What do you think of the characterization of Prime so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jun 8, 2012.

?

What do you think of the characterization?

1. Great!

28 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Good.

30 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. Okay

39 vote(s)
    29.8%
  4. Meh

24 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. Horrible.

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. I don't know yet.

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Seeing how we have threads of what do we think of the designs,music,etc of the show in the forums I noticed that we don't have a thread that concerns the characterization of the show. If there is let me know. Anyway what are your overall thoughts on the characters progression so far?

Personally I think it's well done. Some are a bit muffed like Optimus and Bumblebee but others like Arcee,Jack,Ratchet,Starscream have great characterizations with great developments too. However even if some of them need work they aren't boring and dull to me in the slightest. :) 

What are your thoughts?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mediocreish.

I find myself not really caring about a lot of the characters. Especially the Autobots. If Bulkhead dies, I can easily say I won't really care.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I like them so far. People say arcee is to ready to get into action, that optimus is boring but from point of view optimus is suppose to be boring in this storyline ( he's not that boring to me ) and I like seeing arcee rush off ( so she can die >;3 ) bumble bee is the kid, bulky is the big wuvably lug and rachet is the scruffy doctor. I love all that but the cons to me are even more interesting. Soundwave..nuff said, he's the goddamn soundwave. Starscream is is voiced by steve blum and the animators recently have done such a great job showing his expressions and the mannerisms he has it's just great. Knockout is flamboyant and has great one-liners breakdown was probably the nicest of the cons to make me think that if there was a con you wanted to hang with it would be him. megatron isn't stupid and has a charm about him in a way. airachnid is just messed up and ruthless and just love what she does. I love the characters

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Okay at best.

I have the same problem as Bountyan, plus some characters are never gonna get their characterization. Poor Orion. Poor Breakdown. You two had such potential...

But I'm enjoying some of the characterization. Soundwave, Arcee, Dreadwing, Starscream, what we got of Bumblebee in his Operation episodes etc.

So it's a mixed bag.

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I liked them in Darkness Rising, after that...Boring.

6. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    The characterization is okay. Some characters have gotten great characterization, but others are still sort of lacking. I wish they had given all of the characters equal characterization from the start instead of only focusing on some and pushing the others off to the side. I think the show really could have done a better job with the characterizations than what they have so far, but hopefully the rest of the characters will get some more spotlight soon.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Dude, he's talking about the show in general, not just Optimus.

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I realised that after I posted it.

Still applies to the majority of the characters.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No fair, you ninja edited.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm LOVING it, I now have a Bumblebee I actually LIKE, I can see the struggle in Optimus, I share the inadequacy issues as Ratchet, I can feel the desire in Bulkhead to keep his loved ones safe, and I understand why Wheeljack tries to be a hardened shell.

The only Autobot I don't feel the connection with is Arcee, I know what they've been trying to present, but with how she "understood" the toxicity of revenge, but then jumps back in with Airachnid again; it doesn't FEEL natural enough (for me).

Megatron, I feel, has done a really good job not letting others in, he's distant, as he should be. Soundwave, I honestly KNOW the drive he has for Megatron/the Decepticon cause. Starscream is funny as shit, I'd HATE to know him personally, and I feel he's well-done, but needs a little more fleshing out (specifically of his past). Airachnid's just cold-hard-bitch. Dreadwing is kick ass, the Dinobot of this show. Breakdown tries to look, and seem, tough, but he's still a small, maybe nice, guy on the inside. Knock Out is so perfectly sassy and self-absorbed.

Do I dig the show? Yeah. Do I dig the characterization? Actually, yeah.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Yep, I agree with this quote. I'm perfectly happy with how it's all rolling.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well she hasn't techinaclly moved on from revenge yet but she does have a better understanding about how it can poisin you if not careful. Sure in Crossfire she wasn't using her head but in Armada she was more careful this time around and manage to trap Airachnid without resorting to low means of doing so.

Arcee's story's not done yet and who knows? Perhaps later on you may have a different opinon on her. I hope this isn't white knighting on my part. I kind of just wanting to answer why Arcee went after Airachnid again that's all. Myself I have a connection towards her because she's grown on me with her character.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

When are you people gonna realize that Arcee meant she was going to kill Airachnid quickly, not make her suffer?

She didn't try to trap her, dumbass trapped herself.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Okay maybe that came off wrong but still what I mean to say is that Arcee took care of Airachnid without resorting to Airachnid's methods.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee definetely trapped her. The camera focuses on the stasis pod and then goes back to Arcee's face and then she turns her face back to Airachnid. She kicked Airachnid in the pod on purpose.

Anyway I like the characterizations in special of Megatron, Ratchet, Starscream and Arcee. Those four pretty much became THE version of those characters, when I think of them that is the exact design and voice that comes to mind. Dreadwing and Knockout too but that is mostly because their past versions sucked and barely deserve the name like how I don't give a shit about the Lugnut bike from Cybertron.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Then that sudden character turn sure came out of nowhere.

Either way Armada sucked.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It didn't. At all. It was Crossfire that fucked it up since Partners shows her realizing revenge sucks and Orion Pax has her showing that she got over her Starscream hate just for Crossfire to suddenly go around having her mad at the mention of Starscream's name and trying to kill Airachnid. Armada, as crazy as it was, actualy got that part right.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    He's okay.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

lol that one throwaway line?

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Me personally, I think Arcee caught on that killing Airachnid, especially right after she tells her to make it hurt, wouldn't actually benefit; she'd just end up playing Airachnid's twisted little game, and even in death, the spider would win.

It's kinda like the Joker and Batman, always trying to coerce the hero to cross that boundary. Arcee finally decided not to indulge the psychopath and dumped her ass in a pod.