What do YOU want from Transformers: Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, May 31, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I think this is fine for an action based video game, but for a long running show it would get boring fast.

Besides, Transformers were created to be in earth modes, in hiding. Anything involving Cybertron modes and the history pre-earth was added after the fact. I feel that they work best as a concept focusing on this, at least to start. Space-faring sub groups are fine, but to me, at least, Earth should always be a focus, for energy reasons if anything.

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I want a series as impacting as G1, as well written as Beast Wars, as fun as RiD, and with all the love and care that Animated was made with. The perfect show.

3. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And even if such a show comes out, we'll still have fans decrying it as the cancer that's killing Transformers.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I personally think we have nothing to worry about with TF: P. It seems to be an amalgamation of G1, WFC and Animated.

The greatest factor in putting my mind at ease is the recent history of TF. The franchise has been around so long that the original children viewers are now all grown up and working.

Animated and the new WFC game were created by fans with fans in mind, as well as bringing in new fans. In my world Animated was a HUGE success, I have a feeling WFC will be too. Going with this new track record I believe TF: P will make it 3 for 3.

I hope Botcon reveals a ton of info on this show. If this is an October release then Hasbro should have most of the work done already (show and toys)

Thanx
    Transbot90210

5. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

You've got to remember, fans working in the industry are no guarantee of success. After all, look at DC and Marvel.

As for the original topic, I don't want stuff like Beast Wars or Animated. To me, those two series wasted several important plotlines, suffered from executive meddling on Hasbro's part, and just overall weren't as good as they could have been. That and their Optimuses aren't as practical as I'd like (they don't actually try to destroy the Decepticons).

Edit: I should have added that they are the two best examples of Transformers television shows in existence. It's only right to give credit where credit is due.

6. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Is there a website for this show yet?

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

toys that are on the level of BW, Classics, Animated, some G1 asthetics in character designs, main characters we care about (Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Starscream, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, etc) and some awesome recurring characters (Lockdown, Shockwave, maybe Lugnut can be imported over)

8. Rattrap Primal

I figure since it's CGI the main show cast will be maybe 5 to 6 each side, though the toyline might have characters who aren't in the show (like the movies and BW/ BM

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, especially on the toy front.

That would be awesome as well.

Everything above aside...no irritating human characters would be nice, or at least now irritating human allies of the Autobots. The only hard part about watching the G1 cartoons again is watching Spike over and over. If humans will be involved, make them useful.

10. Rattrap Primal

would the character designs use a little of the Dreamworks designs or will they be closer to the G1 look?

Would there be any chance of having all 6 Seekers as the show progresses (start with Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker then add Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet in later episodes)

Would the Dinobots appear?

Will Shockwave be a jet, tank, or some sort of gun platform?

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want lots and lots of live action movie influences, both design wise and idea/storyline wise.
    :) 

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    This, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this!!

I want all the positive things from the best of TF rolled into one. Probably too much to ask for, but still!

Also, about the HUB, can I access it with basic cable?

13. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want characters such as Sari, Nightbird, Omega Supreme and Dinobot to be in there. I like these characters and I hope that some of them get some time to shine. I haven't seen Nightbird in the series since G1. She was in a comic, but nothing else. I like Sari, and the concept of a Cybertronian who thought she was human is interesting. Also the idea of a Cybertronian finding out about her origins. Add more characters from different universes. Add Lockdown and Bulkhead from animated, add Sky-byte from RID, Dinobot from Beastwars etc.

Have the Decepticons win from time to time. Also, they should add some grey area in the story. Make the Decepticons interesting, powerful and deadly. Don't make them punching bags.

I'd like some Cyberpunk elements in the series as well as other elements from different sci fi genre. It should give ideas that gets us thinking.

The animation should also have more shadows and textures. The animated Japanese opening had better animation than the story itself. So hopefully, Prime has much better animation.

Storywise, I hope they aim to surpass even animated. Animated had really, really great stories, so its a toll order, but I think the creators should try to make it better than the previous ones since they should have learned from how the earlier ones were made.

And I hope there are great action scenes as well. And hopefully, there should be some battle damage. They're shooting laser beams at each other, they should at least get hurt and damaged from that. Have an arm or leg come off. Have something get blown off.

14. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I want city bots, large, imposing, asskicking, complicated, detailed citybots. With lots of gimmicks and accessories.
    A well written script would be nice too.

15. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if they go with a more kid approach or mature show. My $$ is on a more kid oriented show as it makes more sense.

16. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Mindless drones.

17. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

I want something mature and intelligent (RIP Dinobot), and I want something that challenges our thinking (Thanks Animated for building yourself up then getting cancelled :p ). And I want the Decepticon and Autobot Civil War to be handled with grace! Animated, Cybertron, Beast Era, I love you but these weren't the wars I wanted (thankfully Cybertron is going to deliver) And I don't mean something bloody and intense. Animated backed itself into a corner by making the Decepticons TOO Powerful so the had to rely on a corrupt Autobot authority to generate conflict. Beast Era merely five by five. I want a cast with lots of characters just looking cool, grabbing the spot lot, ect. Something Naruto does with its main characters tolerable but supporting cast shining. Hey the cooler the characters the more likely I'm gonna buy their toys.

As for Cybertron Decepticons? They ain't no faction them just gangster wannabes. The only thing that saved them was David Kaye's voice, ohh Megs was so HAMMY.

ABOVE ALL ELSE I want something that explores the Transformers mythos. I adored Beast Machines' ambitions for trying turn things upside down for us (tragically they were upstaging crap that wasn't TRANSLORE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Why did they have to listen when told "ignore continuity?" Why?) I could surrounder amounts of character development and plot if we got a fully realized Cybertronian culture and world-building.

Yeah, WFC can't get here any sooner. I just like TV shows better than video games.

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No fun. The last thing TFs needs more is Transformers with the lack of personalities. The movies are enough.

19. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to expect a lot from every new TF cartoon, until I saw Car Robots and realized that a TF cartoon will always be a 22 minute long TV commercial.

20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:

Not usually, in my area you need to have Expanded basic to get the current Kids Disc. channel which IIRC will become HUB.

As for me, I'm content if it's true that Cullen will voice PRIME :D 

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010