What do you think of The Fallen now you have seen RotF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Jul 8, 2009.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Now that the movie has been seen, the comics read, and the toys bought, how do the people in this thread who had an opinion on the inclusion of "The Fallen" into the movie-verse feel now?

Do you feel you were right all along in your assumptions? Were you pleasantly (or not so pleasantly) surprised by how he was handled?

Reading back, it seems that 99% of the posters simply dismissed the idea altogether for one reason or another.

I'd really like for some of the posters in this thread to give an update on how they feel on this subject now.

Also it'd be really great if you could, in your reply, quote your initial post for easy "Then-versus-Now" comparison.

EDIT: Sorry for the zombie thread thing. Optimus Prime voice: "My bad."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I didn't like how The Fallen was portrayed

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I didn't like how the fallen was used at all. Having him and megatron took away from both. In the end the fallen was somewhat pointless and did very little. They should have just used Megatron.

4. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't really know much about The Fallen before seeing the movie. I have checked out his bio on Transformers Wiki, but that's about it.
    Although I was surprised to see Megatron willingly take orders, I found The Fallen to be menacing and bad ass. He was the glue that held the movie together, IMO. The voice acting was superb, and he looked awesome onscreen. It probably would have been nice to see him transform, since he is one of the original Transformers, and all. But other than that I was pleasantly surprised how cool he was.
    Was I worried it was going to be a robot covered in flames? Yes.

5. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    He was totaly pointless.

He was just sitting in the Nemesis for half of a film, then he gets to Earth and does nothing until the last 10 minutes of the film and gets kill by Optimus in less that 45 seconds....

Totaly pointless character...

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Visually The Fallen is a great character, but he was useless and only served the purpose of being the fall-guy so Prime didn't have to kill Megatron a second time.

PLus, I very much dislike the whole "The Fallen and Megatron's Emperor/Apprentice" angle. Not only did it add a huge continuity clusterfuck to the movieverse, but it disregards the one defining element of Megatron's tryanny. Megatron serves no one, but himself and his vision of the future. The Fallen negated that by turning Megatron into a kool-aid drinker.

All that being said, The Fallen had great potential, but it was wasted potential.

7. xxsoundwavexx

xxsoundwavexx Well-Known Member

if u ask me the fallen was way to weak to be a god like robot prime owned him very very easily

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well said

9. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

For a movie that called Revenge of the Fallen, the Fallen in the movie actually did no vengeance-seeking, and in the final battle it became a pushover. In fact, I doubt omitting Fallen would've matter much to the movie.

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hear,hear!!

I really believe that he should've stayed in the past and died with the Primes, but having his legacy live on through Megatron and the Decepticon Empire. There really, really, really was no need to have him actively be in the story.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Just a very useless character it seems. He was mostly just on the Nemesis, then when he dcides to get off his lazy ass, he gets it pormptly handed to him by Optimus Prime. Not menacing at all, IMO.

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I liked him. His Appearance the background revealed for his character, and voice acting from Tony Todd alone gave him enough gravitas in the movie, so that when he arrived, it gave me the sense that the Earth's chances of survival had hit the crapper big time.

I didn't expect him to get anymore screentime, fight wise, than Megatron did in the first film once he showed up on the scene. All in all I was pleased with the Fallen.

13. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he defo needed more screen time and a little more explination wouldnt have hurt for the less knowledgable fans.

but part from that he was great

14. Angelwave

News Credits:
    That makes it even worse. What the hell was he doing all this time? Why wasn't there mention of him before? All the Decepticons seem to know about him, yet the Autobots have no clue. These are questions that alot of my friends have asked me, and all I can say it "I don't know".

15. Luxor

Luxor Office Ninja

He looked sweet at first, but then his face got ripped off.

16. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    From what I remember, The Fallen said something about "Regaining his Strength" on the Nemesis after Megatron arrived. He also could've been sitting cozy until Megatron killed Optimus. If a Prime was the only thing that could defeat him, then I think he may have wanted someone to do the dirty work for him so his plans could go uninterrupted (for the most part), what with the Autobot "Trump Card" out of the way.

Another way of looking at it is, the Fallen left the Nemesis prematurely (right after Prime's death) and instead of waiting his strength to return to him completely, he got antsy and went ahead with his plans to take his revenge.

17. Angelwave

News Credits:
    All you can really get from that though was that was their way for shoehorning in the character.

18. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Sure, if you wanna look at it that way. Its a plot device for a character they weren't exactly sure how to deal with. I can live with that.

19. Angelwave

News Credits:
    I know...but you shouldn't have to. ;) 

20. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

he should have been stronger