What exactly is Megatron’s plan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by NathanS, Jun 7, 2012.

1. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

No really have they ever said what he’s up to? I’m not talking short term “GET the artifacts!” I believe it has been said he wants Energon, but has it ever been said what he’s a planning to do with it? Re-set Cybertron? Then why not just say that? Is there nay thing to be gained by holding out on that? Would the revelation affect the other characters? And if he wanted to do that, why did he do the whole inject dark Cybertron into thing? Is he trying to raise an army to conquer the universe or something? Why not say so?

I’m remained of a piece of advice from Kurt Vongget:

This is definitely so for character motivations and plans. How can we make sense of their actions if we don’t know why they are doing it? And if we are left with characters doing things…because it feels like it’s just what the writer said so how can we care?

2. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    take over earth :D 

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    1: Get Energon
    2: ????
    3: Conquest

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I believe Megatron's motivation is to get much power as he can to rebuild his empire gradully and use Earth as his new base of operations and home if he needs to seeing how he thinks Cybertron's too weakend to bring back to life. To him it's too late to save Cybertron.

If that's the case then perhaps when Shockwave does show up he'll overthrow Megatron or at least make more of an effort to use Earth's resources to bring back Cybertron.

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Rewatch One Shall Rise Part III, Megatron taught Optimus Prime everything he knew. The difference between them was that Megatron wanted revolution while Optimus Prime wanted reform.

Shockwave's gonna show up and he's gonna be all like, "but MEGATRON, the seeds of the future lie buried in the past! The ORACLE sent us here, to EARTH, to bring the organic back to CYBERTRON."

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    xD xD xD!!! Beast Machines, we will love you.

Well, Megatron came back from the depths of space (unexplained WHY he was out there) and he found Dark Energon...but this whole time, he has had the iacon database but had no means of translating it and didnt think about it until the Orion Pax incident. Other than hoarding energon to f*ck over the autobots, he hasn't really had any plans... the closest thing is what he revealed during their fight against Uniciron:

that he will defeat Unicron and the autobots can trust him because no one can rule earth except him. So...turning Earth into his new planet to rule the decepticon way and not screw over ('This time I'll make sure I have a planet to rule)...is his plan o_O 

7. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I will conquer this planet. My way." - Megatron, 2011

Cybertron was denied to him, he's not having any of that this time, the only thing that changes is that he is trying various different ways to achieve it. Dark Energon almost worked but ultimately failed, now he is hoping that one or few of the relics will give him the advantage/edge that he needs to crush the Autobots and anything that stands in his way of taking control.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I forget which episode, but he did say (about the Earth) "this time there WILL be a planet left to rule." So, "take over the world" is actually the correct answer. However, rather than ravage the planet and deplete its resources by starting a big war right from the beginning, this tinge he's consolidating power until he holds all the cards before openly seizing power.

In season 1, he wanted to consolidate power, first by learning the secrets of dark energon, then by forming an alliance with Unicron. When that didn't work out, he used the opportunity to kick off the relic hunt that hasn't yet concluded. Throughout both seasons he's had his mining drones gathering energon. He also had Starscream and his engineering drones build that space bridge, presumably so that Megatron can use. Earth as a base for sending his armies to other planets.

A for what's the point of not revealing more, that's easy. For one, it gives the writers some wiggle room if they have to change their plans. More importantly, it allows them to do a dramatic reveal once Megatron has almost achieved his true goal. Remember how awesome The Agenda was in Beast Wars? That only worked because they didn't reveal the full plan any earlier. If they told us at the beginning, I doubt we'd look back on Beast Wars even half as reverently. Let's wait and see what they do. :) 

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I seriosly doubt that Prime "let's re-use the same one plot for 10 episodes" writters are capable of writing a big twist reveal like the Agenda.

Their first twist was Unicron = Earth and was one of the stupidest twists in any TF fiction.

11. flamepanther

One would have thought that about Beast Wars prior to The Agenda. Hey look, another stasis pod!

12. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Stockpile as much energon as possible and use whatever advantage comes along to tip the scales in his favor for when hes ready to attack. I think once he has enough energon he will rally the Decepticons and take over earth to further exploit its resourses. Probably to rebuild Cybertron or just continue taking over whatever he comes across.

Until then hes just quietly getting ready and doesnt want to reveal himself to the humans and have to expent his reserves on fighting them. He learnt his lesson after cybertron fell and is more interested in victory than glory now. It seemed especially obvious in stronger faster when his plan was to just exhaust the autobots and remove them from the equation without some huge final battle.

13. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Really? We're comparing the stasis pods to the Ancient Relics? The same relics that all happened to end up on the same planet when they were jettisoned from Cybertron; whereas in the first episode of BW it's explained that all the stasis pods were ejected prior to the Axalon crash landing, and that they would all land on Earth eventually?

Also, The Agenda wasn't just a fluke of good writing or anything; it was something they had been building towards all season with fantastic episodes like Code of Hero.

14. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    To bide his time as an ultimate opportunity.

15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, and still this is my favorite TF show ever

16. flamepanther

Yggdrasil said nothing about the plausibilty of the relics ending up on Earth. He derided the writers for using "the same one plot for 10 episodes" presumably refering to the relics. On that aspect, yes, we can damn well compare it to the stasis pods. If we want to talk about implausible coincidences revolving around the Earth, we can discuss how random and out of place the Vok ultimately were (and how they left that plot thread completely unresolved) but I don't really see the point.
    But we didn't know what they were building toward until it was revealed, did we?

17. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He mentioned something about conquering the Earth and destroying the autobots, especially OP.

Unless he's going to rethink these 2, I don't know what's his Master Plan really is.

18. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Go back and watch BW, they did give Megatron a plan before then and mentioned it several time. Get lots of Energon so he can fuel a Predacon uprising to take back there rightful place rather then be beneath the heels of the Maximals. And then go back to conquring.

19. flamepanther

That was his stated plan from the beginning, and the backup plan he pursued occasionally, but not his actual plan, which was always to locate the Ark and prevent the Autobots from eventually winning the Great War. That was hinted at in the first episode when Dinobot complains that they were supposed to have landed on Earth. But that plan wasn't revealed until The Agenda, and it would have been a lot less fun if we knew about it before then.

Incidentally, BW Megatron's stated "cover" plan isn't really any different from TFP Megatron's. Get energon, destroy the good guys, rule the universe.

20. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice reference to Beast Machines. :D 

I think I know why Megatron was roaming the galaxy until he found Dark Energon, which is that the Allspark was on Earth but the Autobots sent it back into space to keep out of Megatron's reach...that or the Autobots punked him into thinking they did when they haven't yet found the cube. :lol 

jD001