What do you want in a third party Piranacon?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ORIO, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the fuss over the sixth member of Uranos, I began thinking about what a 3rd party Piranacon would be like.

Would you like it to be slavish to G1 with the sixth member that turns into a target master? Or would it be interesting to see a new take where the sixth member becomes a torso instead?

I think I'd personally prefer the latter. Mostly because I'd worry about the weight of having one figure hold the other in combined mode.

This could also be a really cool way to include six members in a God Neptune repaint.

Thoughts?

2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Gotta be a targetmaster---it wasn't just one limb that had a gun mode, all 5 did, so it's a huge part of the team.

Also, my main request---highly articulated lobster-legs on Nautilator, so they can be folded out of the way. He just doesn't work well as a gun or arm because of them, they really get in the way. (canonically, he should mainly be a gun or arm, leg is the last choice for him---but it's about the only practical option)

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd be really interested to see if they can pull off the flexibility of the original. Each limb could transform into the gun and I thought that was genius.

If they can't pull it off convincingly then I'd prefer just making the 6th guy a gun option and not all six.

4. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd want more creature-accurate alt modes, meaning no sharks and fishes with extra arms and legs, no walking manta rays and squids!

5. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not if it gets in the way of others in development

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't agree there. "land sharks" and the like were crazy awesome. (or just awesome in their craziness)

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Street Shark Transformers or GTFO

Seriously though, I never thought about the Seacons in a third party sense. I think they would translate very well into third party designs and they would be pretty open to interpretation on design choices. These guys or the Terrorcons I would love to see FP or MT do.

8. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

In all honesty I'd rather have Monstructor before this. The idea of third-party pretenders seems really cool, and some potential to play with newer ideas.

9. Peter Bazooka

Peter Bazooka Monsterbot

This is all I want out of a third party Piranacon. God Neptune's color scheme is the best.

10. C16

C16 Space Nomad

If these third party guys are going to be making toys based on characters and ideas that we want, then they'd better do then right instead of changing things if they want our money, which is typically alot.

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reasonable prices.

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Sorry, for me it's G1 or GTFO. I owned pants the very same shade of bright teal. :)  (hey, it was the late 80's, everyone did)

I'd be fine with this---just so long as SOMEONE can become the gun. A "dedicated" gun would be fine--especially since Overbite is the best gun by far, and he has the unique color scheme among all of them---he really should be the de facto gun. If eliminating his leg/arm mode helps him be a better gun, then by all means do it.

13. Avengers

Avengers Banned

after the toys are created and released. Do a repaint a few months later. with Beastwars and Rid inspired characters. Love to see Skybyte as the shark.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought about that. Making each member a quad-changer essentially could be difficult and expensive to make. That's why I thought making the sixth guy a torso could be interesting.

Didn't think about that. I agree!

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I'd want a 3rd party Piranacon to be instantly recognizable, so no new members or total overhauls for me. Alt modes and colours don't need to be slavishly replicated, but I'd like the general appearance of the combined mode to be very similar to the original.
    Tentakils alt mode always looked silly to me, and could do with an update. :thumb 

I think I would accept more liberties with Piranacon than with other gestalts.
    I really couldn't care less about the individual gun modes for the limbs though.

16. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

-six targetmaster members
    -more articulation/detail on the single members
    -better proportion/articulation on the gestalt form
    -bigger/higher footplates..I hate all the flat combiner footplates
    -hughe chromed sword
    -scramble power
    -retrostyle giftsetbox

->:p 

17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Totally agree with ya there!

Honestly I don't think making them all targetmasters would work, I'd be happy with just one. or none. Better alt modes would be my priority!

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    In a potential 3P Pirahnacon I'd like all limbs to be targetmasters with believable gun modes and have good alt mode limb articulation.

19. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Same for me. I'd like to see a Monstructor gestalt done in the style of TFC's PCC WWII combiner, although the fact there are six members could be an issue. However, Monstructor's toy was tiny, so it's relatively small size wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd also ditch the pretenders gimmicks, I'd settle for a bot mode influenced by the outer shells' aesthetics, à la Generations Skullgrin.

20. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I'd prefer God Neptune, if only because Scylla makes me laugh

Monstructor would be the better choice, but I could skip the pretender shells. Do it up like IDW Monstructor instead