What else do you collect? Other hobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KillBot, Apr 7, 2007.

1. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

What other hobbies do you have not related to Transformers?
    I collect a lot of stuff that a Transformers collector will typically also collect, such as Gundams and other toys like Marvel legends, DCDirect and Star Wars. I also have a large comic collection ranging from 1940 to present.
    What I am asking is what hobbies or collections do you have that is not typical of a TF collector. I have been building 1/35 scale armored models for a few years (haven't built any lately). fdrtydft nx hfgcxh bcf

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

PVC Titties mostly. (Now I kn ow with Kiss*Players there is some crossover but still). comics, Minimates, Legos, DVDs, sexual partners....

3. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Anime girl figures, Manga, clone trooper figures, dust.

4. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Collections:

DVDs. Mainly my favorite TV shows on DVD, to be exact. Currently have every episode of Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek: DS9, Star Trek: Voyager, and all but season 4 of Enterprise. Also have every Stargate episode released to date on DVD.

Hobbies:

Tinkering with computers. I love gadgets.
    Pro Wrestling. I work for an independent wrestling organization in my spare time. One of the most fun things I've ever done in my life.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I collect video games and consoles. I've been known to have as many as ten consoles hooked up to a TV at once, and those are just the ones I actually play.

Other hobbies and interests include drawing (which is really more than a hobby), comics, anime, and manga, Linux, and stereoscopy. I was really into StepMania, but that's on hold until I can get a new dance pad. Past hobbies that I occasionally revisit include palindromes, NES ROM hacking, MUGEN, and building levels for Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

6. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I also love messing with computers other electronic toys. I also forgot about my addiction to video games (PC, 360, PSP) and TV. I guess I have so many hobbies I can't keep track of them all. I really should cut back since most of my stuff is in a storage unit.

7. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

wrestlers, random action figures, playing card decks, comics

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    No other collections. I do play guitar, got 5 of those. :D 

9. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Aside from transformers, I am a Magic: The Gathering player. I have a wide variety of cards and decks along with my roomies. :D 

10. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Fossils. I also tend to take a souvenier of the terrain back with me whenever I go hiking or mountain climbing.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Books, books and more books, heavily tilted toward political/sociology/media studies nonfiction.

Concert posters, in case that wasn't obvious from the 'bands you've seen live' thread. I've managed to accumulate 40-50 at this point, limiting myself to shows I actually attended as opposed to gobbling up anything for a specific band and/or by a specific artist, like some collectors do (thereby making it harder for people like me). These things often have print runs of less than 100, veeery rarely do they go over 200-300. Makes 'em a bitch to collect, but also makes virtually any collection unique.

12. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I collect swords. what ever one i can find as long as the quality is good. i have had authentic basket hilt braodswords to a musashi katana. I used to try and restore them but i can't with little ones.

I also collect Kingdom Hearts stuff, figures, books, callenders. what ever i can find. I used to have an extensive star wars collection (mostly of Vader stuff) but I stand to get a larger collection from my father when he dies. He has the first run of figures carded to current, i should say though that most of those were mine and my older brothers from when we were kids.

I also collect silent bob and jay inaction figures. Finally dvd's of my favorite series. from highlander tv series to the home movies cartoon.

13. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I play games such as Federation Commander and Epic: Armageddon. When I had access to a computer that could run it, I was a big fan of Medieval 2: Total War!

Hobbies-wise, I've been watching a lot of anime again recently (the last time I did was when I used to live in Vancouver) - shows like Ergo Proxy. I'm also a fan of Star Trek, the Stargate series and the Firefly/Serenity 'verse, among others.

...and I recently finished reading the Mars trilogy (and the Martians anthology) by Kim Stanley Robinson. Fabulous series. (His book The Years of Rice and Salt is great, too!)

I also read up a lot on history and current affairs, when the former is of interest (most of the time!) and the latter isn't too depressing (the curse of watching too much Star Trek as a kid and actually expecting humanity to turn out well...)

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of for now...

Gary

14. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Collecting - On occasion I buy some Coca Cola stuff. Buy the occasional Black Belt Magazine (Mainly with Chuck Norris on the cover. Yes, make fun of me :p  ). The oldest I have is 1964, the first photo appearance of Mr. Norris on the cover. Also buy a lot of CDs and try to get them autographed by the artists.

Hobbies - Really big into writing and photography. Also do Taekwondo, but I'm starting over again, back to white belt. :(  Hopefully I'll get my black belt soon.

15. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I collect comics. Primarily Spider-Man but I also collect some others. I have a full run of every Spider-Man ongoing series, mini series, one-shots, etc. I am only about 20 comics away from owning every Spider-Man titled comic and every comic with a Spidey cover appearance.

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Classic comic strip books. I love me some Winsor McCay in particular. Most of my interest here falls in the first half of the 20th century and I rarely take much interest in anything newer than the 1960's, but I do appreciate a small handful of more recent stuff too.

Actually, I'd say books in general, with an emphasis in religion, history, biography, and memoirs. I tend to read almost entirely non-fiction, and can easily spend triple digits at the annual library book sale where all the books are a dollar. I also go to the library 2-3 times a week and can spend hours there every time. I've only been buying books as a hobby for a couple of years, but I'd estimate I have close to a thousand by now.

Lately I've been getting really into lawn care and gardening. I'm super new to it so I'm not very experienced, but for now I like it.

I used to collect music and movies, but not so much anymore.

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    -Transformers (Obviously)

-Some other Action Figures (Star Wars animated Clone Wars, Earthworm Jim and some Batman stuff and a few others bits and pieces).

-Video games stuff (90% 8 and 16 bit stuff - i.e. Master System, Megadrive, NES etc). Combined with my housemate we have several hundred Master System games and at least 12 or so unique consoles (and plenty of doubles and variants).

-Science! Well that's more my "job" but I do have a lot of interest in it.

-Films and quality TV - a bit of a fan of the Audio-Visual entertainment I am.

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use to collect a LOT of stuff in my youth and I quickly ran out of room for it all. So over the years, I've weeded out most everything except Transformers. That said I still accumulate stuff, (I honestly don't go out of my way to collect) most of them have been gifts or just things I've picked up in my travels.

I have a large Knife and Sword collection because I told some family that I liked that kind of stuff. The rarest is a Union Civil War Dagger.

I also have a large gaming library due to playing RPG's since the early '80's. Included in that is a large dice collection and quite a few Mini's.

I like to watch movies so I have built up a nice library of those as well in the form of old VHS tapes and DVD's.

I also have built up an impressive amount of Autographs from all of the shows that I've attended throughout the years.

I don't know if it counts, but I also have a small collection of rare coins that I my grandfather gave me a long time ago.

As far as hobbies go, I like to Rock climb, Swim, Write, and play Games.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    basketball. movies. books/comics. stuff.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Foremost in my head I have a pretty decent Centurions collection. Highlight for this is pretty much everything.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=114283

Also bit of an Evangelion fan, got 2 versions of the TV series, one on VHS tape (wtf is tape?) and the new platinum DVD set. Plus lots of Evas and character toys/models. Highlight for Evas are my two Real action hero Rei and Asuka. They're awesome.

[​IMG]

I also actively go out and hunt Superhero toys, Marvel Legends etc. The thing about these is they're hard to stand up without bases, so only a few are on display, the rest are in a couple of plastic crates. But my Hot Wheels Batman Begins Tumbler will have pride of place on a shelf somewhere at my new house.

Bit of a Star Wars fan too, recently went through a toy collecting phase, (which coincidentally coincides with new movie releases) but I always get tired of paying over the odds for 5 3/4inch toys. I have a few diamonds though, my FX Saber, my tricked out Clone Gunship and Dagobah X-wing are awesome.

[​IMG]

I do accumalate of of of toys, so I've had to REALLY cut down, so its just Evangelion stuff, Transformers and Superhero stuff now... which still covers a lot of ground. Ah well. I do have a great Masters of the Universe collection, for that new series. In storage now though.

[​IMG]

I collect comics, but not as a collector, I buy them to read them. As such my monthly pull list is getting smaller each time, (I only have a few core titles) and I tend to be buying more collected graphic novels.

Lots of books, lots of DVDs, lots of games and consoles. I wouldn't call this collecting, more like hoarding. I just don't get rid of any consoles or games, and I've never understood why people part exchange their old one. I'm always like 'But what if you want to play it again?'

Hobby wise I'm doing a lot of Kung Fu again. Maybe 5 hours a week at the moment, and thats not including any extra exercise I do between lessons. I intend to do a lot more though, I pay a flat rate every month, so I can train as many lessons as I want.

Now its down I think thats a lot of stuff. Whoa.