What ever happened to Tit. Prowl and Grimlock?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what about those G1 robot heroes of Galvatron that was supposed to come out this year?

2. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

I'm pretty sure I saw the robot hero at a target store

I could be and probably am wrong though

3. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

Galvatron already hit the shelves.You are talking about the 3'' Titanium one correct?If so I've had mine for at least 4 months.The ones I'm waiting for are Cliffjumper,Sound Wave,Nemisis Prime,and I think they were doing one more.

I'm curious about the 6'' WWI Grimmy and Prowl myself.It has been rumoured that they are to be released around the same time as the Classics 2.0 Lets keep our fingers crossed.Those are the ones I wanted the most.

4. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I meant the Robot Heroes 2-pack line. We shown pics of Galvy and Astrotrain.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hopefully we will eventually get prowl and Grimlock, but the way things have been going they'll show up as botcon exclusives.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The new Robot Heroes aren't supposed to come out till late, late this year, early-mid next year.

The 6inch Titanium line is cancelled. No WW Grims or Prowl for us. (If I recall correctly, though we did see painted Protos)

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No, the next set of G1 Robot Heroes (Galvatron, Hound, Blitzwing, Sunstreaker) isn't out yet, the second movie wave is still pretty new to stores. So far all we've seen are grey protos of the wave which included BW Megatron, Cheetor, and Rattrap (one Predacon unknown).

As for Grimlock and Prowl, we saw a cast proto of Prowl and a painted proto of Grimlock. Last we heard they were going to try to release them along with possibly Soundblaster and Primal Prime (Skywarp canceled completely, jerks) and we've seen protos of them as well. They did warn us that most stores didn't want the line anymore however and getting them to market would be hard. Seeing that even their run as Target exclusives didn't go over very well, I'd say we're not getting them.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro said that they were still planning to release Grimlock, Prowl, Primal Prime, and possibly Soundblaster (who is still questionable). As for when they well be released, we currently have no idea. It all depends on what stores will be willing to cary them. As for the Robot Hereoes, I think it'll be a while till we see those ones, and we haven't seen any protos for an Astrotrain. I think you're talking about the Blitzwing proto. Here's hoping for Hound and Galvatron to get packaged together, as those are the 2 out of the new one's that we've seen pictures of that I actually want.

9. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Whoa Sunstreaker and Hound?? Where was this mentioned???? Any chance of Sideswipe? I haven't seen pics for Hound.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    For those of you who don't know what the new robot heroes are, or look like, there's a nice gallery here.

They'd better make Sideswipe eventually (and no exclusive or repaint crap) or I'll run up to the CEO of Hasbro and kick him square in the balls.

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Split Lip, thanks for that link! I don't know how I missed it. I hope good ole Ironhide and Wheeljack get the Robot Hero treatment.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I want that WW Grimlock, and Prowl, badly. I reeeally hope they don't become botcon exclusives.

13. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

Those are cool glad they are doing more G1 stuff but I think these are some thing I won't collect but looks great to get my kids.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    It's a shame Grimmy and Prowl weren't released along with the movie bots, EVERYTHING TF related flew off the shelves in my area INCLUDING the 6 in Titaniums, ah well.

15. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the Targets in my area, they never were on the shelves more than a day or 2 before they sold. I figured that was a good sign for the Titanium figs.

There is always hope for them to show up at SDCC exclusives like Menasor did.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    We saw painted versions of both of them not too long ago, courtesy of Don Figueroa.

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there is no official word on any of the remaining 6" Titanium figures. Primal Prime and Soundblaster were on display at BotCon 2007, and we've seen pictures of the Prowl and Grimlock prototypes. When asked at Botcon 2007, the Hasbro guys didn't know what was going on with the 6" line. Note that the Titanium line is made by Galoob, not Hasbro. There has been no news concerning Skywarp since the figure was announced. The Hasbro guys at BotCon didn't even know he was being made, so it's possible that Skywarp has been cancelled.

18. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    [Sarcasm]Great, just great.[/Sarcasm] I never found Sunstorm, and now I'm probably not going to get Grimlock or Skywarp either. Of all the stupid *$^&@$*&^%$*(#@^%$@*)&^%$*(@^%()@%$

19. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really hope we get WW Grimlock and WW Prowl eventually. Those are some really nice molds and two of my favorite characters. Maybe they'll be Comic-Con exclusives next year like Menasor was. Who knows. Just as long as they're released. I don't care if I have to get them off of ebay!

20. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I really want Titan WWI Prowl. Haven't even had a chace to get G1 Magnus yet. He's all sold out.

Those new RH look so cute. Definately getting some of those like Sunny and Hound. I'm glad they're doing BW ones too. My friend may even want the BW ones. When are those new RH due out?