What Do You want In the 3rd HMS Aligned Game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Sep 29, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Now that most people have had time to play Fall of Cybertron and get a feel of it and form an opinion on it, the question is what do you want in the next game? I'm talking about everything. Story, campaign gameplay, multiplayer gameplay, etc, etc.

2. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    As personally the only above-average part of the game was the Grimlock sectino, I want Transformers: Lightning Strike Coalition Force, a game entirely composed of Dinobot stages before and after the events of FoC.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Fembots.

FoC was a serious piston-fest.

4. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I agree!

At first I was skeptical about the Grimlock level because of my dislike for him in G1. But after getting my hands on him I want much more game play from him!

5. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

I want much more... Muchness. Everything the last two games had, and then some more of that on top of it.

On specifics, maybe some more large open areas, and a new multiplayer mode that sort of takes advantage of that in a sort of "GTA4" multiplayer way (but with the HM WFC/ FOC spin, of course) without excluding the old style multiplayer modes.

More options for customizing; parts/ class crossover, gender options, more part options (various mouth/ mouth plate/ helmet/ chin-blocks), et cetera et cetera.

The option for custom characters and faction crossover Escalation modes (I'd assume Unicron/ Dead Universe heralds would be the enemy or something, even if it has nothing to do with the story and is completely non-canon).

6. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    These games seriously could have gone on for the next ten years. A trilogy. And spin offs. But the way how rushed and pushy the story on both games feels is just too quick. I mean, it'll be interesting what happens in the third game, if it's on earth or not, but otherwise, you can't really do much with it right now

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Better customization (Limbs affect vehicle), and the plot would be that the two ships crash on Junkion, and the first level is playing as a Junkion who is investigating the crash. The Autobots and Decepticons fight over parts to repair their ships and leave, and something happens, and they both get away, and some more parts for a more original plot, and then it ends with their approach to Earth.

Either that, or half the game is the Junkion part, and the other half is missions on Earth.

EDIT: Also, UNIVERSAL HEADS. I MEAN REALLY. And we need two factions per slot. Not like faction-specific parts, but you can have one Autobot and one Decepticon build, with the same loadouts. Like WFC, except you design each faction character.
    AND THE OLD COLOR OPTIONS. SERIOUSLY!! Why did they change to pre-set palettes over color sliders?
    And we need to be able to pick:

Face
    Helmet
    Eyes
    Eye Color
    Nose
    Mouth/Mouthplate

8. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Story wise, I'd love it if they pulled a Marvel Comics G1 and focused on characters who never boarded the Ark and Nemesis, with Straxus or Shockwave as the main villain(s).

Gameplay wise... The one thing I could think of would be a level set in the streets of the lower districts, populated by Cybertronians who never picked sides in the war.

9. CaricondaBatrap

CaricondaBatrap Active Member

New alt modes, classes, and lots of 'em. Especially for beasts. What's the point of being a big bug if you're just gonna shoot missiles?
    Also, I wanna see Unicron in some form or another.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Follow Exiles and go to Velocitron and Junkion

Include a potion focusing on Cybertron and the characters who stayed behind (Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Shockwave, etc)

Include Scattorshot and Demolishor as playable characters in the campaign

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I think the first thing would be to continue on with the parts swap in customization. It should definietly be carried over if they do another game.

I think they should also make all characters avaliable for Escalation. Like what was done with WFC.

A color slider is also vital, since the whole result with FOC just makes people unhappy with color choices. Keep every character made in all games. It was great that Zeta, Scattershot, and Dead End all came back for FOC. Except Barricade...(sigh) :( 

I liked FOC'S approach for the campaign so that should be kept too. Vehicle abilities should be returned too. Not sure why the removed them to begin with. I would like to see kill streaks come back as well. FOC did a lot of things right and a lot of things run. I hope they learn from this and make better plans if the make another "Cybertron" game.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I want and what we'll likely get are two entirely different things.

What I want:
    A game with an incredible story. You create a custom character with an incredible amount of choices to choose from including transformation animations. The story then unfolds around you and affords you a large amount of personal choice; ala Mass Effect. It would take place after Fall but before Earth. We would be visiting places that were colonized by Cybertronians. Actually, I'ma change that. The story would start before we left Cybertron because I want to see more of that world. Halfway through the game, we board the Ark. Then the second half is on other Cybertronian worlds.

The game play would be basically the same. High Moon did a great job at making level variety interesting. The same philosophy would be carried over. I would also have more emphasis placed on vehicle form as that is half of what makes a Transformer. I want to see prolonged sections designed around vehicle mode, ala Halo.

The end would be a task that looks impossible (but isn't). Build it up as something that is extremely difficult. Then when the player completes this task, a nice race against the clock would finish the game. Again, this is being ripped from Halo.

Multiplayer would return. There would be a few game modes. There would be team death match obviously. There would also be an objective game mode that changes game type every match; capture the flag, headhunter, bomb, capture and hold, and any other cool things the team could think of. A forge mode and theater mode would also be included. I would make sure community made maps and game types were promoted, possibly by having its own playlist. Allowing user generated content is a great way to increase longevity. Given the increased focus on vehicles, some maps would be larger open spaces.

Character customization, as I mentioned before, would be as drastically expanded as it was between War and Fall. You would now be able to color individual pieces and choose asymmetrical options for parts. A variety of paint patterns would also be included. Obviously a color slider would be included. As for the parts themselves, there would be a drastic number of pieces; at least 3 times what we currently have.

In escalation you can use your multiplayer characters, or a person can use one of the named characters.

Now what I actually expect to happen:
    The story will take place on Cybertronian colonized world(s) like Junkion. We'll be playing as a specific character for specific levels.

I expect the story to be about as good as Fall's, which I enjoyed.

The gameplay might go through some minor tweeks the same way it did from War to Fall.

Customization will be expanded again but not drastically so. I HOPE color sliders would be introduced. I won't be surprised if fembots return but I won't expect it.

Basically I'm going to expect Fall of Cybertron where they try to turn its weaknesses into strengths again.

Oh, also, Optimus and Megatron will have new bodies.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Triple-Changers be implemented if possible. I'd also like to see fembots playing a role in the story, if not one being a playable character for a mission.

14. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Constructicons.

Neon green devastation.

15. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

I'm going to try to keep my wants in a realistic scope taking from what HMS has given us.

For mp customization I'd basically like tons more armor sets and a greater variety of weapons across all classes, a color slider for each limbs set but limiting the total amount of different colors to 3, and distinct melee weapons instead of generic blades.

For mp gameplay I'd like class specific racing modes and a FFA deathmatch mode.

For single player it would be cool to see a major focus on the Wreckers that stayed behind. I feel Hasbro has been trying to push their existence in TF continuity to us and though we have an idea of what they were like, we haven't really had anything spectacular to show us what exactly made them so special. What better than a video game to showcase their side of the story? It would be sweet to have Hot Rod, a bow and arrow weilding Elite Guardsman join with them and climb up the ranks and rise to Autobot prominence out of this faction as he trains under a core group consisting of Ultra Magnus, Springer, Wheeljack, and Sgt. Kup. Don't care what happens the rest of the story but I'd be ecstatic to see just this happen.

That is all

16. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    We need a racing mode where each class's ability can be used as a shortcut, i.e. Healbeam used to charge a door, Whirlwind winding up a gear to move a platform, or the Flak Shield being used as a key for a door.

17. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

I SO want to know what Cybertronian construction equipment is/ looks like!

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Story wise, I'd like to have a Cybertron trilogy. So I'd like the next game to be mostly about those left on Cybertron such as Shockwave and his Insecticons and Alpha Trion and the Wreckers. Nearing the end of the game, they'll find a way to contact the Ark and Nemesis so we can find out what happened after FOC's cliffhanger and then get a few levels on the Ark and Nemesis set before they find a Cybertronian colony.

For Gameplay. I like that characters have their abilities based on their personality and then get their levels based around that, however that does lose some replay value and Co Op. I'd like it if each level had two characters similar to the one the level is based around that you unlock after completing each level.

There are several things I'd do in Multiplayer. There won't be mandatory abilities and Dash will be exclusive to Infiltrator. Stun and Flak Grenades will no longer be abilities and instead can be picked up around the map by any class. I'd add a mode that's like Team Deathmatch but adds some elements from Conquest to it. There would be one or two command centers that could be captured. Inside there wold be a computer that allows Commanders/trucks to call in an air strike every now and then. There would also be strategically important areas in which teams should try to lock down. Also, there would be Construction vehicle modes in preexisting classes that if picked, one of you will get a mandatory ability based on healing and you will also be able to program and repair turrets around the map.

Now for classes.
    Infiltrator/car: Abilities would be Cloak, Dash and Grapple. It's construction vehicle would be a dump truck with a Heal Grenade ability.

Commander/truck: Based on helping the team. Abilities would be War Cry, Ammo Beacon and Barrier. Construction Vehicle would be a front end loader that transforms into a bulldozer when ramming and has a Healing Sentry ability.

Hunter/jet: Based on aerial combat instead of healing as that's exclusive to the Constructicon skins. They can no longer hover in alt form. Abilities would be Hover Slam, Barrage and Mark Target. They would not have a Construction vehicle however there would be Helicopters that could hover in alt form and not have a mandatory ability.

Soldier/tank: Abilities would be Whirlwind, Rocket Hover and Cannon Mode. Construction vehicle would be a cement mixer that would fire toxins and have a Heal Beam ability.

19. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Wait, what? What's this "Constructicon skin" you're talking about??

20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Are people aware that we haven't had a proper Earth-based Transformers game in 8 years?

Gameplay wise I'd like to see HMS impletment Earth building better, for cover etc. Oh and add destructable buildings. This isn't Cybertron.