What Ever Happened To The Aftermarket Accessory Sets Fo Classics Deluxe Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 5, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I remember seeing a thread in the news forum a while back that showed pics of accessories that were made for TF Classics Deluxe figures. They were made by an outside company and included a Matrix for Rodimus and a small hand-held version of Classics Megatron for Classics Starscream to hold.

I also remember the Classics Megatron Gun for Starscream coming in his green and white Nerf colors and his grey, black, and red Henkei colors as well.

Does anyone else remember this? Is there anyone out there who has the link to this thread? Have these items come out yet? If not, are they still due out?

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FansProject was making those products you mentioned. They haven't announced a release date yet. Go to FansProject to view photos of them.

3. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd been wondering about those products myself. I thought they had already been released and I may have just missed out on them. I can't find any information or pictures of them from FansProjects website. I remember seeing pictures last year from someone's post here with Classics Starscream holding a Classics Megatron gun.

4. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link. Fansproject does some GREAT products. The mini megatron guns and matrix are AWESOME. I missed out on the City Commander armor because the cost was just too high......I wish I hadn't missed it but, I didn't have the $$$ at the time.

5. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    just scroll down the main fansproject page and under the June 24th 2008 TFCon2008 heading you'll see links to the pics.

6. Venksta

News Credits:
    I inquired about the Megatron blasters(their actually my idea). The actual gun is ready to be manufactured. Their just waiting to pick a release date, so they can begin. This was something I was told over a month ago. I suggested to FansProject to sell the blasters in a pair, 1 Classics and 1 Henkei version. I'm not sure what they'll actually do for them though. And a little tidbit most people don't know, the Megatron blasters have a gimmick for the handle peg. :D 

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  7. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found the news posting on FansProject from TFCon 2008. Here it is with pictures of the accessories in question.

TFCON2008 NEWS

8. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link to the news item Alpha. Man, I REALLY regret not being able to afford the City Commander armor when it first came out. Now it's $120+ on ebay.......and I'll probably never own it. I don't really like the Shadow Commander set too much.....Nemesis Prime was never meant to look like UM.

To those of you who do have the City Commander set.....you are really lucky to own such an unbelieveably awesome version of Ultra Magnus!! I envy you!!

9. Venksta

News Credits:
    Theres still a chance the Powered Convoy repaint will be released. So you could always go with that version. :) 

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for the mini Megatron, too. I've just assumed that it was being held up while FP was pumping out City and Shadow Commanders. The Alt Optimus accessories came out a little while ago, though, so it shouldn't be that much longer of a wait.

11. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

I REALLY want the Powered Convoy version. I hope for a botcon blue classics prime. jsut gotta keep wishing.

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just start saving for one seriously its worth it. Even look in the junkion boards here I've seen them go for $120 with a Classics Ultra Magnus included. That's a deal in my eyes. Now I just need two shoulder rocket to put on mine.

I am really looking forward to both of these two new kits coming out from FP. I am under the assumption that the matrix is going to light up or did they scrap that feature? I read it somewhere on the boards. But every time I look at the pics I ask wheres the battery and how.:inquisiti 

EDIT: I was looking over the pics again and it hit me that maybe the inside of the matrix is clear light blue plastic and the base it sits on has a battery and LED. Kinda like that statue of the matrix which is also a must have.

13. Venksta

News Credits:
    Yeah, the inside of the matrix will actually be a clear gem, so that when sitting on the base, it can be lit up with a LED. :)  The prototype they showed of the base didn't have the LED setup yet.

14. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check out some of the site sponsors. Some have restocked on CC and have him for lower than 120 dollars.

Me too (not mine BTW):

[​IMG]