What Do You Think Their Alt Mode Was?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Aug 9, 2015.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    With what seems to be Duocons as Duo-Conbiners in the upcoming POTP Legends line...I wonder if they'd go further an introduce Shock’n'Ore to the world of plastic...???...

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont mind the duocons being two smaller robots however it looks like it wont be staying true to the vehicle forms of the g1 toy, both look to be cars and not a helicopter, which makes it a easy pass for me. if they are going to make it two smaller robots then I need the rest of him to be g1 accurate helicopter and jeep thing with the same combined robot look

• Like Like x 1
  3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Greenlight probably was a car.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hope we get her and Lancer too since we are getting Moonracer and Firestar

• Like Like x 1
  5. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Firestar was a truck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, but id take her as a car if I have too. I am hoping for a remold though

• Like Like x 1
  7. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    If the Elita-1 team is in fact all femmes...and...a nod to her G1 squad...I don't see why they don't give Firestar her Cybertronian Flatbed...and...Moonracer the Cybertronian Cruiser...since we've seen enough to know what their alts are...then give Greenlight & Lancer redecoes...and...slight retools of them...makes me think they'll be tossing Chromia in...with her Cybertronian Mini-Van...leaving Lancer or Greenlight as her retool...and...the other as a Legends class at the least...I'd have took a Firestar from TR Kup...would've been closer to her look...but..who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  8. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking a war beetle. They have lance like protusions and her armor skirts could form the carapace. Going more in line with a cavalry unit, an armored warhorse. Given her G1 roots i'd think either an armored transport or Cybertronian motorcycle or other single passenger transport with sidecar cannon.

As a bit of a departure, armored centaur mode.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I've always wandered what Alpha Trion would transform into. Someone made a drawing of an Animated Alpha Trion with a vehicle mode. Not exactly ideal but he is loosely based on the G1 design so I think it could work for G1 as well with some proportional changes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3)Motorcycle with gliders.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Alpha Trion in the G1 toon, is a first Generation cybertronian, ergo lacks transformation as it was discovered durring the 2nd (if I remember it correctly) war.

• Like Like x 1
  12. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always considered lancer to be a pickup truck

• Like Like x 1
  13. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    So, similar to Firestar...that was my original thought...Greenlight & Lancer being retools or Moonracer & Firestar...

14. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I don't think discovered is the right word but regardless, there's nothing that would suggest Alpha Trion couldn't have also learned to transform as thoses that did later in Cybertron history

• Like Like x 1
  15. pilot00

Ιnvented then? I guess you are right about 'learning to transform' but since we have no precedence or any notion to the contrary, to me it holds no water that he did.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Altered Prime

Invented is better but I think developed is probably the best word

As for precedence....... what would you look for? The only other Transformer body types that we saw from the early generation where the guardian robots...... and we know at least one of them learned to transform

• Like Like x 1
  17. pilot00

I personally think that Omega supreme was rebuilt entirely, rather than anything else. It would make sense. That or he was an odd case somehow. We havent seen any other guardians transforming (and we know that they were still kicking by the time of Megatron) or displaying any signs of intelligence/personality.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Altered Prime

But we didn't see enough of those Guardians to say whether there was any intelligence or if they could transform at all

And even if he was rebuilt so what again the same could be said for Alpha Trion

• Like Like x 1
  19. pilot00

True, though their very existance and function belies the fact that they didnt have any intelligence. Or to be precice they were not sentient:

Build by the Quints as guardians and shocktroops. The products of the quints at the time had only simulated intelligence and the transformers developed real one. The guardians are seen acting as lapdogs for the Quints during the rebelion. Alpha Trion deactivates them.

Now things get interesting. We have 2 Cybertronic wars before Megatron starts his own. And we know for a fact that the guardians were functional after all these millions of years. It would seem to sugest that Alpha did reprogram them somehow.

The first one starts under Autobot ruleship (peace times and Alpha Trion been the leader and all that). Guardians under Autobot control (or if we accept joined leadership, split in two or neutral).

Second war starts under Decepticon ruleship. Guardians must be in the Decepticon side to have survived thus far (ergo reprogramed again), or deactivated.

Third Cybertonian war starts with Megatron killing Sentinel, Autobot Ruleship. The guardians are guarding the cities and openly attack decepticons. Omegas first appereance.

Thats how I have it in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Altered Prime

That's interesting enough but the true I never really saw Alpha Trion as the leader of all Cybertron even after the first war

I see him as taking a temporary roll until a council was put in place and then him stepping down

• Like Like x 1