What do you think? (spoiler-ish)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ElectricPrada09, May 23, 2011.

?

What will Optimus Prime look like?

1. The way he looks in the comics before Earth. (Cybertronian with some red and blue)

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. The way he looked when he first came to Earth in TF1. (protoform)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. His current Earth/truck form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Something entirely new.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. I have no clue.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    For those of you that may or may not know, the beginning sequence of DOTM is apparently on Cybertron. And on Cybertron we are shown a lot of neat things, one of which is Optimus Prime. What do you guys think he will look like? This is before anything to do with Earth so if he's in his truck mode, that will make zero sense.

Let the speculating commence!

2. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

i doubt he will be in his truck mode or robot form. if he is that would be insane. we'll get to see his cybertron form i hope!

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Like this to a varying degree. Knowing however this is the form they take between alt modes like how hermit crabs have to regularly change shells sometimes. Expect to see this with more optimus prime-y parts like window boobs, the ears and face of optimus. Basically parts on optimus that don't fit on the outside of the truck but stay hidden inside. I really hope we see the other main autobots in that cybertron battle between the autobots and the cons.

4. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    If it's anything like this:

[​IMG]

or this:

[​IMG]

I will be so happy.

5. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

I don't think we're actually gonna see Optimus...

The novel describes the opening sequence much more than it'll be portrayed. Optimus watches as Starscream's squadron shoots down the Ark, Optimus yells at Starscream to fight him, etc.

When the first 15 minutes of DOTM were premiered, the write-ups stated that all we see is a battle taking place in the background of Cybertron, and moments after that we see the Ark shot down and crash on the moon.

6. ElectricPrada09

News Credits:
    Ah, I guess technically you're right.

"Following the title sequence, the camera floats through space until it lands on the planet Cybertron which is littered with giant metal constructs. From afar we witness the great battle-between Autobots and Decepticons as Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) begins his voice-over. Describing the interminable battle on the planet’s surface, an airship flies by which Optimus reveals has cargo that could have saved them."

I just feel like during all that we may see him. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. We know we at least see Autobots and Decepticons fighting. And as someone has said, I hope we see some recognizable charterers in their true Cybertronian form.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

So... it's basically the end of Foundation?

I doubt he'll be shown, but if they did I'd say they'd use his Protoform, maybe altered a bit to make it more recognizable.

8. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Given Bay's propensity of reusing character models instead of building whole new ones (Long Haul is in two places at once during the final battle in ROTF and apparently in the Chicago battle in DOTM as well) I'm erring on the side of "not gonna' happen." I have a feeling that we'll see some recycled character models fighting one another, but Optimus won't be among them.

9. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

do we know what he says?

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    The book excerpt that was released basically reveals that optimus watches the ark trying to elude starscream and the decepticon fighters.

I doubt we're not going to see optimus in this sequence.