What do YOU want from Transformers: Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, May 31, 2010.

1. hound88

hound88 Well-Known Member

I want something like G1, decent, good old American style cartoon. Not anime, not like TF animated which looked goofy.

2. Brutimus Prime

Brutimus Prime Icepick Enthusiast

Could you please elaborate? I think I know what you mean by "good old American style cartoon", but I'm not sure. The american animation style of the 80's was pretty distinct, but that style died out around the early 90's. Nowadays, we mostly get CG shows... or horrible, nicktoon style, flash-animated garbage. Then again, I'm not an american, so I don't stay 100% up to date with your animated shows.

3. Pct1theory

Pct1theory Human Alliance

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GM Product Placement.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    ^^^

This deserves a LOL.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

5. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I want well written human characters in TF: Prime.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I want Transformers and Prime...Going by the title of the show I am confident I will get both.

But serious all I want is writing on par with BW and TF:A and CGI animation that is at the level of Clone Wars if not better.

7. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Character development and plot, as many others here have said. That's what made Beast Wars and Animated enjoyable as a series.

It would also be nice if the CGI actually looks good. Faces that emote (no dull surprise, please), dynamic character models, textures, and environments that don't look flat and boring.

And hopefully the toys are interesting. If they're based off the Movie-verse, hopefully they'll add a little something to make them different enough.

8. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I just want a well written show with good characters.

Beyond that, more fan winking elements would be Optimus being the older, experienced leader, the Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave dynamic, and the Autobots being the underdogs.

9. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    i wish Transformers: Prime would go the Transformers: Animated route and not further elaborate on their origins story, unless a really great origins story can be told that's not dopey and silly and that not only Transformers fans would appreciate, but sci-fi fans would really dig in general. otherwise, make the Transformers origins a complete mystery and be subject always to the interpretation of fans, and not further add an unnecessary clutter of McGuffins and other plot devices just for the sake of convenience and which can pretty much be subject to the interpretation of various people.

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Lots of action. Storyline is great and all but it can't be too complex or the main intended audience will get really confused. I'd like to see more of a modern styled G1 but with a continuous story that a kid can follow along with.

Character development is cool and all but I don't want them to spend too much time on it that it takes away from the action. I mean, how many times can we see Bumblebee learn that taking on the Decepticons alone is a bad idea.

They need to return to the basics, Decepticons hatching up scheme to destroy the Earth, Autobots respond, big battle ensues, the end. Throw in a corny joke here and there.

11. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    ^ this too... and great stories for every episode to tell. maintain the characters' original characterizations. and no.... DINOBOTS SHOULD NOT HAVE MONSTER TRUCK OR TANK ALT-MODES... they have dinosaur alt modes, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Pterodactyl, Brontosaurus, and T. Rex.... if you decide to make them transform other than these, then have them be triple or multi-changers but still retain their dinosaur alt-modes. No Arcee combining. No Dinobots combining.

also, please, please.... there has got to be another way to deal with robots that pilot ships complete with ergonomically human-designed seats and steering wheels... Please, please, no Megatron picking up his cell phone from wherever pocket on his body he is picking it from... PLEASE PLEASE, no communications device jutting out of their forearms so they can begin communicating.... no communications device opening up from Megatron's torso so he could begin communicating... The Transformers Are Living, Walking, Moving Computers Already For Crying Out Loud!!!

also, no more Transformers being built on Earth. the Dinobots built on Earth using Earth indigenous materials? the Stunticons, Combaticons, Aerialbots... all built on Earth using Earth materials???.... that was good then, but it just really looks so silly now. but i would be open to the idea of Transformers being created on Earth, but only if it involves the Allspark, but then they would essentially be second-class Cybertronians since they were not from Cybertron so Transformers that were created on Earth would have to be weaker.

most of the Transformers should be able to blink (with probably the exception of Shockwave and others with similar optical patterns). their ability to blink just represents them being able to clean and clear out their optics/eyes which should be a natural reaction to them in a similar fashion that humans blink so we can moisten our eyes and avoid harm and irritation to our eyes.

also, not all of them can fly. if Megatron can fly, then he should be a flier that can transform into a jet like Starscream or a flying weapons platform like Shockwave (like in War for Cybertron). if he should be transformed into a pistol, then that pistol alt-mode can only be handled by a Gestalt. no mass shifting, unless we're talking about the Allspark.

i would also like an authentic war feel to the Great Cybertronian War.

do all this, and i'll be one happy camper.

12. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

Space Opera.

The return of the Headmaster/Powermaster concept, but not Targetmasters as that always seemed silly to me.

The Autobots fighting for survival against a bigger and more brutal Decepticon army, similar to the old Battletech series.

Character development and show that it's a true galactic war. The same Transformers don't need to be featured every episode, but one group can reference what is going on with another group, similar to the IDW -ion series.

Optimus and Megatron should be used sparingly. They're the supreme commanders of their respective forces, not common soldiers. If anything they should maybe only fight once, at the end of the season.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Targetmasters are silly to you, yet Headmasters aren't?

14. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

A Headmaster and Powermaster are more symbiotic than Targetmasters.

The Headmasters take control and help enhance their partner. Powermasters provide extra power, but it's hard to see how a person changing into a gun, with no direct control over the robot can really make them better.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I never liked the US Headmaster explaination (or the powermaster one either, humans produce such little power compared to a TF needs it would be laughable) and always vastly prefered the Japanese Headmasters explaination.

16. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just a show that Hasbro properly get behind and make people take notice of - something they believe in. Animated really seemd to limp out there, almost apologetically when it was the best TF show we'd had since Beast Wars.

Other than that, good solid writng, character development - a larger cast would be nice, but that might mean those two key things suffer. I'm also up for some new spins on things. I'm not a fan of G1 reheats a la Dreamwave. Transformers has always been at its best when taking things into a new direction. References to whats gone before are fine, though. The nods and winks in both BW and Animated really enriched those shows.

17. zam!zow!

zam!zow! Well-Known Member

I want it just to all take place on cybertron. No movie style bots. No humans. Just civil war.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Napolean was more than a Supreme Commander he was an Emporer and he was on the front lines of his battles.

I am not a fan of your idea with Prime and Megatron.

What I do like is your multiple fronts idea. It will allow to build up new character without having to worry about addressing already established characters from another group. This option leaves the door open to keeping the story more fresh for a longer period of time.

19. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

New characters. I'm kinda sick to death of OP, megatron, BB, starscream, etc. etc. etc. All my favorites from animated are the new guys; Lugnut, lockdown, slipstream, bulkhead, sentinel prime, prowl (I know the name's been around forever, but from my perspective, ani prowl is basically an all new char.) etc. More than anything, I want to see transformers do something new and different.

Oh, and Fembots. Lots of fembots.

20. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

A engaging story and epic giant robot battles! Good looking toys as the norm not the exception.