What ever happened to the takara voyager sized jetfire armor for voyager prime??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

What ever happened to the takara voyager sized jetfire armor for voyager prime??

Takara delayed it but never gave any updated info about it at various japanese conventions in july/august.

some TF fans speculated that 2007 voyager prime was going to get swapped out/replaced by HFTD 2010 Voyager prime.

I really wanted this jetfire armor as it looked super cool. and sperated into armor parts like it did in the movie. also this combined versions won't take away legs poseability in the combined figure like the leaders sized toys do.

prime towing jetfire as a trailer & gun station looked kinda cool.

the leader sized version takes away primes leg poseability in combined mode. that is unless you get a screw drivers & un-screw the waist legs of letfire making them 2 seperate pieces. which I haven't done.

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I think that was delayed/ postponed indefinitely/ canceled.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with Movie 3 jst around the corner and ROTF lines being called HFTD I don't think we will be seeing anything like that. Unless in TF primes gets more Jet pants.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I thought this was the case as well.

Shame but meh really. Plus with a new voyager Prime mold on the scene now it's looking even more unlikely we will ever see a release of a set using the old one.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

personally I would think it would make sense for Hasbro/takara to release this voyager jetfire armor next 2011 year around the 2nd quarter as pre-movie toys. with either the 2007 voyager or HFTD Voyager prime.

Since hasbro packed so many 2007 recolors in the ROTF toy line.

I'm kinda wondering if it's even possible for the HFTD Voyager prime to wear the jetfire armor. due to the robot mode having extremly thin legs & feet.

6. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Damn, and that was the one Optimus UI was looking forward to.

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was cancelled. And no, the new version of Voyager Prime would not be able to wear this armor without major modifications to the armor to make it attach.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Anything's possible. Look at HA Jazz!

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends on how far the tooling got. I'd imagine it was just a painted prototype that we saw, so there's probably not a lot of money tied up in the tools. Even if it did go further, I don't think the armour would cost as much to make as a whole new toy.

It might still happen of course - I could see it post-Movie 3 as a part of the movie expanded universe at that time, much like how we're getting HA Jazz now. I'd love to get one but I'm not that fussed, if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

that's the thing,the last few pics we saw of the voyager jetfire armor. clearly looked like it was at the final stages of developement. as it was seen in 3 different colored mode configurations. armor on prime,as a trailer for prime. as a weapons platform for prime.

I honestly don't think that 2007 voyager prime is so obsolete that both takara & hasbro would not attach the voyager jetfire armor to it. then sell it by putting 2 items in a leader sized box & sell them that way.

As noted the HFTD 2010 Voyager prime toy has it's flaws & isn't the 100% superior version of the voyager prime movie toy molds.

The live action movie toys sell beyond well. so it would be foolish for hasbro & takara not to sell the voyager jetfire armor. as many will buy it.

11. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voyager Jetfire !!! FTW in the HFTD line that will combine with BB optimus!!!

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I don't think it's possible for voyager armor jetfire to combine with HFTD Battle blades optimus prime.

Because the voyager jetfire armor was made to tailor fit on 2007 voyager prime.

both 2007 & HFTD BB Prime toys are 2 totally different designs. like night & day different designs.

as most have noticed HFTD BB Prime is much skinner in the legs & feet. this alone might make the jetfire armor boots to wide/big to fit on HFTD primes legs. i'm sure other armor pieces might be hard to fit on HFTD prime's mold.

I really don't see the big deal in using the 2007 voyager prime toy to attach the voyager jetfire armor to. as it's still super poseable & has a decent design in both modes.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think the problem is that everybody and their mother probably owns that mold in some form or another by now. Heck, I was trying to AVOID that mold and I ended up still getting it as a gift from a relative.

I think by now that armor has been canceled because nothing has been said about it ever since the rumors of cancelation occured. Plus, the armor might have hindered articulation as it is, like when the two leaders are combined, so it doesn't matter that the 07 Voyager has good articulation when a gimmick hinders it.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

This particular voyager jetfire armor split into parts like energon wingsaber.

this jetfire armor didn't appear to take away any of the 2007 voyager primes articulation. as the boots attached to the lower legs. the jet pack pack attached to primes back. the gun & shield attached to primes hands.

when the 2 leader sized toys combined. leader jetfire doesn't break up into pieces. that's the main reason leader primes legs can't move that much in combiner mode.

15. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was referring to hasbro coming out with a brand new Jetfire mold in voyager scale that would have a robot mode and also combine with our U.S BB Optimus Prime!!! forget about takara armor idea and just give us a transformable figure... its a dream I know, but look at all the great stuff thats coming out the end of the year, and the beginning of 2011, anything is possible I say!

16. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

That was my solid guess as well. Based off hasbro/takara selling a few Pre- movie toys on both TF1 & TF2

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless it suddenly reappears I'd consider it canned.