What do you think of the Movie designs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fortress_Wise, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

I like them. They look so.... Cool. People have been complaining about them when all the designs have done is what is says on the tin- Transformed. ( I've been wanting to say that for the past 2 weeks)

In my opinion Starscream (Judging by the toy Proto) looks like a Transformer that has sold his spark for raw power. The Hulking arms, the freaky legs. He looks monstrous.

The helicopter guy (blackout?) looks a bit odd to me. I think it's the arms. Reminds me of a mutant Waspinator.

Bumblebee looks- alot like a cool version of Armada Hot Shot. It might just be the yellow though. Also he looks like his chest is made out of lego technic pieces. Not that it is a bad thing.

Optimus Prime looks alot like- a picture of THS-02 i saw the other day. He looks a bit scrawny from the waist down. Otherwise he is the most normal of them all. Shame that. It is the head that holds the design back a bit in that the body has to look good with the head. not that i'm dissing the head. I also like the Cybertron Prime element of a retractable face plate.

Megatron- He was the first design i saw (when i was trying to avoid the designs i went to Seibertron.com where i was greeted by the designs- so much for avoiding) If this films transformers have the same origins as the Quintessons (which i highly doubt and hope not) then this Megs must have been built as the ultimate weapon. He just looks unnatural, maybe even to the other Transformers. Maybe he is the darth vader of cybertron. He looks like a war machine. my only problem is his lack of helmet in standard mode.

So that's what i think really. It loos like Hasbro has its toughest job yet.

2. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I think they are pure awesomeness. :D 

3. ssn_inc

ssn_inc Well-Known Member

Looking good to me.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

What do I think of the designs.....
    Do you need to ask ?

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I like them for the most part, with the exception of Starscream, he's really way too "far out" looking IMO, I like Megatron as a design for a monster I think he's awesome looking, but I'd love for them to add a bit more armor and a big freaking cannon.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I dig them. I really like them all. Starscream I'm not as enthusiastic about the design, but it's not too bad really. The one I think I'm the biggest fan of is Optimus. He just looks big and powerful and I can't wait to hear Cullen's voice. I'm curious to see what Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide look like along with the other 'cons.

7. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    As I said beofer I am more tham pleased with the designs, I was really bored with all the same molds and transformations every new line. These designs rule for me!

8. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Optimus - Looks amazing, and his boomstick makes me sweat.

Bumblebee - Also very cool. Bumble's finally able to kick some ass.

Jazz - Only seen the vehicle mode (which is beautiful), but if he follows the same aesthetic as BB and Prime, he'll be kick-awesome too.

Starscream - I must admit, a bit jarring, and I wasn't sure I liked him at first, but I'm starting to slowly warm up to him. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up loving him after seeing him in action.

Blackout - 100% pure badassery. I want to make sweet love to him.

Scorponok - A giant robot scorpion made of pointy metal, I can't help but love it.

Megatron - I gotta say, the design is fantastic, but as Megs it's gonna take some getting used to. However, like Screamer, I'm gonna give him a chance to strut his stuff onscreen before I judge him.

9. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    They're awesome. I'm extremely happy with the direction things are going. :) 

10. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

You know I gotta say, I like them. I'm not a huge fan of Megatron for the only reason that his face bears no resemblence to G1. I understand the need to translate from cartoon to film but they could have given him just a little resemblence to Megs. The same goes for Starscream. Starscream I'm unhappiest about for that fact. The body, fine do what you have to. But leave some similarities in their heads. For that matter Bumblebee's face is a little weird but I'll get used to it.
    I just want to see this thing made. I'm gonna be there no matter what.

On a different note I have come up with a few things that I think should be left out. You guys might crucify me for this but I don't care I've been a fan since I was twelve.
    *The original Transformers song has no place in the live action movie.
    *As much as I love it and have it on my phone, the original transformation sound effect has no place in this movie. It was made for a cartoon and that is where it should stay.
    *If the song "The Touch," ends up in the movie, my soda and whatever liquid, candy, clothing, or people I can find are going through the movie screen.

All the haters have to stop hating. Let this thing unfold. You're either gonna hate it or you're gonna love it. We have to realize we have input but we have only so much input. We can kick and scream about this and that(and I've done my share) but in the end we don't have the power. And remember, Hasbro, I would say has a lot of power on this thing. Transformers may be endearing to us but they gave birth to the Transformers. So I guess, trust the maker.
    I might raise a stink if Welker isn't cast though. I'm also officially campaigning for Keith David as a voice of some transformer in this movie. His voice is awesome!

11. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Most of them are pure Sexual Chocolate

Except Starscream, he is Sexual Carob.

12. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

I, to be honest I think meg's will be the coolest looking transformation in the whole movie.....Iam curious to see these moving part's...like bay, desato and crew said
    "No dissapearing part's, oversizing part's, and it all fit's in a certain spot."

I think that megatrons desighn was a must. He shout's pure evil, w/ the power hungry atittude he has had since G1. Hell I think a allspark eating meg's is a great way to do a tf movie.

And as for the other's, I think they fit just as they are supposed to be......uh, one thing though, is blackout....a counter part of vortex....or is that like G1 version of his helicopter form, then they gave him a dif name?

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I like what I've seen so far, although I will admit Starscream and Megatron took a few minutes getting used to, because they are so radically different, even from the aesthetic of the other TF's we've seen as of yet. The movie designs are new and fresh, and will look more "real" (if such a thing as giant sentient transforming alien robots is possible) than the blocky G1 designs that so many were hoping for.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I don't like them. They're not really what I was hoping for and I think the designers have skewed too far from something that - at least to me - resembles a "transformer" in the iconic sense defined by the Transformers brand name thus far. I think Megatron is simply ugly and doesn't resemble any character that has ever interested me in any mecha media.

15. Supreme Prime

Supreme Prime Supreme Cosmic Being

You are right Lance Halberd, I do like what I've seen so far, the new design are really different and are really are like you said 'giant sentient transforming alien robots', you are a very wise man.

16. Thontor

Thontor Well-Known Member

when i look back at the G1 characters.. they don't fit the idea as posted above of "giant sentient transforming alien robots".. why? because they look way too human, in their body proportions, and especially in their faces..

i love how they've given the robot mode's really ALIEN looking faces.. fit's the concept much better..

i am a little worried about the fact that it's hard to find any recognizable vehicle parts in the robot modes, how exactly are these things gonna transform?

17. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

The only thing I find too human about the original Transformers is their mouths, but if you take the basic outline of the new robot designs for bumblebee, optimus prime, and megatron, you'll see that all the designs are basically human-like bodyshapes and human-like proportions more so then the original Transformers. There is no argument their, put the new Optimus Prime beside the G1 Optimus Prime, you'll see the new one looks a lot like a human in bodyshape and proportion.

18. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

I beleive the desighns werent actually meant to fit "G1" specification's. At all.

I think theymonly went with characters from G1, most memorizable from the fan base.

For the rest, the story line is nothing much of G1, except the Matrix

But hey, I bet these will be some seriously genuine eye candy!

Summer flick though, not a great script.

19. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

Has it been confirmed that the Matrix is going to be in the movie? I havent read anything that say anything about it, plus I figure with the whole Matrix triology being a big as it was I doubt that they will want to use the title "the Matrix" to avoid confusion with it possibly being a reference to the Matrix movies. We who have seen the original Transformers wouldnt be confused of course seeing as we are familiar with the Creation Matrix and such.

20. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Opimus Prime is great. He's definitely the only design we've seen that pays great tribute to the original; it's G1 Prime with all the hard edges shaved away. I think it's a shame no fans are thanking the designers for retaining his red and blue color scheme (can't see past the flames to see the result, I guess).

Megatron really isn't doing it for me yet. I do not understand why he's so un-Megatron, but I'm open to changes so long as there's reason for it. Hopefully Megatron's look is addressed in the film. If not, I'd like to see him adapt some of his original design aesthetics in a later film (maybe when he eventually takes an earth mode). He does have the general outline of the Megatron we know, complete with boots and helmet, so here's hoping.

Blackout is awesome, but I'm unsure why they didn't call him Vortex. Sure he doesn't look anything like Vortex in bot mode, but that didn't stop them with Megatron :tongue: 

Bumblebee seems like he's cool, but I need to see one of the complete bot sketches like we've seen for Prime, Megatron, and Blackout. We were told the life-size bot we saw wasn't complete, so I'm not going to make a decision based on that. I am very happy with him not being a Beetle though. I have nothing against the Beetle, but it isn't exactly 2007 summer action blockbuster material.

Starscream, odd, but interesting. Again, I want to see the complete bot sketches before deciding how I feel about him. I don't think a $15 toy prototype is enough to go on. If I had just seen Blackout's toy, I certainly wouldn't consider him anywhere near as cool as I do. He's definitely a very creative new take on what could have been a brainless rehash of the seeker transformation.

Skorponok is bad ass. Without seeing an altmode though, it's hard to consider him a Transformer.

They really ought to just leak us the fully-detailed sketches of Starscream and Bumblebee instead of letting us get all worked up about the incomplete and undetailed versions we have.