what ever became of optimus in the time of beast era cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 25, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

between the end of the great wars, the rworld wide protoforming of all cybertronians and the great downsizing from autobot and decepticon to maximal and predacon what role might optimus prime have had if he had actually lived through out that era?

given the raw deal that predacon society got over the entire matters

i could all too easily see optimus prime's role in cybertornian society over time becoming that of a person leading a moral crusade for equal rights for all cybertronians predacons included

in essence his becoming over time a cybertronian counterpart to the later martin luyther king jr when it comes to the matters of race relations and equal rights

what are your thoughts?

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Considering by the time we saw Cybertron during Beast Machines, its possible that he either died or may have become more of an ambassador or statesman kind of role. We see an Optimus Prime statue that BM Megatron uses to trick the Maximals. Who knows, maybe Optimus Prime's spark was captured by BM Megs when he took over the planet.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Space explorer. I think.

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFWiki says that he became a space explorer. Would explain how Megatron took over Cybertron, and how he seemed legendary among the Maximals.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thats cool, I wish it was animated. I just assumed all the old Transformers died off.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Any chance we could open this thread up to include what happened to all the TFs that remained at the end of G1?

Many had lived for millions of years in the lead up to G1 (and during it!) but Beast Wars is 'only' set 300 years after G1 and yet in this time they are all gone (with the exception of a few, who were 'reformatted').

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pseudocanonical story "The Last Days of Optimus Prime" offers one possible answer, and its events were reflected in the official BotCon story "Terminus". Here, we see that Prime, questioning his place in a world that was evolving and changing around him as Autobots and Decepticons became Maximals and Predacons, travelled to the otherworldly J'nwan to live out the rest of his existence. The latter story suggest that's where a lot of the classic G1 character went.

(That "space explorer" bit comes from a Japanese book called "Beast Wars Universe", which includes a bunch of info on the writers' ideas, but a lot of which has subsequently been rendered non-canonical.)

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Last Days of Optimus Prime is a pretty fitting send off for the guy. It's my preferred explanation of what happened to him.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Very interesting.

Some good stuff in there, although more than a little vague and unfulfilling IMO.

I haven't seen any Beast Machines yet, but I have watched all of Beast Wars. Does BM fill in any of the gaps?
    I see there was a reference to 'the great upgrade', which is also another one of those things which seems to have been glossed over in canon.

Ah, there is still so much left to learn... :D 

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The vagueness of it, I think, is rather the point. In "Terminus" and the associated BotCon stories, the J'nwan is scientifically defined as a region of Cybertron caught up in a subspace fissure that sees it interact with pockets of other dimensions and blargh. I LOVE how vague it is in "Last Days", where the language used about "stilled heartbeats" and such makes it seems like it's very ethereal and that Prime might have actually quietly slipped away into death before he found himself there, without even realising it.

Beast Machines doesn't touch on any of this, no. The BotCon Wreckers comics released during BM's run do handle some of it, though, looking in on Great Upgrade-era Cybertron as Autobots become Maximals and little things like that.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Well, in the BW/BM and Universe/Botcon fiction, we saw some of the G1-ers and what happened them.

Prowl, Silverbolt, Ironhide, Arcee and Grimlock became Maximals.

Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Cyclonus, Skywarp? and the G1 Predacons became Predacons.

Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Hot Rod, Rook, Tap Out, Glyph, Silhouette and Shadow Striker all left Cybertron at various timepoints.

Personally, I like to think RM Wingstun could be pre-Beast Waspinator. They share a mold, boast similar colour schemes and I'd like to think Waspinator wasn't the Predacon's name before he was reformatted in prehistoric earth.

Looking at Titanium WW Thrust, he reminds me a lot of Terrorsaur. Both are cowardly braggards. Just an idea I've been playing around with since Device Label Tigatron suggest that Tigatron was around in the G1 era.

Characters I would be curious about would be Ultra Magnus, Shockwave and Galvatron, though if you were setting BW after the Marvel UK comics, Shockwave is dead anyway.

Also, since the Maximal upgrade was to give smaller, more fuel efficient bodies, where do the Micromasters fit in?

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I would think Prime would had took more of a goverment role. In the G1 movie, Cybertron had Autobot City on Earth. So I would think that type of stuff might had went on after the Maximals and Predacons came around.

So Prime could be on Earth in the present day Earth after the great war. Just a thought.

13. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

He got a new job. He's happy now. Please leave him alone:

[​IMG]

14. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

During the time of the Pax Cybertronia, the Maximal High Council declared Earth off limits to any Cybertronian. It appears as if Cybertron's relationship with Earth deteriorated over time.

15. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Although the last days of Prime is not canon, I always love the way it was told for the greatest transformers. To me, what happened to Optimus Prime is not meant to be exactly describe, it just leaves it to the imagination. The story just says that Prime went beyond...

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well he died in headmasters, that could explain it

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All just speculatory fanwank from me, but I liked to think that it was said that Optimus Prime died as a cover story, and actually he and small group of Autobots/Maximals returned to Earth to 'retire', and guard the planet against threats. (a little stronger insurance than just the Maximal Council laws to stay away)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I like that story. It's kind of sad in a way but fitting. I like how at the end Megatron greats him with a hearty handshake and says it never ends. Just shows the connection these 2 great rivals had, even in death. I'm almost tearing up thinking about it lol.

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I never knew about that story until reading this thread. It's pretty freaking cool. I guess it suggests that somewhere in space, Galvatron either reverted back to Megatron, or when Galvatron slipped into the J'nwan, he reverted back to Megatron then. Also, the Prime and Megatron that we see in the J'nwan may very well be their sparks as its left up to the reader to decipher. It wouldn't be far fetched to think that Galvatron's spark would project his form as Megatron, since that was the form he had the longest. Pretty neat stuff. It even matches up with Prime's whole "Till all are one" spiel.

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

so prime and megatron became friendly enemies then

very interesting stuff that