What do you think would happen if the movies were never made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Sep 20, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've been thinking. The movies while not being popular with a lot of people has without a doubt influenced a lot for the Brand in more ways then one. So what would happen if they were never made at all? Will it be better off? In worse shape or just the same?

What do you think?

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    The Geewunners would start bitching about TFP raping thier childhood.

3. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Idk really. Was TF: Animated influenced by the 2007 film or was that show already in progress before then?

4. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the brand wouldn't have been as publicly refreshed, animated may never have happened... honestly the consequences are too many to count.

5. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldnt be on this website today probably at all, along with many others who use this website. I kind think that this website also wouldnt be hear probably.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Starscream would never have to endure the shame of looking like a Dorito, or being brought low by Kid Whiny.

7. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

It started being produced before the movie. The movie inflenced Animated in the sense that it was canceled because it was sidelined by the movie and movie toys. So I guess if the movies didn't exist we would have Animated going for one more season.

On the other hand, the movies, although not the best TF has to offer, imo, brought the franchise to the spotline again, so I guess that's good

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    We'd probably be still arguing about how good/bad TF:Animated was.

Honestly, the brand might not be doing as WELL as it is now, but it'd still be going, possibly with a more coherent focus, rather than the scattergun approach it takes nowadays.

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:

care to explain? and for that matter, learn to spell?

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Alternators,Titanium 6 inch & Classics 1.0 would have never got cancelled so that the focus could be on the 2007 TF Movie.

Animated would have received a 4th cartoon series & accompying toy line. ROTF was the reason Animated got cancelled.

animated & Classics 2.0 would of had more bigger sized TF toys. the ROTF toy line hasbro said needed to take away the bigger toys from animated & classics 2.0.

we wouldn't have a bumblebee in the PRID cartoon that is mute. this idea came from the movie verse.

11. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    TF: Animated was still running with new episodes months after ROTF was released. Then production on DOTM was starting to go under way around the time Animated was taken off the air.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Ahahah, yeah, this website sure didn't exist for years before the movies came out, and it sure was at the risk of collapsing into nothingness before all that movie stuff started happening.

No, he's basically right. ROTF was explicitly stated to be "the focus" of the brand when it came out, and... well, that didn't bode well for Animated in terms of the resources invested into it's toyline and show. While those last new episodes were on, it was suspected, and later known for sure that a new season wouldn't be made.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't recall those lines being cancleed for the films at all.

Actually wasn't it also Cartoon Network being jerks about putting Animated in a bad timeslot too?

The toylines ahd toys that were just as small as today's toys are so it's not really fair to say that having smaller toys is a new thing.

But then we also wouldn't have an Optimus and Megatron that look anything like their film counterparts either.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  15. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Classics wouldnt exist, I wouldnt be the huge nerd I am today...

16. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Hasbro's plan was to pause the animated cartoon for a year on the CN network after season 3 ended. then un-pause the animated cartoon & do season 4 after the current TF movie year was over. CN didn't like this idea,so they cancelled the show.

The animated season 4 plots,characters & toys were planned. their was some plot info & early designs.

Hasbro said at a botcon convention. they were going to do a animated supreme sized omega supreme but decided against it because the movie toys needed the supreme sized toys to be created as more of a top priority.

Hasbro mentioned at several botcon conventions. that ever time a TF movie line came out that year. the classics 1.0 & 2.0 lines would get cancelled or paused that movie year.

Hasbro cancelled alternators & titanium because they wanted the 2007 year to be dominated by the 2007 TF movie toys. Titanium 6 inch had a few cancelled test shot pics that were seen on-line. Alternators was supose to get a bigger Cadillac Escalade megatron toy. Their were early talks of some older Alternators toys getting recolored into beastwars character deco's maybe with newer head sculpts. Their was official disccusion about some newer ideas for some titanium 6 inch toys like some hearts of steel toys,G-1 Galvatron toy & others.

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i would not be here

18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i totally remember all that happening...

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    actually if there was no movies, there would no classics, cause classics was made cause they needed a new toyline because bay delayed the movie from holidays 2006 to Summer 2007. so classic was made cause of the movies

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    They could just have made Classics 1.0 anyways without a movie...the new toyline would still have been needed.