What figure(s) are you not enamored with (unlike many people) and why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by phoenix88, Feb 11, 2012.

1. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, Another question. What figure(s) have you seen several collectors and/or reviewers be enamored with but you yourself havent found much special about said figure(s)?

For me the most recent example can think of is the TF: Prime Cyberverse Legion class figures. I just dont see the mass appeal in them, as their design look simpler than the DOTM cyberverse stuff. There's maybe 2 Prime cyberverse figures who look good (Vehicon and Ratchet) and the rest just look really uninspired in design and looks.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Never, ever understood the throngs of people hereabouts going gaga over RTS Windcharger. Never, ever will.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm not too stoked for any of the Prime OP toys, not even the FE. None of them really get the show proportions right.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Also, I feel virtually nothing for the 1984 G1 cast of characters.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hercules/TFC Constructicons. People love them so much, but I honestly have a hard time understanding why. QC issues aside, they look like Energon figures with those blocky proportions, the color scheme is all over the place on the combined mode, and Neckbreaker also looks out of place because of his black blade. I saw Hercules in person last week, and if anything, it made me like it less. If it was factory made with the color scheme GI Eddie did to his, maybe I'd like Hercules more.

Another one: FE Prime Arcee. A lot of people seem to like her, but her weird face, shoulder kibble, and awkward scale with other TFP toys makes me think otherwise.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Movie toys.

7. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    classics/generations

8. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Wreck gar. (RTS)

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Classicverse Inferno. I don't hate the toy but I have heard people talk about this figure as if it were made of gold.

I think I would enjoy him on that level IF he had his headpiece thingy on him.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Oh, a specific one of mine is Warbot Defender. I like the 2 alt modes. But that bot mode is a little poopie.

11. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Prime: Soundwave. I saw one in the store and it didn't impress me. I MIGHT get one eventually, but I don't understand the craze.

12. mynamehere

mynamehere Well-Known Member

generations wheeljack. wonderful alt mode yes, but ugly stumpy bot mode. I don't care if that's how g1 was, IMO ugly old designs/limitations should be improved in future incarnations, not blindly preserved for accuracy or nostalgia.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Anything with "Botcon" in the name never really appeals to me. Hundreds of dollars spent on a couple of deluxes with 'unique' paintjobs that may or may not eventually see an offical deco?
    Looking at you Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge.
    Looking at you...

14. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Universe 2.0 Cyclonus

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    G1 Fort Max.

I don't get the adoration, I know he's big blah blah blah but then so is a breeze block. Maybe I got him out of my system as a kid but, IMO at least, he's extremely over-rated.

17. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

I was go to say Fort Max .lol. Anyways; i'll say WST.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

WFC/FOC: Don't play the games, so it's tough to be into the toys. There's just no personal connection there.

Warbot Defender: Awful, awful design. Does nothing to emulate the "Classics" aesthetic or follow the theme of the line.

Universe Onslaught: Good toy. Bad Onslaught.

And I agree about the BotCon figures, only I'll add the TFCC to it. Only ones I own are SG Thundercracker and G2 Ramjet. Other than those two, they have a real tendency to make toys of characters I could not care less about. Kup being one of the new exceptions, but of course we got a good "old Kup" figure. I might have bought Runamuck & Runabout, but I can paint up my own to my personal liking in a more cartoon deco rather than the toys.

19. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Prime FE Optimus - I used to love the figure before it became the new mech-messiah. Now every time I hear whining about how every other Prime figure sans FE Bulkhead is inferior, I like it a little less. Yes it's a great figure, but it isn't that perfect!

Botcon stuff - Same reasons as a few others have said.

TFCC exclusives - International postage costs make the prices of these things rediculous, considering they're only ever repaints/slight remolds of regular figures. The risk of credit card fraud is a bit of a turn-off too if i'm honest.

Classics voyager Optimus - Never understood the love for this guy. He's alright, but comes across as a bit boring compared to other Primes.

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Kre-O, in general. The actual building block sets look awful in robot mode and only a little better in vehicle mode, IMO. Granted, they are a massive improvement over Built-to-Rule, but they still have one of the major flaws of that line: They don't actually transform, but have to be disassembled and reassembled into a new form. And I just don't understand the appeal of the Kreons, which seems to be one of the major draws of the line. Lego-Men that look like Transformers. Whoop-de-doo.

- Legends/Cyberverse Legions - I do understand the appeal of these for certain smaller characters, like RotF Wheelie or updating G1 minibots; instances where the character in question is generally accepted to be a lot smaller than everyone else. I don't understand it for main/larger characters, though. What is the appeal of having tiny Starscream, tiny Megatron, tiny Optimus Prime, etc? And, before anyone says it, yes, I understand that the 'point' is to have the main characters available at a low price point.

- Shattered Glass - I'm not even going to try to provide a coherent explanation for this, I just hate Shattered Glass. It's one of the stupidest, most cliched, laziest concepts to come down the pike in TF history. I am not exaggerating when I say that I hate it even more than KissPlayers. KissPlayers, for God's sake. Some people get completely unhinged by Bayformers, for me, it's Shattered Glass.