what else will you collect...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, May 15, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

so what else would you collect waiting for the animated toys or if you already have all of them (peaugh i am looking at you) i for one am done with the movie toys so i am collecting BW figs in the mean time

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    343 posts, and you still posted this in General Discussion? Tsk, tsk.

Also, the question is a little awkward. Maybe a lot of us aren't buying anything right now because we're saving up for the giant wad of cash we'll be dropping on TFA toys?

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

oops wrong thread

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Still working on getting a job, have no cash for when Animated hits ;-;...damn me wanting to be a completionist on this line. Plan to buy the line by the wave, get 'em all at once so I don't need to hunt or worry about affording them.

Other than Animated, I plan to pick up some stuff from Universe...but not to any major extent.

Toywise that's it for me.

Err as well as stuff from over the years, G1, Alts, Classics, AEC, and a few pieces I missed near the end of the movie line (Incinerator, Landmine, etc.), as well as a couple of Masterpieces (Convoy, US Screamer, Megs).

Movies, other toylines, music, games, comics, books are another story -_-

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm buying loose g1's. :cool: 

Otherwise I'm finishing up allspark power> then to premium> then to universe with classics and titaniums > then to 25th anniversary> and movie 2.

oh look there is no animated in my plans. but look how many other things besides animated there are to buy. something to think about for the casual observer.

I think this could have gone in toy discussion.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Halo figures, tail-end movie line stuff, old Universe 1.0 stuff I still need, etc.
    DN

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I'm currently done with the movie line except for a few of the upcoming exclusives (Inferno from TRU and Fracture, Crankcase & Breakaway from Wal-Mart) and three of the Target Scouts that I've put off buying (Armorhide, Skyblast & Strongarm).

I'm working on getting a full set of Shattered Glass figures (say what you will, but I like these guys more after reading the fiction and messing with my friend's figures).

As far as stuff no longer out... I've been hunting for a few other Botcon figures (Ratchet from 05 for one) and I've been picking up some A/E/C figures that I missed or stupidly sold off (not too many I regret selling, but there are a few).

When Animated starts I'm going to be droping a huge wad of cash and another about a month or two later when the new Universe line hits shelves. So, for the next six months my Botcon & A/E/C buying will have to be sidelined, but that's fine as I always get a huge amount of money for Christmas from my mom and grandparents (probably a good $600 give or take) so I'll be able to get more than... and get whatever I've not had money to get of the new stuff. :D 

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I don't plan on collecting the TFA line but while I am waiting for Universe/Classics 2.0 to hit shelves I am beefing up my Star Wars Collection and purchasing the random loose G1 figure or reissue. I have a pipe dream of owning every Season 1-3 G1 figure that was on the show. Starting first with completing all combiners/gestalts.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picking up the occassional Raiders of the Lost Ark fig and possibly some vehicles to use with my 25th Ann. Joes.

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I try to avoid any other lines as TFs use up too much of my cash as it is, damn you Primus for creating the TF race! :lol 

I buy the occasional Muppet item, and once in a blue moon something Alien related. Almost got sucked into the Shinki cult, have been avoiding any threads though.

TF wise I'm filling a lot of gaps just now (G1, classics, G1 related stuff), I just got back into TFs about three years ago when I started using computers/ebay (before the movie was announced, bad timing on my part as they're so popular now). During those years I was a mature student, so cash was tight, as such I've still got a lot of gaps which I'm actively working on.

11. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to collect digimon, but i have found no need to buy the american figures, since they suck compared to the japanese ones.

12. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Dead hookers, as usual.

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^ exactly what I thought while looking at the indiana jones vehicles. The american jeep and nazi troop transport truck were built for gijoe. It's actually convenient there are no figures included.

Joe vehicles are pretty hard to find. And to me their the primary appeal of army building in that line.

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Indiana jones and GI Joe.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    25th Joes
    Sigma 6/KFG
    McFarlane's SportsPicks
    Macross

16. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

A little of this.....A little of that!

17. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

i've been getting the old and new alien/aiens figures

18. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    The dark Knight for me and comic books

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I am not getting any Animated toys but while I wait for more TFs I am getting 25th G. I. Joes and a few Star Wars toys. The 25th line is all kinds of awesome and will tide me over until Transformers Universe hits.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I have a few more non-movie movie characters to get, and if I have any time before animated I'll probably get some Cybertron figures (totally regret missing out on this line :( ).