What does this mean to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Feb 13, 2012.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

MIB?
    MISB?
    Loose?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

MISB: Just got the new figure I've wanted.
    MIB: Finally opened the packaging. That took me about a minute. Seemed like ages. Now for those twist ties...
    Loose: Ready to play at last.

This about sums up what those terms mean to me.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

MIB is "Mint in Box"
    It has the box, the toy is in good condition, but the box is open. May be missing twist ties, tape, instructions, etc.

MISB is "Mint in sealed box"
    It has the box and toy and has never been opened. Fresh off the shelf.

Loose means the toy has no box, maybe no instructions, but the toy is there with all of it's parts. When something is loose one often has to specify what is there.

Since I often just open my toys, I prefer to buy loose. I might buy a toy with missing accessories if the piece doesn't really contribute to the figure.

4. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    MIB - figure is in very good condition, complete with all accessories and paperwork, box is in good shape. For carded stuff, bubble is still included, back is not ripped. Like MISB, the term is really misused these days - see below

MISB - sealed box. Depending on the age/value of the figure, I pay attention to the shape of the box. The term is really misused a lot, since it traditionally means that the box is in mint condition. I still like to think that way, but I will check if I need to since a lot of people think that any sealed package is "MISB", even if it's ripped, dented, or crushed.

Loose - figure has no packaging, may or may not have all accessories (always ask!). I don't expect 'loose' figures to come with instructions, but it's always nice.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

MIB = Mint In Box. Box has been/may have been opened, but the toy was either not handled at all, or minimally handled. (Variant: MOC = Mint On Card)

MISB = Mint in Sealed Box. Perfect example of an unopened toy - never touched beyond the packaging. (Variant: MOSC = Mint On Sealed Card)

Loose = Toy is out of the package and, often, the person has thrown the package away.

6. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Winner.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    MIB: Men in Black.
    MISB: Men in shiny Black (they just washed the suits)
    Loose: you lose, but harder.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    This, pretty much.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    These sum it up for me.

10. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i always mentally read mint, in sealed box, thus both terms described the toy, and not the box except the sealed part, because the toy could be in sealed box but suffered sun/water/physical damages visible through the clear screen. if you really want box description there should be additional description like mint in mint sealed box.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Mint in box means box is open but the figure is mint. The box may vary in condition unless it is mint in mint box. MIMB

Mint in sealed box. Never opened.

Loose. Just a figure no box.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

MISB = Unopened box or card, simply. The toy inside hasn't felt the caressing touch of a child, nor the greasy, grubby hooves of a collector.

MIB = Opened box, or the card was opened in one way or another. The toy could've been taken out, but shows no play wear or damage. Maybe at most dust from the shelf it was displayed on before being put back in its box upon sale.

Loose = Unlike the virginal MISB, this toy's been displayed, played with, cheated on, maybe had a forgettable night or five. Conditions vary. And the toy has no box or blister to be put back into.

13. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

If box has suffered sun/water damage then I doubt the toy inside the yellow faded box is in mint condition

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Actually, any factory sealed box IS MISB, even if the box is slightly ripped, faded, slightly crushed or damaged in any other way, as long as the toy inside wasn't harmed and is still MINT. Mint in mint sealed box (MIMSB) is, of course, another story: that would mean to me that the packaging AND the toy are both MINT and undamaged in any way.
    Either way, these terms are not defining enough to actually judge a figure and packaging; only several detailed pictures will allow proper judgment of the condition of toy and packaging.

15. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

well the damages i mentioned are for the toy, as in damaged toy in sealed box, thus it's not mint in sealed box. but the opposite is true, you could have sun/water damaged box with toys unaffected, and still be mint in sealed box.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    MIB: Toy is in mint or near mint condition is complete and comes with its package which is also is in good condition.

MISB: Its still sealed in its package which should be in neat mint to mint condtion.

Loose: its just the figure it may or may not have all its accessories.

Also remember opinions will vary and just what is mint and near mint.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lolol 

This is what I have in mind -

MISB - Mint in sealed box, but to me, if a figure is called MISB I expect the box or the packaging is also in pristine condition. When I am a buyer I might ask the seller to clarify. If I'm selling a sealed toy and the box isn't in a great condition, I normally call it "new in a sealed box" - then describe the box condition.

MIB - Mint in box. Toy is probably not handled much, or handled with great care so that it still looks brand new. Box condition may vary.

Loose - no packaging, may or may not come with paperwork, toy condition may vary. If all accesorries are present, I'd say "Loose, complete".

There's another one, "Junker" - missing parts, may be broken, again minute description is needed (one of the reasons I don't sell these much)

Generally, if I am selling I never rely on one word description. There can be too much hassle.

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

:lol  I like your definition of loose.