many good games coming out this year, but it would have been nice for Sony, MS, and Nintendo to show at least something of what they had in store for 2008.

16. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

The year after the big launches often tends to be disappointing. It's the first year in 2 or 3 years without new hardware information, and the second holiday is typically the most important for deciding the future of the console war. Thus everyone has to push their 2007 games. MS had to convince everyone that there is no reason to wait for a PS3. Nintendo had to convince everyone that the Wii has staying power. Sony had to convince everyone that they are still relevant, and that their console is worth $500-600. The only one of the three who was able to show much past 2007 was Sony, and that's simply because they really don't have as strong a 2007 lineup as the competition (esp when you consider than "exclusives" such as Unreal Tournament 3 or Haze will be coming to the 360 next year).

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Having listened to the special E3 1up Yours podcasts, and what John Davison had to say on the matter; I'm all kinds've excited for Burnout Paradise. The new take on Burnout with the persistent world and being able to start events by pulling up at stoplights sounds awesome. I can't wait to get in on that.

18. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Of interest: MGS4, Stranglehold, Killzone 2, God of War PSP, CoD4, Home, LittleBigPlanet, GT5, Mercenaries 2, Force Unleashed, SOCOM (a little bit but Warhawk is way overshadowing it in awesomeness), RE5, Orange Box (hopefully I won't have as many problems running it as Episode 1), Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Lair, Burnout Paradise... I guess that's it.

Impressed most by: Killzone 2 (PS3), God of War (PSP), and CoD4 (probably PC for me)

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    E3 happened? Chuckle!

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    While I thought this E3 was completle garbage a few games impressed me.
    1.CoD 4
    2.MGS 4
    3. Burnout Paradise
    4.God Of War Chains Of Olympus
    5. Halo 3.