What do you think of the Elite Guard?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Neyervana, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Neyervana

Neyervana Member

So, what do you think of Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Blurr and Sentinel?

I think...

Sentinel: Every show need an asshole. I want to kick his ass. Or use Ultra Magnus' hammer... yeah...

Jazz: he's cool, as the G1 one. I like his style, and i think, eyerbody, who loves TF, like him.

Blurr: Too fast, to I know what is he says. But he is okay.

Ultra Magnus: Blue is my fav color, and the white with it is just make a perfect colorsame. And his ears... just adorable. His motto can be: Hammer Time! And he is a great leader at all. In most of the Trasformers series, Optimus Prime was the leader, but here, no. I like it. He is my second fav character (the first is Prowl)

2. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel: I like his jerk attitude. I like how it brings a nice same-faction rivalry between him and Optimus.

Jazz: The only thing I really like about him is that he was the only member not acting like a baby at the sight of an organic.

Blurr: Full of Win. Awesome vehicle mode, kickass robot mode, and very entertaining.

Ultra Magnus: He's got to be more open minded. He's also a little too over-confident when it comes to his power, thankfully Starscream put him in his place on this one a little bit.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blurr: Still not a fan of the whole FASTFASTFASTI'MFUNNY thing but at least he sounds and looks better than G1.
    Sentinel: Awesome, awesome design awesome personality also hilarious character.
    Jazz: Hate him, mostly because I dislike ninjas and headphones, only good thing about him is the voice.
    Ultra Magnus: Way better than the G1 character, and the killer design just seals the deal.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sentinel = Tick. Unfortunately he's also a jerk.

Jazz = BADASS.

Blurr = annoying.

Ultra Magnus = ass. But hey, he's Ultra Magnus, he's been living in Prime's shadow since G1, this series is his big break to step it up.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Sentinel: Yeah he's a dick, but he's the same voice as Michaelangelo so I can't hate him TOO much

Jazz: Honestly I'm not familiar enough with him to judge... I've only seen his episodes once. It's cool that he's "black" though xD

Blurr: My favorite of course, been a fan of Blurr since the G1 does and the fact that he has the original voice is just uber-awesome.

Ultra Magnus: He seems pretty cool to me!

I gotta say, when they go all "Eww organics!" they remind me of Megatron in Beast Machines xP

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus: I really like him. He's a great leader, who doesn't really take shit from anyone. Not to mention he has badass (Thor) powers!

Jazz: Very cool, I love the "ninja" ness he has. He also has a great voice.

Sentinel Prime: He may be a douche, but I like this douche. He's funny, has a cool facemask and weapons.

Blurr: SUCH an improvement from G1. If he doesn't show up again, it will be a waste of a great and comical character.

7. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Jazz = AWESOMENESS!! ( I like Ninjas, i like robots. ninjas + robots = perfection! )

Sentinel = Needs to get his butt whooped bad by Starscream or Megs

Blurr = Love him! Loved his G1 character. Love him now.

Magnus = I like the position he is in now, though he needs better character development.

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Sentinel = a loveable jerk.

Jazz = I don't care for him much, I prefer Prowl.

Blurr = the worst and most annoying of the Guard IMO.

Ultra Magnus = I guess I respect him enough, he's pretty powerful too.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Magnus-pretty cool but a little arrogant for a leader

Sentinel-I can deal with the attitude but he should get some better derogatory terms

Jazz-cool character

Blurr-he seems professional at the job while still being able to keep up good character

10. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Sentinel: A jackass and a big dick, maybe ne needs to fight Megatron.

Jazz: He's jazzed up as ever.

Blurr: My most favorite of the bunch, he still talks fast but not as fast as in G1. So I can actually understand some of the things he says.

Ultra Magnus: Really cool, mature character. I'd love him go up against Megatron some day.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus- Seems to be an ok leader, but he has his downsides. I'll probably get rocks thrown at me for saying this, but he reminds me of Fudge from the HP books/movies a bit (the whole keep the people happy thing).

Sentinel Prime- One big jerk, but he fits his role perfectly.

Jazz- He's cool. The Elite guard needs a ninja-bot. I was hoping for some kind of background between him and Prowl (kinda like Sentinel and Optimus), but oh well.

Blurr- A bit annoying, but he seemed to fit in just ok.

Longarm Prime/Shockwave- Pretty cool how he's kept his true identity a secret for so long. Kinda like G1 Shockwave waiting to hear back from Megs on Cybertron. At least in Animated he had contact with Megs for probably most of the time.

12. MR.UPGRADER

MR.UPGRADER Active Member

Ultra magnus is realy cool! I also realy like jazz, but sentinel is a jerk!
    Although he can put some more humor in the show so I dont hate him.

And blurr is super cool!:drool: 

13. Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35 Well-Known Member

Jazz: Very cool bot doesn't prejudge

Blurr:Seems ok

Sentinal: Pompous ass

Magnus: To stuffy he needs to lighten up a bit

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sentinel : He's an asshole but he's important

Jazz: He's awesome

Blurr: He's atleast easier to understand than the G1 Blurr i like him

Ultra Magnus: He's friggin awesome no wonder he's Supreme Commander

And guy you forget Longarm/Shockwave he's sort of counts.....even if he's a Con in disguise

Longarm/Shockwave: Awesome.

15. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

I think the elite guard are mostly blue and white:wink:  But really whats up with that?

16. Visser One

Visser One Member

Sentinel - needs to be chucked into a trash compactor. Man I loved how BB and BH humiliate him.

Jazz - I likes, has some common sense, and he's a ninja!

Ultra Magnus - Looks to be a good commander, sticks to the books, but at least he sees true leadership in Optimus and says as much to Sentinel.

Blur - pure fun to watch him.

17. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

At first I thought the EG was kinda lame, but after a while I figured out it makes perfect sense. These guys are the best of the best, kinda like the Wreckers in G1.

Ultra Magnus is awesome, and I love how they got his voice down. His vehicle mode is cool, as is his BFH.

Sentinel Prime is the jerk of the group, obviously. For some reason, I have it in my head that when Megatron rose to lead the Decepticons, he killed Sentinel. Can't remember if this was Dreamwave or where I read this. I think it would be cool if that happened. "Oh yeah, I can go head to head with Megatron." *blast* One less Elite Guard.

Jazz rocks the house. I really hope that they feature him more. Slick car mode, ninja bot, and he's got Phil Lamarr doing his voice(he did Green Lantern's voice on JL). What more can you ask for?

Toy wise, we can't forget the EG Bumblebee, nee Goldbug coming out. I'd love it if it made it on the show. He *must* be called Goldbug, though. As long as we're at it, I'd bet we see EG repaints of most of the released figures so far. Prowl in G1 colors comes to mind, as does Bulkhead in red, maybe.

Other EG members were hinted at during the Autoboot camp episode. Ironhide was there, which would be Ratchet with a new head. Cliffjumper too. Hopefully they can work those in there somewhere.

Doh, forgot about Blurr. Way less goofy than his G1 self, this Blurr can get the job done. Can't wait for his figure.

18. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Hmm...

Ultra Magnus: Unlike his G1 counterpart, he CAN deal with that now. :D 
    Sentinel Prime: the token a-hole of the group. And I love him. :lol 
    Jazz: More or less like his G1 self. They'd better have him appear in future episodes, or else...

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the Elite Guard.

Sentinal--Ignorant and Stubborn

Jazz--I like him.

Blurr-- He's okay

Magnus--He is old school. Has not caught up with modern day Cybertron.

20. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

ultra magnus: i don't like him. i just can't like him for some reason.
    sentinal: a total jerk. i want to slauter him with a laser chainsaw, clone him, and kill all his clones.
    jazz: the most likable out of the elite guard. i like his style.
    blur:i like him as a homage.
    longarm (shockwave in disguise): i don't like this guy after he made wasp look like a bad guy. however, shockwave is my favorite con'.
    ironhide: i cant believe what they did to him. they made him a total genaric idiot. they made him as dumb as crap.