What do YOU want the 4th movie to be? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chosen40k, Jul 9, 2011.

?

Next movie?

1. Sequel

62 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Prequel (ala War for Cybertron)

19 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Reboot

20 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Beast Wars

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. More than Meets the Eye plot/script with Bayformers designs/action scenes

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

Take your pick.

The last version is basically taking the G1 pilot episode (More than Meets the Eye) and using Bayformer designs and action scenes, but the same script is used (so you'll be first introduced to Bumblebee and Wheeljack, Sam is introduced on the Oil Rig, Dam fight with Mace and Axe, etc).

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

*Hugo Weavingi impersonation* WHERE IS THE POLL, STARSCREAM?

Oh, it appeared, Thank ya Starscream!

And I'll go for sequel, Beast Wars is a stupid concept for big movies, Reboot would not please me, Prequel would be too expensive, What the hell is a "More than It Meets the eye"-esque script?

3. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

i want NEMESIS PRIME!

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm torn between sequel and a reboot.

But as long as Bay and his band of hacks are not involed with the producton I'm fine with whatever we get!

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That's ez... SequeL.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I want less Geewunn.

7. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Sequel with Megatron back as Galvatron

8. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sequel

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Reboot.

I'm just sorry, but there's just no way they could continue on with a 4th installment, not with the way DOTM ended
    with all the Decepticons, especially Megatron and Starscream, killed off
    . A reboot is the only way to go, as there really is nothing more to go on after DOTM.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

A reboot. I'd rather see it than a fourth installment to the Bayverse.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

^Lord Straxus, Unicron, Overlord...

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I want a Prime movie - Autobots vs Decepticons and MECH.

13. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

This!!

14. bearweezie

bearweezie Well-Known Member

Me too, I want a sequel with Nemesis Prime

15. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I went to click on reboot, but the damn page shifted because of all the adds, and I accidentally picked the last choice.

16. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do some people keep saying that, do they not know of Unicron?

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Sequel, because I want another opportunity to get a Leader Ratchet

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Oh shit, I forgot about Overlord! But no Unicron. Straxus and Jhiaxus I'm down for, though.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Part of me wants to say I don't care I'm tired of movie stuff and I wish no one had ever got the idea in the first place to do a live action film.

But any live action film means movie toys will take over so I'll vote reboot in the insane hope that maybe a reboot would mean designs that appeal to me. I don't need old designs but reinventing needs to appeal to me like War for Cybertron, Animated and Transformers Prime did.

And if there is any force in the universe that has the least bit of love for me please no messing with Beast Wars. Only Rattrap should say "we're all going to die" not the Predicons.

20. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hacks eh?

Name one other director NOT named Peter Jackson who has pumped out three films that have made hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars, surrounding one "sci-fi/fantasy" universe, in FOUR yeas (six if you include TF1 filming).

There are none. It is pretty much Peter Jackson and LotR in the first half of the decade, and Michael Bay and Transformers the second half.

You should consider this fandom fortunate that happened. Now I'm sure you'll say, like others have "oh i'm sure Christopher Nolan or J.J. Abrams could make a great transformers movie". We'll I'm sure, but here's the otherside of it.

-Christopher Nolan, who by the way directed films BEFORE Batman Begins, only did Batman Begins and the Dark Knight as a way to gain studio confidence and investor backing to make Inception. Batman Begins was supposed to be a one-off film. It's success (particularly on DVD) turned it into a reboot franchise (where it was initially ambigious and besides the point). He is doing the Dark Knight Rises to finishes his franchise, and also because Warner Bros paid him an obscene amount of money to assume a producing role. And also, his adaptation of source material is incredibly loose. He's more likely to make Transformers about the rise of transforming earth-built sentient robots than something more "true" to the source material than Michael Bay's version. But hey, maybe it'll have Verity Carlo or some random crap comic book character.

- J.J. Abrams.... a lot of people think he's horrifically overrated. But there is another side to it. Ask our Star Trek friends how him managing that franchise has gone for them. What problem do you want to hear about first? The fact that he walked over "established" continuity and franchise cornerstones in a way that makes "Monkey Megatron" and the lack of the other seekers in the Bayverse comparatively look like almost a Watchmen-level adapation? Or the fact that he produces so many movies and managing Bad Robot takes so much of his time, he might... that is MIGHT, have Star Trek 2 out in theatres in May 2013, that is, if he starts in September. That's four, almost five years for a sequel. This makes Star Trek 3 come out in 2017 or 2018, a full 9 years after the first. As was said when Chris Pine landed the role: they recruited young actors in the 20s for a reason. That reason is that JJ Abrams won't do what Michael Bay did, and dedicate half a decade to one story.

Transfans are spoiled rotten. We really, really are. Our franchise of choice puts out a game, every year. These games sell very well and the last two have been really very good. Our franchise of choice had a director who chose...and he didn't have to, he chose... to put together 3 movies since 2007, each being bigger than the last, each pushing a technological boundary (CG in #1 and #2, 3D in #3). Each has cumulatively, turned the franchise into a multibillion dollar franchise of such prominence, I can half a Decepticon chrome sticker on the back of my truck and not feel like a tool. A franchise that I can get on my facebook and tell all my friends "go see Transformers, and pay about double ticket prices in a recessed economy to see it in IMAX 3D, because its worth it and you'll never see anything like it again". Oh and on top of that, for us collectors, we've gotten CHUG, our dream-line. We've gotten incredibly engineered versions of movie characters. We've gotten the Masterpiece lines. And we've gotten remastered versions of every series up to RiD on DVD, including the Takara shows.

And you're telling me, you're pissy because Bay's vision is ultra-violent, ultrapatriotic, has an Optimus Prime who kills his enemies (like he wasn't try to do that everytime he threw Megatron into lava or blew up his starship in G1), and because Mirage was *gasp* Dino?

Get fricken real.

The Alternative to Transformers films as they are is a muddled mess, where they are trying to figure out what to do next with the franchise, like G.I. Joe, or a minor, mostly forgotten CG-only film, neck deep and ultra-faithful to source material, but pretty much a one way ticket for the franchise to go back to Nicktoons. I'm describing of course, TMNT.

So there you have it. The three big franchises of the late 80s (post-dating He-Man). You have Transformers, which is flying at warp speed as a franchise right now. You have GI.Joe, which has a cartoon no one watches and a toyline no one collects and a film series no one cares about. And you have TMNT, with its ultra-purists eating up the Mirage-inspired collectables, the ultra-faithful CG movie and tv show, and the 25 year old comic series, but is so marginalized right now, that again, few knew it is around.

Read this next line. This is what I wrote on my Facebook:

"Go See Transformers, in 3D if you can. You'll never see anything quite like it. It's an unbelievable movie".

replace Transformers with "G.I. Joe" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". You'll see how ridiculous it sounds in relation to those two franchises. That's how successful Bay and his "hacks" have been.