What Do You Think of War for Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by transformers863, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transformers863

transformers863 Assassin

(This goes here right???)

So, I got War for Cybertron a few days ago , and I've been playing it non-stop. (The only reason I'm not now is the laptop died) So I've been wondering what other people think of the game. Who are your favorite characters? Did you play as the Autobots or Decpticons first? What chapter was hardest for you?

I'm tired of posting questions. What are your answers?!

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there is a WFC forum in the videogames section, but it's easy to miss!

Megatron is definitely one of my favorite characters, dialogue wise. Design wise: Optimus, Soundwave and Ironhide, I think. I played it in the correct order (Decepticons first, then Autobots).

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really enjoyed the game 9PS3 one more than the Wii or DS ones). I liked the idea that you needed to play both sides to get the complete story.

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I played it through from the start (Decepticon campaign), and without going non-stop, finished the Autobot campaign a short time later.
    Since I'm not an online player (have a PSN account, just don't care about internet 'creds' or whatnot), I don't get as much out of the game as the more hard-core players do.

Escalation online is annoying, unless you're one of the aforementioned hard-core types. Basically, either you know every little button mash by heart or you die repeadedly 1000X over.
    Wow. Fun.

Pros- All in all, it's a well thought out story with awesome settings and intricate designs.
    Cons- Replay value isn't there, unless you're going specifically for trophies.
    I don't like the sandbox feel, but I've been spoiled by the RE and AC games lately.
    Also, the lack of off-line multiplayer is a deal breaker for me. Very disappointed by this.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I love it. I just got Xbox Live Gold again and I've been playing it online quite a bit. It's a really fun game! I can't play Escalation anymore though due to countless map load errors. :( 
    Before the DLC though, I always played as Starscream for Decepticons and Bumblebee for Autobots.

Also, you should check here for more threads. It's a little hard to find since it's buried in the video games section, but here it is. :) 

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I know that you mean. I'm by no means a hard core gamer, but the few times I have played multi-player, I'm either killed right away, or there was nothing for em to do. That and the kids on the mics swearing up a storm ruins it for me too.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was alright. Didn't last more than two days with me, still nothing special and quite bland but it gets points for not being utterly horrible like most licensed games.

Hate 80% of the designs and the fact the multiplayer is only online. Only truly good part for me was voice acting and even then there's some major stinkers (Starscream's VA sounds more like a teenager doing a bad g1 impression)

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I borrowed it just to play for the story. Trypticon is awesome, omega let me down. Starscream totally pwns megatron making me wonder why he even formed an alliance with megs.

I like the fact that air raid was a seeker on his own without the aerialbots making my back of the head feeling that he's a great warrior a bit better.

Warpath was warpath :) 

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.