What does the future hold for A/E/C?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

It seems that a lot of collectors on these boards and ebay have been liquidating their A/E/C collections cheap for at least a few years now. Has anyone stopped to think that in 10 years everyone is going to have a MP and Classics collection, but nobody will have A/E/C anymore, making them more valuable? Just a random thought.

2. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I doubt it. Prices may go up slightly when the kids who grew up with those toys start purchasing them again in their teen years/early twenties; but most likely they'll always be readily available, much like Beast Wars. With the few exceptions of course (Energon's last wave: I'm looking at you!)

Plus, many of those figures weren't aesthetically pleasing enough for most collectors to keep anyway. Many of us were just holding on to a lot of them until a better homage came along (thank you classics).

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I sure as hell am not selling off my A/E/C figures if they'll be valuable down the line. My original Hot Shot and Smokescreen figures might actually be WORTH something then!:lol 

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Heck I'm still trying to buy some of them like Shockblast, Beachcomber, & Quickstrike.

5. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I'd like to see A/E/C make a return personally. Just with improved articulation this time round.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This is where I stand.

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can someone please help out a newbie?

What is A/E/C?

Thanks.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Armada/Energon/Cybertron toylines.

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Energon is definitely the worst bunch for me. I have all show characters from Armada. Energon and Cybertron. Plus I still hunt down rare repaints of the minicons. I won't be getting rid of them anytime soon because for me I think these are part of Transformers history. My collection is all about transformers show characters. Dropping any of the three lines would render my collection very incomplete.

iDD

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The cybertron figures especially fit the style of the first classic's sculpts. Since they were made around the same time. And I used the characters from Cybertron to help the small classics line out when they seemed understaffed. (for both factions)

Also the decepticon Destruction machines Armada/ Energon Tidal Wave, Energon Skorponok, Energon Bruticus Maximus, Constructicon Maximus, Cybertron Menasor, and all the megatrons made for a significant rugged construction and war hybrid threat.

I have the space for my old toy memories. Perhaps others don't. Also A/E/C happened when Transformers really only had a mainline and one collector line like Alternators around. There has been so much more freedom in the franchise lately for multiple sublines in Transformers (do to the popularity of the movies) that some fans may be gearing up space for things like Generations and Prime.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  11. darkunor

darkunor Banned

What does the future hold for A/E/C?

Not much!

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    As with any line there will be some figures that command far above retail value, others will not. When you look at the prices for BW, BM, and RID figures, most can be had for basically retail price.

The main problem is that now a days, Hasbro uses and reuses the molds over and over again to spread out the R&D costs and fill out a line. Between mold reuse and the sheer volume of figures being produced, it's not going to be hard for someone to find the figure they want.

13. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Those guys really just made me feel like I was just buying toys, nothing more.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No true in all Markets Shockblast barely got issued at all in the UK due to the usual abandonment of later waves, likewise Quickstrike & Beachcomber and Energon Ironhide and Overcast. the UK never got Prowl & Checkpoint either or quite a few of the Minicon packs either.

I think a great many Cybertron toys fit perfectly fine with Classics stuff personally.

I'd not dismiss the whole 3 lines out of hand as even a line that may have cause some disappointment has some stand out toys (The Cybertron Defense trio for example) - this is ever true of the rather mediocre DOTM line too (Hatchet & Topspsin are pretty good).

I appreciate any line that give you a few critters like Energon & Cybertron did as a like a good mix of animal and vehicles otherwise I get bored of only vehicles - especially when here's so few brand new characters these days and so many are rehashes of G1 themes.

One of the things I liked about G1 was getting the comics and learning about the new Characters and then buying the toys (or the other way around).. the progression of new characters and subgroups kept the line fresh. But now we get the same handful of characters over and over - many of whom where not even that likeable or developed in the first place.

What really makes Brawn or Gears stand out over Pointblank or Chromedome - other than they were in the earlier TV shows ?

I don't even really understand that much about the personality of some individuals we get endlessly resold like Cliffjumper or Jetfire.

I feel a little sad that people can only latch onto something if it's in a Media and not just see something as a cool toy or an interesting personality profile - Cybertron Hardtop for example - a fun little toy and he like Comics - that's a fun idea. or a good many of the Scouts in ROTF - these should be appreciated for the ideas they show - instead they loose all value and are quickly forgotten.. this saddens me.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I like many of the A/E/C figures but not all and i plan to collect the ones i like.

16. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to get rid of all my A/E/C and BW/BM stuff since I don't have room for them. Doubt I'll get much sadly.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll see reissues or updates or anything like that, but personally I'm planning on ditching nearly all my Armada figures (though there aren't many), keeping about half of Energon (since the other half is repaints), and keeping all of Galaxy Force (Cybertron) since I loved that show so much.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I like the lines. Energon is one of my favorite lines ever. The toys may not be as complex and posable as what we have now, but they're fun to play with.

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Energon combiners have aged quite well as individual robots and the fact they combine still holds them in good stead, then there are companies improving the designs so I don't think all will be lost to obscurity.

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Armada gave us Minicons, Energon gave us good Cons, Cybertron gave us great Autobots. My collection will stay pretty intact. I love my energon Ultra Magnus. and I prefer Energon Wheeljack to Classics.