What exactly is this "Recognition Guide"?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Digital Jesus, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Digital Jesus

Digital Jesus Devastator's big left toe

Pocket Sized Recognition Guide-BBTS

What is this thing exactly? A smaller sized Ultimate Guide? Just a picture guide of 3 years worth of toys? Or something totally more awesome?

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never saw that before, but there is a much better pocket guide at Barnes and Noble.
    can't recall the title offhand, but it is found in the hobbies section and on the shelf as part of a series of collectibles pocket books.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is the Cybertronian Guide. It was created (and is part of a series) by some very knowledgeable fans several years ago. The book is meant to serve as a quick reference for parts and accessories for figures when you're out and about and need to know if something is missing. The Cybertronian guides are excellent for their purpose, though of course they do not cover the last few lines.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hiro Prime of these very boards was responsible for that one. They're extremely useful for detailed images of all the parts.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    As Sol Fury said, TFW member Hiro Prime created them from his own collection (which, considering how comprehensive they are, should tell you something about his collection). I have a couple of them, and they are brilliant books.

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    great guides, Also didnt hiro prime get some pressure for doing these were in return could not complete the guides that covered later lines?

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Hey, so they're reprinting those? That's cool. The Cybertronian Guides were really, really good, but they got ridiculously hard to find pretty quickly. I think I remember Hiro Prime saying even he didn't have any left and that was a few years ago.

Anyway, Hiro did a fantastic job with them. I think they're the best of all the various guides. Definitely worth it.

8. Digital Jesus

Digital Jesus Devastator's big left toe

Excellent then. I have placed my order. Naked.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've got some of those. Was a bugger when they got really hard to find. I think a Beast Wars one was my last one, but I missed the one before that. And then later I got a larger format book that covered G1 to RID which I'm fairly sure was under the Cybertronian banner too. White background with lots of pictures of Optimus toys on the cover if I remember correctly.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That one's handy because everything is listed by scale.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember flipping through one of those books on the trip from the airport in 1996 when attending my very first Botcon. From what I can remember it was very well laid out. Anyone know if this pocket edition will be in color? Regardless, order placed.