What DVD extras would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Sure the DVD releases are months away, but what kind of extras would you like to see?

I'd love it if there was a "gag reel," similar to what Pixar did for some of their movies. Clips like Transformers blowing their lines, being clumsy, acting goofy, like Rachet doing his G1 impression by hiding his head and keeping his windshield up, and clips of different bots messing up their transformations, for example Ironhide is transforming and half way in he stops and goes “Oh my back went out again… I’m stuck! Where the hell is my arm supposed to go?" and then one of the Hasbro guys runs on camera with a big oversized instruction sheet and walks him through his transformation like someone trying to walk someone else through transforming an Alternator for the first time " No, move that bit ... yeah ... now rotate ... okay, careful with the- oh, you popped the door off..."

Also, as a DVD-ROM extra, I'd like there to be video files of all the different bots transforming that you can rotate and see from different angles and control the speed of the transformation with a little slider.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    More wacky blooper ideas:

When Starscream fly in transforms, gabs the walkway flips over it and lands his hand slips when he grabs the thing and he goes flying of screen.

The Autobots transform and have G1 style bot modes and every one starts cracking up.

3. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    A real gag reel would be nice too.

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gag reel would be awesome.

I want to see some Botcon stuff on the DVD :) 

I would like to see some interviews or features with the voice actors.

I would like to see some commentaries with the actors, Peter Cullen, and Michael Bay. And I would like to see another fan commentary if it features more TFW2005ers :D 

I also would like to see some sort of feature on the history of Transformers, kind of like a documentary on how we got from 1984 to the present.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It would be awesome of they interviewed some people form one of the fan sights while other board members screwed around in the back ground.

6. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea I would deffinantley like to see some gags.

Heh

When prime punches bone in the face....you here him start talking yelling at prime saying he is the VA and not the stunt double... LOL!!! :lol 

7. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

Ahahahaha!!! That´d be awesome!! I´d love to see that.

8. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Along with the gag reel, it would be nice to do those things where they show the scene, but it's one of the takes where the VA messes up his lines.

9. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    I would love to see some Autobot/Decepticon gag reels..like Megs slipping and falling off the platform in Hoover Dam or transforming and bumping his head on the top of the tunnel..

Jazz transforming and hitting his head and Optimus slipping off the Observatory or crushing the roof of the house...

Things like that or maybe a fart joke in between from Ratchet..
    Heather

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Definately a gag-reel.

That, and some extra scenes of stuff that got cut to save time.

Interviews with the robots, including a huge list of everything Bonecrusher hates.
    Ans possibly Scorponok eating the camera.

Also, seeing how much Ironhide likes bulletime (from what I've seen), have a fight between him and Brawl in bulletime all the way through.

EDIT: And the 'Cons laying the beat down on their G1 Selves, with Blackout helping Scorpy.

11. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

A gag reel like that would be hilarious. And it wouldn't be the first time they've done it, either... ILM made small CGI gag reels for the Star Wars prequel DVDs.

As for "normal" extras:

History of the franchise, from toys to G1 cartoons, up to present.

General "making of" the film. On-set BTS docs, practical special effects, etc.

"Redesigning the Transformers" - BTS doc on the CGI TFs, from early designs, through pre-vis, all the way through the final render and composite. Because of how in-depth they could go with this, I think it should be separate from the "general purpose" making-of doc.

Deleted scenes. Any unfinished VFX work should be completed for these shots.

In addition to those "normal" docs, I'd like to see interactive Java/Flash features for the HD releases, for virtual transformer turnarounds. Transformation animations where we can pause, slow-mo, rewind, rotate, zoom, etc. I'm not sure how feasible that is, but I know they're only just starting to push the bounds of these interactive features on HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Or hell, on the Blu-ray version, they could add a PS3-compatible program that does it, and runs using the PS3 instead of the Blu-ray software. If the robot's the only thing on-screen, the system could easily push a high-res model doing a full transformation.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I love a good commentry reel.
    The "cut scenes" which I've heard range from a Prime/Ratchet showdown with Barricade, to more Jazz dialogue, to simply a longer Blackout attack and more Lennox scenes, more Tom Lenk dialogue, a different death for Frenzy (he is actually shot by the Sec Def, thus adding poignancy to his "stupid insects tried to shoot me"), and a scene with the Autobots talking to each other in Cybertronian.

13. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Deleated scenes of course. Also some documentries like the usual "Making Of", Behind the Scenes, History Of Transformers (toyline, animated series', etc) Profiles of the characters and specs on their vehicle modes.

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    more gags

megatron tries to smash through the floors to get to sam, but can't get though

frenzy plays the crazy frog song and flips out

mountain dewbot hands out drinks in the filming break and they all play with x-bot 360

15. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

It'd be nice if they had some of Frank Welker's auditions to go with test CGI footage of G1 models. Of course it would never happen, but eh.

But I really want an extended Prime Vs. Megatron, it felt too short even though it was the best Bot on Con brawling. Or an Easter Egg where instead of movie Prime and Megatron during their gun showdown they have their G1 models. It'd be awesome to see that minute or so of them bringing out their big guns and Prime flying into the building windows with G1 models.

16. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I would like them to include the robot dialogue that was all but missing from the theatrical release.:duel  ;) 

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's my list of extras: a director's cut with more robot action, two commentary tracks (1 with the filmmakers & 1 with TF fans), a feature-length making-of documentary, a doc on the history of Transformers, deleted/extended scenes, interviews with the voice actors (especially Peter Cullen), CGI test footage, TF bios with vehicle specs, and a gag reel.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Everything people said here, plus an extended version of the movie

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Can we get an extended version with other scenes cut out/trimmed? That's what I'd like. Extended to fill in the blanks, add depth. But cut out some of the pointless scenes with the Secretary of Defense and the analyst.

20. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

As was in somebodys sig a while ago... the Autobots dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller! Bumblebee could play the track and all the bots could dance, with Prime moon-walking!