What do you think of this band?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    www.myspace.com/loveanchaos

They're called 'Love And Chaos'

they need a drummer, I've been looking around for a decent band, not sure about these guys though. Some of their songs sound awfully familiar for some reason, any of you interested in this kidn of music? think they could go anywhere? Apparently they have some manager thing going on, trying to get them signed onto a major label, may or may not happen.

I wouldn't mind playing for them, if it ended up going somewhere, but I really don't wanna waste any more of my time with a band that's just gonna fall apart in a few months, cuz I'm getting really sick of that.

They want me to come audition next week, they gave me 5 songs to learn, which I tackled today and pretty much accomplished in one afternoon. If they want me to record a demo or start playing live in a few weeks I can pull that off no problems, but the biggest thing that kind of bugs me, is a few of their songs, REALLY sound like, I've heard them somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it.

The band I was previous in was called Big City Thieves www.myspace.com/bigcitytheives It was a pretty fun band, I really enjoyed playing that music, even though our singer sucked, and we could never find a lead guitarist to finish the songs. You can hear a few of our demo's on the myspace there, but ya.. the singer sucked, no way he could have ever recorded an album, he can't physically sing the parts properly, and there was no chance of us getting a new singer, he obviously wasn't cool with that, so the band just kinda died a few weeks back, and the songs won't ever go anywhere. sucks, but what can ya do (besides find another band)

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the chick bass player is pretty cute, so that helps as far as image. Musically "Madman's lullaby" sounds pretty good. I would say if the band handed over the lead singing duties to the lady, the band could be more successful. I like her singing voice better than the dude. Plus chick fronted bands seem to be the "in" thing right now.

3. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I think I've heard them before too, when they were called Fuel.

The singer sounds a little whiney, of course that could just be because I enjoy the heavy stuff.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty standard stuff, not a fan of lamer guyliner image they got going on though.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I'd give it a a "meh". The intruments are fine, they have a good sound. But that guys singing completely ruins it. He's terrible.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also liked it enough until I heard the guy's vocals. Not something I'd want to listen to really :( 

7. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

Well I wasnt hating his voice until I heard hers. Now I want him to shut it and lets hear her sing. But to be fair, his voice is intriguing...its diffrent.
    All in all Id say that they dont really have anything that stands out and grabs me, though Im no indication of musical trends. If they could get a signature song that was written for THEM they could probably do something with it.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    They need to learn how to record a song, don't like turning up my volume because they couldn't quite figure out how to equalize shit.

They sound better than I thought they would, but they're still amateur and have no distinct sound for themselves - I could walk in to any rock show in Denver and hear this exact same stuff.

And as I listen more, I hate his voice.

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:

Yeah, a major label would probably do that.. "we'll sign you, but only if SHE'S gonna sing lead vocals"

I don't like his style of singing all that much, and the drums suck, but I would be changing that of course.

I'm gonna get together and jam, see how it goes. All they have recorded are demo's, no albums or anything out yet, so I guess they're still fairly new (I hope) A lot of the crap could be reworked by a professional producer, someone that REALLY knows what their doing.

I think they have potential

oh yeah, and the dude singer looks like Corky Romano

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Meh, the vocals don't gel with the music, and to be honest it sounds a bit generic, almost 'amateurish'. :(