What do you think of g1/

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1-LORD GANGSTA, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    They liked it for the most part, but the teacher pulled it out after "Oh Shit!" :lol 

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    From what I've observed here, people who would meet what you said previously are the ones in the minority.

--Moony

3. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Okay you confuse me, i don't know what you are trying to say?

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Dude, just stop.

You're yelling "NO!!! G1 IS BETTER! TRUST ME!!!" to people who have different opinions. Not cool. Not everyone has to like G1, not everyone has to think it's the best, and people are allowed to like it the same as other series, and people are allowed to like it more. You don't need to go shouting your opinion as fact, or yelling that people who think differently are "WRONG".

5. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

There you gone and done it, speaking for all, i think it's lame that you are trying to divide who's minority and not.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Thats... that's the same thing you're doing!

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

kool, theres a few of us Seiber-nutz here

8. Moonscream

News Credits:
    I mean don't try to label people.

--Moony

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

G1-LORD GANGSTA, chill out. Everyone else, stop putting out the flamebait. If this keeps going on, I'm handing out infractions and banning people from the thread.

10. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Lol, that's funny!

11. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Understood. :) 

--Moony

12. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Sorry chief i wasn't getting mad or loud i apologize to everyone sorry guys.

13. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Cause it laid the foundation for every thing that followed animated did not. If g1 didn't exsist you and me wouldn't be here on this thread or forum.

14. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Being the first doesn't necessarily make it the best.
    And Cybertron was more of a Super Robot anime with the Transformers name stuck on it.

15. darkunor

darkunor Banned

G1 was, is and will always be the Godfather of the transformers franchise! It makes me laugh when I hear all these young people who grew up watching pokemon and power rangers even dare to have the audacity to call G1 shit! And the crucial mistakes these idiots make is compare it like for like which to me is incredibly stupid! It's almost like comparing a top tennis player of the current era to a top player of say 40 years ago which is a no brainer, duh! Technological advancements ie raquet head speed, increased pay, improved supplement formulae and training regimes will ultimately ensure the current player will be more successful, duh! But the real, more accurate comparison will be how they both fared against their piers in their respective eras, wouldn't it?

And in that respect G1 has given its ******ed offspring a bitch slapping of epic proportions, in it's era it was one, if not the top show in it's era, for it fared much better against it's rivals, it was more influential, more creative and cetainly more iconic! You know when something is iconic when even my parents nearing seventy know who megaton, Optimus Prime and Inspector gagdet are! This can't be said for any incarnation after G1! They have all played second or third fiddle to the big shows or franchises in their respective eras! Let's take a look;

Beast wars- not a bad show, but to me at the time it looked bland and boring maybe because im just not a big fan of CGI but also little things like the predacons "terrorise" sounded pretty lame, but I think the real reason why I couldn't get into it was because there were so many superior shows at the time Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Spawn, X-men and Gargoyles animated series, shows that have stood the test of time, shows that beast wars can't even come close to holding a candle to. And let's not forget the laughable and mighty power rangers.

A/E/C- NOT EVEN WASTING MY BREATH! Superior shows at the time- TMNT 2003 and heman 2002, Justice League

RID- HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY

Pokemon in Disguise-Oops...i meant transformers animated, every time I look at those hideous caricatures all I can think of is what you'd get if leader 1 and pikachu...........had an abortion! Teen titan animation and transformers dont go! From the moment I heard the guys who worked on teen titans were doing a new TF show, I had written it off like a bad cheque. I guess why I can't stand TFA is that it's seems to be dumbed down and in terms of evoluton of the transformers it seems to have gone backwards. Say what you may about G1 and it's flaws, but when it was out, for a kid anyway, it was no "cuddly cartoon" in the mould of care bears, gummi bears or pokemon and that's exactly what transformers was reduced to when TFA was launched. I guess I kind of expected it to evolve but with more of a serious tone to it akin to Spiderman, spiderman is the best example for this because when you watch it form the 60's to the 80's (spiderman& spiderman and his amazing friends) to the award winning Spiderman TAS (90's) , the tone becomes more serious even closer to the comic, the writing, continuity and character development are much better than the 90's version than it's 60's and 80's and series counterparts. With writing so cleverly done that although it was aimed for 6-12 year olds' you knew a lot of teenagers and even a few adults indulged in it!

Sadly, whenever I've steeled myself to try and watch an entire epsidoe of TFA, I can't see any of the positives of the evolution of afforementioned cartoon series present in TFA. All I can see is a cuddly thing which is no more than a poor man's G1, copied right down to even the theme song which sounds horibble by the way. The only people I see appreciating this embarrasment to the TF franchise are those hardcore TF fans that love everything transformers, no matter how much of a piece of s$%t it really is, or people that probably enjoyed or will enjoy pokemon and 5 year olds, of course! Oh and by the way Avatar was a much superior show to TFA, proving again that in terms of iconic stauts none of them really can come close to G1!

16. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

That doesn't make it better though... Transformers wouldn't exist if Diaclone and Microchange hadn't been created so does that make them superior to Transformers?

17. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Animated is a good try at reviving G1 characters but with less impact. Toy-wise,a big NO for me

18. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Animated didn't really try to revive G1 characters. Each character was their own. Prowl, Ratchet, the Seekers, Bumblebee, Arcee, etc were all their own, different from their original incarnations.

19. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Unique,but not quite. Omega Supreme is an example

20. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

It does for most, G1 fans which are the heart and soul for the franchise, and the simple fact it laid the foundation for what's out today for the franchise does make it better.