what do you think this is worth?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by whoamidri, Nov 8, 2011.

1. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

2. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

no one has a guess?

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Rare or not, it's not worth that much money. Except that the seller is located in the US, I'd guess the seller meant 2,800 Yen, not USD.

4. Buster D

Buster D Active Member

I've seen them go on Yahoo Japan for like 1000-2000 yen, and the Pioneer one usually goes for less (it only has mono audio though). I don't believe the seller's claim that one sold on eBay for $2153.00, either. One ended in August with 0 bids with a $1111 minimum bid: Transformers: The Movie Laserdisc (Japanese Hillcrane) | eBay

If it's the same guy that was trying to sell it on the Allspark last year, it would seem he keeps raising the price of the one "the last time i saw one of these sell on ebay":
    FS: UBER RARE! Transformers: The Movie HillCrane Japanese Laserdisc, Mint Sealed!, last one left on the planet! - The Allspark Forums (edit: yeah, it's the same guy since the pictures are the same)

The audio is pretty good like he says though, although it's probably copied from the optical tracks from a film print and not the original audio masters like the Sony DVD, which has a much better dynamic range last time I checked, even though it's heavily compressed Dolby Digital at 192kbps.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it