What do you think will be the most popular tf toy line this summer?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundatron, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

My honest opinion - Robot Heroes. Initially a line for the toddlers, similiar to that of Star Wars Galactic Heroes and Marvel Heroes. They have given us G1 already and plan to do so as well with the movie characters. They are simple, affordable and well...kinda cute lol. The fact they make different generation based ones will help. Kids new to TF may collect a few G1 Robot Heroes then start turning their heads to any left over classics figures who are the latest thing on the market that resemble G1 characters. The same goes for the movie toys. Buy the Robot Heroes, the kid in intrigued now they want the voyagers, cyber slammers, fast action battlers etc. Not only that but even collectors seem to be digging these little guys.

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    After having seen the movie, I have a feeling it's going to be the movie toys.

3. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

This summer? Gotta go with the movie toys.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

FAB's and the big guys like Prime and Ironhide. Hope heroes do well so they can make more!

Would also like to see Authentic Robot line do well too. Maybe they'll work backwards and we can get some other neat characters from other series!

5. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

robot heroes

6. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Robot Heroes may be currently popular with TF collectors because they are giving us cutesy versions of G1 characters, But I don't think the line will move ahead that well until the movie Robot Heroes come out. Furthermore I'm sure the general public, after watching the movie, wouldn't be as interested in non-transformable cute renditions of the badass war robots they just saw on the big screen. They'd want one that would actually transform and is a real action figure. The main movie line (Nice and complex designs) or the Fast Action Battlers (simpler, lower price point, good for kids) are more likely to succeed this season.

7. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

you do have a good point. I still see hope for Robot Heroes, unlike what happend to Alternators and Titaniums.

8. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Don't worry, I think robot heroes will at least be a mild success, at least more so than the titaniums. The Robot Heroes have a novelty factor (the cutesy image) that makes them more interesting than the 3 inch titaniums and will help make the Robot Heroes appeal to a few casual fans. The 6 inch Titaniums on the other hand suffered from being focused on characters that only fans who know Transformers fiction well will want.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF movie toys for me! Simply because of the movie...

10. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Easily the movie toys. I can't logically see how the Robot Heroes will be.

Don't get me wrong, I love them and all - but little Johnny has no clue who our beloved G1 versions are (and they don't Transform). He does know Optimus Prime from the movie and from the constant TV advertisements.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much Movie toys without much question. I think Robot Heroes has the potential to be a nice long-running sideline though, similar to the Star Wars and Marvel versions of the same. They're cute, collectible, inexpensive, conceivably appealing to both kids and collectors, and have decades worth of characters to draw from.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either the main movie toys or the FABs, whichever one most of the kids latch on to.

And it's pretty much a given that Bumblebee will be the highest selling character.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Movie toys. I already got Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Arcee, Barricade, Blackout. And I'm not going to stop until I get every last of 'em.

14. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Movie toys.