What do you want, and who do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, there has been alot of fan speculation around the next Classics line, or generations line.

So, now that we pretty much have a complete G1 cast.

Do you think they will tackle the insecticons? Official Insects would be cool.

Or perhaps have non-transforming combiners? That could be cool.

or Perhaps, do you think Hasbro is going to slow down on the production rate of how many figures they crank out? Like, do you think that. Because the movies are over, they are going to slow down what they create so that stores don't get angry at the shelf warmers?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really want a deluxe Trailcutter (TRAILBREAKER). I'm still pining for a set of deluxe "Minibots" as well.

I think we'll still get a few gems from Hasbro, and a few redecos that are really inspired, especially if Black Shadow and Scrapheap are any indication.

The real focus will be TF: Prime toys and movie toys. That suits me fine, especially if that's what "pays the bills" so to speak in order to budget further Generations toys :) 

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trailbreaker, Hoist, Gears, Swerve, Outback, Pipes, Huffer, Shockwave, Soundwave, Sandstorm, Broadside, Blitzwing, Sixshot, Overlord, Starsaber, Victory Leo, Combiners. the list goes on, there are way to many characters that need an update to complete the g1 cast.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This, as long as TFP isn't cancelled because of movie-verse and continues to it's end, I'm A-OK. Here's something that would make me very gleeful: CLASSICS SHOCKWAVE, CLASSICS SHOCKWAVE, CLASSICS SHOCKWAVE! I don't care if it's a redeco of Energon Shockblast and is named Shockblast, as long as it's fairly G1 accurate I'm a happy joe!

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

There is a strong sense of pessimsm within me with regard to the potential new characters in the next classics-style line. That said, Hasbro have pleasantly surprised me more than once in the past. I mean, just look at the recent Generations and RTS figures with Jazz, Tracks, Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Kup, Blurr, Warpath, perceptor, Wreck Gar etc. If you had told any of us on these boards - even the most optimistic - that this would be the case, we likely would not have believed it.

So who knows what will come our way once the next line gets underway in 2012? I think we can safely say what we won't get, and that is groups of characters all sharing a similar alt mode and/or deco, such as the Dinobots, Insecticons and Constructicons for example. Which is ok by me as for the latter two, 3rd parties are sorting me out. I doubt Hasbro would want to put toys out on the shelves, wave after wave, that all look the same to the uneducated parent representing the main bulk of their customer base. Of course, the only exception to this is movie Bumblebee, although the classics mold has been reissued ( to an extent) in RTS that was a very long time after his original release and with a different enough deco to distinguish him.

In the first few waves at least, there shouldn't be too many repaints, although there may be the odd one or two dotted about, like some of the alternate headscuplts we got to see in the instructions for Kup and Scourge for example.

There may also be some new G1 characters in the DotM follow-up line, improving our odds of getting more characters than maybe just Generations 2.0 (or whatever it will be called can give us by itself).

So really, I'm just waiting again to be surprised. Hopefully I will be, but the ball really is in Hasbro's court to step up and knock it out of the park once again. There are so many characters still waiting to be covered, so there is plenty of scope to do something good.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As long as they sprinkle in a few "oddball" figures like Skullgrin, they should have enough G1 to keep it going for a while. There are still a fair amount of standard G1 figures that havent seen release. Also, as much as I like Voyager Prime, I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do a retry on the character eventually. I actually think as Classics has evolved, they have gone closer to G1 than the original few Autobot releases were, and Prime could do well with an update IMO.

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I'm going to avoid the usual "give us shockwave/blitzwing/gears/anyone else that is practically assured to happen one day" as well as the usual "Redo Grimlock/Galvatron/someone else I don't like that's already been released" and say..

I'd really like to see a Voyager or larger Ginrai. I'd like to see some headmasters that are headmasters. I'd like to see a Cyberverse Metroplex. I would actully buy a slightly recolored scourge a couple of times as "sweeps" and dump my Scourge Trio. I'd buy a different junkion every single wave if they'd give it to me. I wouldn't turn down Junkions that weren't just a straight Wreck-Gar repaint, either.

Nova Prime and Jhiaxus.

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Personally, I've been wanting an actual classics style bludgeon, and not movie-verse. D=

9. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    The Hasbro Botcon panel actually said that ROTF Bludgeon was designed with the 'Classics' aesthetic in mind. The figure was initially intended to be released under the 'Universe 2.0' label, but they felt they already had too many tank molds for that line. So, they ended up releasing the design under the ROTF line.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may have been designed with a classics aesthetic in mind, but it didn't turn out to be a truly classics toy at all. It's a weird hybrid like Seaspray.

I'm with him: I'd like ACTUAL classics versions of these toys as well.

11. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    +1

It would be interesting to see modern takes on Headmasters. Or Powermasters, for that matter.

Bring the oddball -- it keeps the hobby colorful and lovely. Fulfilling the '84 lineup sometimes (only sometimes) seems like drudgery.

As for Seaspray or Bludgeon or Lockdown, I doubt these will receive any re-visitation soon. The line is too small for that.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -Deluxe/Scout Brawn mold retooled into Outback and Gears
    -Deluxe Trailbreaker mold retooled into Hoist
    -Deluxe or Voyager Shockwave

With those I think I'll complete my season 1 Autobot and Decepticon cast.

EDIT: oh wait. I forgot about goddamn Dinobots.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I'm in the same boat as Billzilla and barrelks here. I'd like to see a few lesser-known/oddball/first-time characters in Generations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for updates of old classics, like Blitzwing, Huffer, Brawn, etc. But I would love to see new toys of some Japanese characters (the Breastforce team, for instance, especially if they do Deathcobra), obscure Pretenders and Action Masters (bring on Jackpot and Octopunch!), and either new characters (IDW's Wing, Springarm, Wheelarch, Cybertron Signal Lancer, and maybe some kind of transforming Nightbird?) or new interpretations of characters (IDW's stealth jet Megatron).

Part of what's great about Generations is in the name - it covers generations, not just the one we all know from the 80s. Any new product is fine by me, but if I saw them actually holding true to the name, I'd be pleased beyond belief.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Dinobots.
    Although I'd be fine with getting the FOC Dinobots instead of straight-up Classic versions.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Constructicons.......

16. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I want
    Blitzwing
    Shockwave
    Trailbreaker
    Grimlock (FOC)
    Swoop (FOC)
    Slag (FOC)
    Sludge (FOC)
    Snarl (FOC)
    Huffer
    Brawn
    Gears
    Jiaxhus
    Springer
    Broadside
    Topspin
    Twintwist
    A better Galvatron

17. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Want
    Ultra: Ultra Magnus
    Voyager: Dinobots
    Deluxe: Insecticons, Trailbreaker, Springer, Arcee, Blitzwing,
    Scout: Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Frenzy, Rumble, Ratbat

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Fortress Maximus (it could be Supreme class, and without one of the smaller heads)
    IDW Megatron redesign

19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Bludgeon and Seaspray get do-overs, I'd be fine with them as deluxes. Bludgeon could use a few fixes, like sturdier swords, better hands and feet, and without the rot-prone rubber tread parts.

Anyhow, it is the normal list of wants:

Deluxe: Trailbreaker & Hoist, Blitzwing, G2-accurate Megatron (they can do a lot better than the Classics 2-pack version, and it has plenty of alternate paint schemes: green/purple, "G1" colors, purple/black, green/black brown "jungle" colors...)

Voyagers: Shockwave as an Apache-style attack helicopter (since a laser gun is probably out, he could use an "earth" mode and he doesn't need to be a tank or jet). Roadbuster with a vehicle mode inspired by a G.I. Joe jeep/hummer.

Ultra: Sky-Linx: two deluxe-size components, probably needs this scale to combine properly (unless maybe they were released separately as deluxes?). Galvatron, as he should have been in 2008, should be far less floppy than the deluxe (he probably could've gone under the Voyager scale, but if the Cons need an Ultra figure...)

What wouldn't surprise me: new "realistic Earth mode" versions of Rodimus and Cyclonus. These two have enough name-recognition to possibly get new molds.

+-MWG-+

20. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to double agree on what you're saying and quoting.

I'd definitely love any of the primary characters to be filled out. The unexpected stuff out of left field is what gets me geeking out, though. Darkmount is a delight to me since he's so obscure that I'd never even heard of him. Who'd have expected that Thunderwing would show up with such a character specific mold? If you told me that guy was on the way, I'd have been sure it was going to be a Thunderwing head and color scheme on some random jet.

I'd love Headmasters and Powermasters! I love getting an extra little figure, especially without a bunch of minicon ports. A couple of the PCC basics have some really nice Targetmaster type guys that make me wish Cyclonus wasn't the only Classics figure to get one. If they want to repaint the PCC minicons to pack with TM Classics, that's cool with me.

I think a very cost effective way to release the Insecticons would be to do the old head swap/repaint and also release the 3 Deluxe Insecticons that had comparable bug modes.