What do you think the movie soundtrack will be like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alc_Fluteo, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Alc_Fluteo

Alc_Fluteo The Last Lonely Knight

Hello all! I just figured I'd ask you all what you think the soundtrack to the movie might be like?

Do you think it'll be like most movie soundtracks and have songs that are "from and inspired by" the movie and then two or three orchestral tracks? Or do you think that it'll be a completely orchestral album?

I'm betting my money on the first option. Not that I wouldn't love to have a completely orchestral album...but that most movie soundtracks are like the first choice, where it features a bunch of songs from and inspired by the movie.

I just figured that I'd ask you all what you thought the soundtrack might be like (please let there be NO RAP PLEASE!!!!)

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well, I kind of like the sound of Steve Jablonsky doing any orchestral for the movie, even though It might not happen, bay did let him do the music for The Island, so it would be nice.

Other then that I would like to hear some very heavy metal or deep techno style to appeal for that mechanical feel.

3. Alc_Fluteo

Yeah, I'd like to hear some techno...though I'd also like to see what other artists would think up for songs pertaining to the movie.

(OMG....who do you think will do a remake of the original theme?)

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd personally love to see John Williams do the majority of the music for it, if not all of it.

5. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Snoop dog?? :lol 

Hmm, you raised a pretty good question their, Im not sure if their will be or wont be the original somewhrere in their, of course the orchetral music Ive seen before somtimes tie's in a part of the song and mixes in and out.

6. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Steve Jablonsky do the soundtrack... His 'The Island' soundtrack was phenominal...

But to be honest i really, really, really, really,ETC, want to see John Willaims do the soundtrack. How many of the iconic Theme tunes have be done by him?

7. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    True, some of his work extends to war movies as well so I wouldnt be supprised if he gets picked. However since bay did use jablonsky, Im pretty sure thats going to be his first choice. Plus jablonskys ranges war movies, anime, all kinds of stuff :) 

8. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

I've been really hoping for some kind of modern hard-rock-or-something remake of the original theme...kinda like Aerosmith during the credits of Spidey 1 (PS. still bitter that that never made it to the soundtrack album)

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like a mixture between orchestral and electronic; John Williams meets Jack Dangers (Meat Beat Manifesto) or Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails. ESPECIALLY after hearing NIN's latest album).

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My personal preference would be to have an orchestral "from the movie" album and separate "inspired by/from the movie" album. However, I'd expect it to be structurally like the Cars soundtrack: A longer album, approximately 1/2 "inspired by/from the film" songs by various artists and approximately 1/2 "from the film" orchestral stuff. I just don't think the TF movie is the kind of thing that would justify having two individual soundtrack albums.

Leaving aside the orchestral stuff to deal with other songs... From what I understand, Bumblebee will be playing some music as a way of communicating and I'd be surprised if those songs didn't make it to the soundtrack. Besides that, I really hope there's no techno/electronic stuff; I'd rather not have to listen to the looped bass thumping and 1-2 lines of looped lyrics that seems to qualify as a 'song' in that genre (I'd expect it to be not unlike the "Cybertron" theme). I'd expect a mix of alt rock, metal, maybe a pop song or two and almost certainly a cover of the original theme and "The Touch".

In a perfect world, the album would have Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55" and Metallica's "Fuel", but in a perfect world I'd have a pony and deep-fat fryer large enough to cook it in.

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Draven check this out

A uniting between Williams, and Jablonsky with Benni Bennassi :lol , the most intense techno orchestra ever made in history!!!!!!!!!

12. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

The original theme redone...but by whom...maybe NIN or Korn, or even see if Linkin Park could give it a shot. But for most of the rest of the music in the movie, my votes for John Williams, the man is a pure orchestral genius, and has helped so many movies become even more memorable with his music, I would say it would be good if they went with him.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Add Alan Wilder (Formerly in Depeche Mode, now doing some of the darkest techno I have EVER heard, under the name Recoil) and you're set.

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    ROCK & RAP.... in heavy qauntities....with about 2 original orchestrated pieces.

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

As long as there's lots of cowbells, I'm fine with it... and human beatboxes would be cool, too.

16. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be surprised if that Gnarls Barkley song "Transformer" didn't make it on the soundtrack. It seems lke it would be a song that would play during the credits.

17. Alc_Fluteo

Actually the Aerosmith version of the Spiderman theme song from Spidey 1 is on the soundtrack...

I bought the soundtrack right after the movie premiered (and I watched it in theaters, lol!) and that was the last song on the CD. Perhaps you have a different version of the soundtrack than I do? I'm not sure but I know on my offically bought version (not bootlegged! ^-^) that the Aerosmith version of the theme is the last song on the CD.

And while I love John Williams to death, depending on what kind of feel his music has that he would create for the TF movie would really influence whether I bought or like the soundtrack or not.

Though Linkin Park would be an interesting choice to do the theme I agree that I don't want an entire soundtrack of dance/techno (though I do love me some dance/techno). I want a nice variety like on the Spidey 1 soundtrack or the Daredevil soundtrack.

18. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The soundtrack to The Island in reverse.

19. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm gonna have to double-check when I get home. I have an official store-bought version too, and I thought it wasn't on there for some reason. I even just checked Amazon, and sure enough, it's listed as the last track.

20. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I'm guessing maybe The Strokes since Sam was wearing a Strokes T-shirt in the trailer. I can see the soundtrack being comprised of lots of different kinds of music from indie rock to nu-metal.