What do you think of the new Generations Toy Line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jazz Meister, May 16, 2010.

1. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

So I just looked at the pics for the first wave of the Generations Toy line.
    I didn't care much for the new character or for Bumblebee molds. Optimu's Robot form looks great I think. And of Course the more G1 Accurate Thrust, finally my chance to get G1 looking Thrust for a decent price.

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I will agree that finally another classic jet will be nice without paying out the wazoo. The new one, Drift I think, I'll nab him just to add a bit of variety to my classics shelf.

WFC figs are pure win as far as I am concerned

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I am optimistic about what the future of this line may bring us. Currently not to impressed. I am taking a wait and see approach on WFC figures although getting a new/updated Soundwave figure is tempting. Thrust and Red Alert don't reach out to me as I own the Heinkei versions of both. Darkmount and the Blurr repaint of Drift are the only announced figure I'm excited about and 100% getting. Probably by Drift as well if I like the mold as much I think I will.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I am optimistic about what the future of this line may bring us. Currently not to impressed. I am taking a wait and see approach on WFC figures although getting a new/updated Soundwave figure is tempting. Thrust and Red Alert don't reach out to me as I own the Heinkei versions of both. Darkmount and the Blurr repaint of Drift are the only announced figure I'm excited about and 100% sure I'm getting. Probably by Drift as well if I like the mold as much I think I will.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think goood things.

To be honest, Thrust I could kind of take or leave, but I preordered him in order to get Drift after the single preorders of him sold out. :p  A red plane (and a conehead) will add some welcome variety to my Decepticons though.

Bumblebee is the only G1-looking version of the character I want...if I can't get him as a VW, a neato Cybertronian form is acceptable. I love his stingers and his head sculpt.

Drift is a very fanwanky character, but it's in a vaguely cool way. I like his simplified bio better than his actual detailed history as read on the Wiki. More importantly, I am a sucker for any Transformers with overt samurai motifs.

OP just looks neat, plus I actually need a Classics-style OP.

Soundwave, "Darkmount," and Megatron are all must-buys, despite the lack of pictures so far. I collect Decepticons, and I lack Classics-style Soundwave or Megatron. This must be FIXED. And how does anyone even think about not buying Straxus? That toy is Hasbro's love for its weirdo fans, crystallized into physical form. I only wish there were a Blaster who didn't tower over him.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, Red Alert and Blurr. I didn't like the Animated toy for some reason, but the character is good enough to want a Classics-style version. Red Alert I'm probably not going to buy as I've never really cared about the character...his random cameo in Time Wars is the only thing that might make him an impulse buy.

7. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I'm thrilled to get a Thrust as I would love a full set of all six seekers but I won't pay $100 for any of the Henkei/Botcon versions. C'mon Thundercracker and Dirge! Red Alert will be an instant buy as well for much the same reason. I care little for Drift since I don't follow the comics but I might pick up Blurr depending on how well the retool works. Darkmount does little for me as well (again, not into comic characters). Sadly the WFC figures do nothing for me. It's a shame since I'm really interested in WFC, but the current figures aren't floating my boat. I love WFC's Ironhide design though, so here's hoping he gets a toy, and the obligatory Ratchet repaint (or vice versus).

If nothing else I'm excited and anxious to see what else comes down the line after a few waves. I think there's a lot of potential here. I hope the line continues the Classics design and yet I would love some surprises.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think I've seen enough. The WfC figures don't tickle my fancies at all though, and I'll be skipping them for various reasons.

9. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I agree on this point for all but Thrust. Man thats gonna be a cool fig to have. Thx for helping us poor folk out Hasbro (the ones who ,despite planning since 98, cant ever get to BC).

10. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I'm definitely going to get Thrust, WfC Prime, and Darkmount. Everything else is a maybe.

For the fact that we're not only getting a toy of Straxus but also of a hi-then-die character from the G2 comics, I think this line is Incredibly Cool.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I think Generations is going to be great. I'm particularly happy that it's only deluxes. Much easier to get the whole line, that way. I always miss a few voyagers and ultras at some point.

12. cuters

cuters Diabolist

must have thrust pass on the rest till wave two for soundwave and darkmount and hopefully we get henkei dirge g1 style and sunstorm in wave three

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I'm loving it, here's hoping this is the transformers MU like line.
    And it sells off the shelves just as well, so they can keep pumping out bots from the mythos and all generations into it.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'm up for all of them except Thrust, I don't need a third. Red Alert might be passable too as I don't see him measuring up to the awesome Henkei. The WFC toys all look great but they are all screaming out for metallic paint IMO, so I might have to get customy. Drift I'm ambivalent towards, my dispassion for the pathetic Image Comics back story is tempered by the fact that it is a new character for my collection.
    Either way, new Transformers toys is a good thing.

15. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Happy they are offering Thrust! I know that Thundercracker and Dirge will come along now. I'm not a huge Drift fan, but he came out looking pretty awesome with those 3 swords.

I'm still holding my hope for a new Wheeljack.

16. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Soooo cannot wait for this line to start. Not only will Thrust and Red Alert be available, but we will also have some characters that have only been in comic form. That is a step in the right direction, as the possibilities open up the doors for characters who have never been made plastic. Also for some that have had figures exclusive to certain countries, like Victory Saber.

17. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :drool: :thumbs2: :rock 

I think that about covers it. The only dissapointment is that when Hasbro said the Classics/Universe line started back up, there were plans for a voyager Rhinox and Soundwave if I remember correctly.

18. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I've loved all I've seen so far. Great to see a shift away from Movie stuff.

19. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yes, please! :D 

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm all sorts of happy about the line because it brings back the excitement of collecting Transformers for me.

The movie toys were well made and well designed but they just were not my thing. Not really the look I go for in robots. Power Core is a bit of a question mark as it could be something I like or I might not like it. But Generations gives me lots of stuff to add to the collection I've got already with Classics and Universe so I could not be happier.

I guess it doesn't hurt that I like the WfC look. Tough to nail down exactly why but for a new look I just really like it.

It's also nice to have a line that really feels like it doesn't have any restrictions on it other than the size of the figures. Just feels like they could pull anything from any line of Transformers so there is that excitement of what might they do. Well and the foolish hope that maybe just maybe Hasbro will end the torture at last and give us a Classics style deluxe Jazz and other MIA major characters from Transformers history.

The line even adds some excitement for what Hasbro might unveil at Bot Con. I can't afford to attend but I'm really excited to see pictures of any new stuff Hasbro might show off for the Generations line.