What don't you like about WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still plan on getting it. But I don't like that the mulitiplayer characters aren't the same as the story mode characters. In ROTF I used to practice by playing story mode because they were the same characters used online. Now when I play WFC I won't have that ability and it'll be like learning 2 different games.

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm, not enough characters.

And after what Ive seen a short campain...

but we'll see

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Yeah the roster sorta bugs me as well. I think in the DS has the best roster. I don't know how High Moon didn't add Grimlock or Prowl. And then to make Shockwave and Jazz pre-order bonuses is a bad idea IMO.

4. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I just wanna clear this up for everyone:

There is an extremely high chance that EVERYBODY CAN HAVE THE PREORDER CHARACTERS. Every promotion says preorder to "unlock" them. It was stated that you gained characters through points in Escalation mode, yes? Well, the code you get for preordering simply UNLOCKS THEM ON THE SPOT. That way, you don't have to do all the work of unlocking them through gameplay, and you can just play as your favorite character (say, Jazz) right off the bat.

This is given credence by the fact that some store in the UK (can't remember which) is offering BOTH Shockwave and Jazz. How can one store offer two "exclusive" characters that are separate here in the US? It just doesn't make sense.

Tl;dr: Jazz, Shockwave, and Demolishor will be available for everyone in-game. You simply have to unlock them the old-fashioned way. (Playing the damned game)

Bolded the important parts, because I doubt everyone's gonna read all that.

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Oh well that's some good news. Now give me Grimlock as DLC lol.

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty convinced now that is the case. I am still going to get it at Best Buy, but more due to me having gift cards rather than just for Jazz. But the fact you can unlock characters for Escalation, I'm led to believe they are included. Similar to G1 Ironhide and Gold Megs/Prime for ROTF.

I'm very disappointed by the fact that (seemingly) you can't play as the actual characters in multiplayer. I'm sure this helps for balance but I was looking foward to dueling my friends as iconic characters. I hope the customization for body and colors allows you to pretty much recreate them, however.

7. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I want the default colors of the characters from the story mode.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    So we can't use the normal characters like Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Megatron, etc in multiplayer?

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Yep. You can use their model, but not the characters themselves. I suppose you could always just recreate their colors and then give them their SP specials, though.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

What I don´t like? Well, mostly on it seems to tie into an old cartoon instead of bringing a new story to the table.

11. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but gold megatron and optimus weren't unlockable any other way other than pre-ordering from gamestop(g1 ironhide skin was unlockable through gameplay).

12. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wait nevermind they were unlocked with a button pressing code. my mistake.

13. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    I don't like that I'm not playing it right now.

14. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem with the game. It's basically awesome, with all the character designs it makes me think what they would actually look like in real life, just like in the movies.

I love Trypticon in the game, he doesn't look like a lame monster other than in Generation 1.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not trying to pick a bone or anything, but you haven't said one positive thing about this game, which brings me to my question: why to you participate in this particular forum? You’ve dogged everything from designs, VA, story to concept, I just can’t figure out why you’d want to participate in discussion with those who like the things you don’t… Just curious.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Wait, what? My only beef with this game is the story. The voice actors? I don´t care who voices them (funny thing, G1 here was voiced by portuguse voice actors, like Beast Wars and Beast Machines and Cybertron, so I don´t feel the attachment some people have towards the original voices, the only one I like is Cullen and that´s becase his voice has a character and nobility that gives character to Prime). The designs, yeah.. I bashed the designs so hard, I´m getting the toys and hoping for more WfC designs.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I wish the roster was bigger, but I'm more pleased that they took the time to get the characters right instead of sacrificing gameplay for a bigger roster.

It's not major, but I feel like it should be an open world as well... After missions you can cruise to McCadams Oil House, Visit Wheeljacks weapons store, hit the combat simulator, do side missions. Transformers needs that big feel, but I understand why they didn't do it that way. Just something for them to think on in the future. Games like Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption have massive worlds to explore, and I kinda of want some of that "explore Cybertron" feeling.

This in no way deters my enthusiasm for the game... it looks awesome.