What exactly is "Henkei" or "alternity"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bathawk, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

Sorry still feeling my way around. are Henkei bots just recolors? maybe with that "old school" chrome paint?

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    henkei is takara's version of the Classics 1.0/2.0 line...with different, more cartoon accurate paint applications,and usually with some chrome apps too...some prefer henkei, some prefer hasbro..some, like me, think some figures of henkei look better, and some from hasbro look better :D  alternity, someone else can answer :D 

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Alternity is a Japanese only (so far) line of 1:32 licensed cars, the first 2 of which are Optimus Prime/Convoy and Megatron: they are partially diecast and each will come in 2 colors (character colors and car 'hero' colors) Prime is a Nissan GT-R and Megatron is a Fairlady Z. Megatron has only been shown in silhouette so far.
    Transformers Binaltech Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles at BigBadToyStore

4. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

so is there any real difference between alternity and the alternators line? (besides being in Japan only of course)

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    They are smaller. The japanese equivalent of Alternators is Binaltech (Which has diecast metal where as alternators only had plastic.)

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Completely different lines. Alternators were 1/24 scale, Alternity is 1/32 and uses entirely different molds. The Japanese version of Alternators was the Binaltech line, which had the same molds only with diecast metal and slightly different decos in some cases.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I myself prefer Classics to Henkei (though I preordered Ratchet, Thrust and Dirge, and I might still someday get Henkei Megatron) since Classics is less expensive. Henkei might be for the characters that won't be coming to the US just yet. (coneheads, Ratchet)

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This is my basic translation of what the lines are:

Henkei=Takara's "Universe/25th Ann." line
    Alternity= Smaller scale line similar to Binaltech

Personally I prefer Hasbro's Universe/25th Ann. line to Takara's Henkei, and so far I have little to no interest in their Alternity line, which so far is not planned to make any debut here in the US threw Hasbro.