what does transformers mean to you as a fan?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Oct 30, 2017.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC TO WHAT DOES SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS MEAN TO YOU AS A FAN FOLKS

me i always liked the autobot set of characters from transformers over the years

this is what it means to mea imho

Duty, Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Teamwork . Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Compassion, ... Loyalty, Selflessness ,Sacrifice,

nuff said

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    To me it means alien robots that transform into a variety of cool altmodes and have adventures in space.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

In 1984, I was ten when Transformers kicked off in the states.

So for me, now at 43 years old, Transformers is an escape from the habitual punishment of real life. It's an imaginary place where decisions are bigger and consequences more complex than, "I could do the dishes today, or put it off and have to do twice as many tomorrow." It's filled with hope for the future and wonder at what might be. It's a memory of a time that never was, but will always have been as a familiar friend.

Some days those memories seem far away, and others they feel as real as this computer screen in front of me. Certainly at times more real than the endless boring cycle of - wake up -> go to work -> come home -> attempt to get enough done to not be buried tomorrow -> get enough sleep to do it all again - that being an adult means I'm supposed to continually face unrelentingly from now to the end of my working life.

Transformers is a little slice of true heroism (Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.) and despicable actions (Peace through tyranny.) in the name of the greater good carved out from ideas held dear through the doldrums of this existence.

And countless hours dreaming that car, that boat, that plane, that tractor, maybe even that tape deck, aren't exactly as they seem. Maybe, just maybe, they could be something more.

Transformers is hope. And let's face it, who couldn't use just a bit more of that?

• Like Like x 2
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A fiddly toy collectible.

5. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

THIS BE WHY I LIVE FULL TIME WITH MY MIND IN THE 80'S BRO

IT BE HOW I DETOX FROM THE STRESS OF DAY TO DAY LIFE

damn good shows and music for the 80s my friend toon in unwind and detox from all that stress man

• Like Like x 2
  6. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

This.
    And all of this! I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree completely with you both.

BRAVO.

7. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

why do you think I collect Saturday morning cartoons bro?

the 80's be the eternal homeland of my inner child

but these guys here they were my vvery first childhood heroes and my very first taste of epic sci fi anime at that

WITH YOUR SHIELD OR ON IT

you had to of grown up a child of the very early 1980's to be able to understand that space battleship yamato /starblazers was all about a war story, that those among us who grew up with the star force as life long fans of space battleship yamato/starblazers knew exactly what it took to fill the shoes of those who lived fought and died in the defense of humanity and our world. we all know that no one paid a higher price during the five years of interstellar war then those who served on the yamato in the defense of earth and mankind
    ask anyone who is familier wiht space battleship yamato/starblazers and they will tell you the same exact thing as i do now.
    that those who served on the yamato in the defense of earth and mankind did so out of Duty, Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Teamwork . Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Compassion, ... Loyalty, Selflessness ,Sacrifice,
    .these people were autobots in every proper sense of the word .
    yamato is an amazing tribute to the indomitability of the human spirit in the face of a a hostile & unforgiving universe, stated with bravery & determination & heroic fighting spirit,. one that held together as much by the collective will of what remains of her surviving crew as by the rivets & welds of her tired hull, pure audacity given form her crew getting by on sheer grit , tenacity and fighting spirit making the impossible possible through sheer force of will and unrelenting heroism the yamato is more then bolts and bulkheads, she is a living thing , strengthened by everyone who served and died while serving her in battle . she is not just another ship , shes the mirror of our eternal soul

8. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    For me, Transformers is a big FU to the people who told me I was wasting my time with them when I was a kid.

Specifically though, this quote by Optimus Prime sums it up:

"Let them think for themselves, to grow in knowledge and wisdom, and let them always value freedom and life--wherever they find it!"