What does "fra-jee-ley" mean?- Fragile TFs.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by alexcollier, Apr 27, 2009.

1. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently bought the Beast Machines Nightscream and was not all that surprised to find that both of his legs were broken off at the swivel joints MISB.

This could be a nice little list of TFs that are known (or not that known) for being inflicted with osteoporosis.

What other TFs are know to be fragile?

2. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    G1 Sinnertwin CANNOT turn into an arm. His head WILL snap. I learned this the hard way :( 

'76 Comaro Bumblebee's automorph will screw up if you transform him without pressing the button on his hood.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

the City Commander set has a really fragile chest piece. Mine slipped out of the box and onto my carpet, now he has a broken chest Also Concept Camaro BB from the first TF movie's automorph in his chest has really fragile gears.

The past year or two has made me consider a toy's fraility as a dealbreaker.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The Christmas Story Rocks!!!!! Thats a Great Line "Fra-gee-ley it must be from France".
    Back on Topic. The CC Armor is fragile but this armor isnt ment to be payed with. It smore for show.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Oh no. If I pay that kind of dough, I better get to tinker with it.

And as for fragile....

I could imagine Animated Swindle being a casualty in the future. He looks good, but those joints made out of translucent plastic give me the heebie jeebies.

Masterpiece Megatron has that swirly metallic plastic, which on it's own isn't so bad, because GPS seems to only affect gold and brownish plastics, whereas silver seems to hold together...but it does have all of that die-cast sitting on top of it, which I'd imagine could wear it down and make it extra fragile.

Of course we know about Transmetal Megatron (which is what made me think of the brown plastics as well as the golds) and Torca, but another two BW/BM era figures that worry me are Airazor (Basic) and Silverbolt (Deluxe, Magnaboss combiner 'bot, the eagle.) They're brown, but more of a goldish tone.

I also worry about the combiner hands and feet for the Energon sets. Translucent plastic looks good, but is it good?

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Much as I love him, Masterpiece Megatron. It's not meant to be handled or played with all that much. I mean if you know what you are doing it isn't that big of an issue, but it is still quite easy to break parts when transforming him.

Not to mention figures known to suffer GPS. Things like TM Megatron, Black Zarak, Torca, etc.

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

You found that out the hard way, also. It sucks.

I don't own it, but if you look at Black Zarak the gold parts will break.

8. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Actually the line was "Fra-gee-lay..... Must be Italian!" Anywho, I've found that little disappointment himself, Universe Galvatron to be pretty fragile. Which is frustrating considering he's supposed to be such a badass :( 

9. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

g1 slog and bristleback
    g1 skyhammer
    g2 gold slingshot
    g2 laserrod (gold one forgot his name)
    bw grimlock
    bw fuzor torca (not all of them but most)
    and on a semi related note, any of the trendmaster voltrons (stealth giant etc etc) will fall apart if you look at them now.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Electro. Mine has broken in 2 places. G1 Pyro suffers from GPS as well. And apparently BWII Randy is a nightmare for it.
    An expensive GPS sufferer is G1 Killbision (Liokaiser). My one's fine, but I know at least one person whose Killbision has shattered so be careful. He's not exactly easy to replace.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Animated Oil Slick. Love the figure except that if you bend the wrist to far it pops off the joint its intended to pop off with the connectors ready. I could'nt get it to pop back in very well so I just had to buy another one. Grumble. The new one does'nt leave vehicle mode that often.

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    G.1 Fireflight. His wings are are bit too tight, and if you're carefull they'll snap right off.

Maybe it's the climate in Scandinavia, but I never had the GPS syndrome on my figures (Pyro, Electro etc).

13. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

Universe Legends Cosmos..

I bought several but they all have the same problem, the ball jointed legs just pop out whenever you look at him, nail polish doesn't do the trick..

Other than that, I only broke 1 transformer ever.. and that was concept camaro.. waaaaay to fragile with the automorph

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And, half the time, it'll break even if you do that. Blackout's automorph gimmick is also prone to breaking, IIRC.

The only TFs I can remember of mine breaking are:

- Car Robots God Magnus - Snapped off a non-essential peg when I transformed it wrong.
    - Masterpiece Skywarp - Snapped off one of the pointies on the tailfin as soon as it came out of the box.
    - The aforementioned '76 Bumblebee Camaro, although I subsequently bought another than had the gimmick fixed.
    - TM Megatron - Left leg broke, I bought another one.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Nothing.. Never brooke a Tf

What the hell is wrong with you ppl ;)  moahahha

16. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    WST Swoop. First one arm fell off and then the other arm will not go back into the shoulder.

17. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    '74 bumblebee.. one of his car doors has broken. where the pin is.. the plastic just broke in half.. now i have him and cc in car mode :) 

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Seconded on the (voyager) Blackout automorph. The ratchets inside that thing merely serve to give the toy a third 'maraca' option, now.

Also, my (2007 movie) Landmine has never been transformed from one mode to the other without a limb popping off.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was actually "Ra-gee-lay" since the F was cut off on the side he was looking at.

Swindle's Translucents might be a bit iffy (only time will tell) but the Energon limbs are sturdy as a rock. They're made very thick and very strong.

And yea, it's not just the swirliness that makes GPS crumble, it was that specific type of gold plastic used.

I honesly don't consider limp popping to be the same as Fragile, if anything it means it'll last longer because instead of breaking at a stress point it disassembles when pressure is added to it. But I'll agree about Blackout, his Automorph "breaks" every time I work him and he just feels like he could snap at an important joint at any time.

Another I'll add to the list is Legend's Scorponok, or at least his stinger. It's made of gold plastic and does suffer from GPS. That thing falls apart just by looking at it.

20. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

20th Anniversary DVD Prime, notably the megatron gun stock hinge that connects to the gun. I just take out the megatron gun from the plastic casing and the damn thing just fell apart.