What do you want in the ROTF Game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jerky123, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    What do I want?

All the main charecters in the movie are playable.
    Bonus Skins(Ex.-Animated, BW, Waar Within, G1, Repaint, ect.)
    No timed levels
    No Action Zones
    Free play
    Buyable upgrades (turrents, missels)
    Playable Drones
    Custum Characters
    Can custimize paint-job

What do you want?

2. TIMtationX

TIMtationX opTIMus

News Credits:
    I want weapons that aren't totally useless.. They were absolutely worthless in the last game..Ironhide had a friggin asteroid cannon on his arm that could destroy buildings, but didn't make a dent in enemy forcefields.

3. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    want to play the constructicons and want to have guns which make bot-damage!

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Some better controls in bot-mode, and a multiplayer option. Not just that useless online multiplayer stuff, but some real multiplayer that has been slowly removed from games the past couple of years. I miss the times when you could sit down, in the same room and house, and play a good game with your friends, and not have to do so over an online connection. Other than that I can't really think of anything more I would like to see. I'm in the minority that actually liked the first movie's game.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    a decent hand-to-hand/ranged combat system, no battle zones, the movement system to be fixed, and the cameras to work better. also, online deathmatches.

6. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

All of that is confirmed bro.

7. luke4

luke4 crocon

i want a multiplayer mode where you run around the map blasting and beating the shit out of you friend. that would be lovely.

8. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    switch from robot to robot any time you want, triple changers and stuff

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

More (Or maybe better, rather.) controll when aiming a long ranged weapon. If I'm remember the last game right, what you had was basically an auto-lock sort of thing; only it didn't really work...I honestly can't quite remember what it was about it that was bad, other then it just didn't feel right while playing the game. I much rather would have had completely free-look type aiming, like in a shooter.

Mêlée combat on the other hand, could greatly improve with the use of a lock on feature. One that would work somewhat like what they usually have in the new Zelda games, so that the camera is locked onto the enemy you are trying to fight.
    Also, don't make to so that you have to throw something at your opponent before you can actually hit them. that's just frustrating.

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    It is?

11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

What do I want in the next game? Simple: For the developers not to screw over us gamers who don't have a next-gen console like they did with Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

Also, I really hope they tighten up the driving controls. They were balls in the first game. That, and get rid of those damned time-limits/action zones and the ability of every single damned enemy to block your ranged weapons.

12. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Fewer cutscenes (i.e. only between levels - not within them, and certianly not in the middle of the action).

Better transformation control between bot and alt modes - in the last movie game it felt clumsy - not like the armada game which was a lot more natural.

No stupid "up agaist the clock" missions (e.g. Beating barricade to the power station mission in the first movie game. Even if you were ahead of him when the clock ran out - you still failed the mission - WTF!!!)

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow where do I start.

Projectile weapons that are actually useful.
    More than just one hand to hand fighting combo.
    Unlockable moves/weapons.
    Bigger roster of playable characters.
    Missions that aren't boring.
    No action zones.
    No repetitive voice clips telling me that I need to get to a certain area over and over.
    Good alt mode controls.
    Different transformation animations based on what you're doing.
    Decent unlockable extras, not a million pics of Shia and Josh Duhamel.
    G1 skins that aren't crap.
    Guns that fire energy based attacks not BULLETS.
    Able to choose which character I want to Free roam with.
    Missions where other Autobots/Decepticons fight alongside you.
    Basically I want a game that isn't anything like the first one, and somehow I doubt I'll be getting that.

It's such a shame because Transformers has SO much potential as a videogame, but thus far the only one to be any good was the Armada one.

14. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    1. Being able to choose your overworld character
    2. Weapons that aren't useless OR enemies that can't block EVERY SINGLE SHOT
    3. Mission variety
    4. Challenge mission variety
    5. Being able to transform mid-air AND, not instantly springing forward when you transform
    6. Bosses that don't follow the MELEE MELEE MELEE HIT-WITH-TREE MELEE MELEE MELEE weakness pattern
    7. IF the energon cubes are back, have them appear on the radar
    8. A stationary radar/map (In the first one, it pivots as you do, so you essentially have no compass)
    9. Buildings that don't fall apart at the drop of a hat
    10. Possibly the ability to play as humans (Like the special ops vs Scorponok)
    11. Being able to play as ALL story-important characters (Previous and current movies)

I WANNA BE BONECRUSHER DAMMIT!

15. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

Yeah pretty much what everyone else has said i want lol
    I liked teh armada game it played alot better and teh levels looked so much nicer, if tehy can find an awesome balance between the two ill be a happy fella, keep the whole playing as both sides because that was sweet :D  decepticon side was much better game

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This. Totally. I so went 'Ergh' when I read in that game thing in another thread that it would have online multiplayer because I knew it then wasn't likely to have normal multiplayer too. I don't play games online and would prefer to be able to have a quick blast with mates when they come around rather than have to piss about with online stuff. Beer, pizza and a few rounds of multiplayer in the same room as other people is far more entertaining that with everyone in their own houses.

I'd also like more reasons to replay the game. And I don't mean collecting a billion yellow cubes just to get a lame photo of Michael Bay shouting into a megaphone which has been available online for the past year. The G1 repaints and forms was a nice touch, but they didn't play any different.
    Also, far less time limit stuff and being restricted to tiny zones for battles. If I wanna scarper and catch my breath in a fight then I should be allowed to.

17. jazz1autobot

jazz1autobot Active Member

To play as all the characters
    in the first game you never gould play as bonecrusher

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Not just play as all the characters, but play as all the characters for whichever mission you like, not specific characters picked for specific missions by the game. A fast character can just speed through the streets in vehicle mode, small ones could take alley routes and shortcuts too narrow for vehicles, and strong ones can just smash their way through everything. Already that gives a mission at least three ways to play it. I just want the choice of how I play.

19. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.