What do you think BBTS will do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Maybe. I hope they ship tomorrow. If not I will definitely recontact service.

2. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The way their system is set up, your package is probably already sealed awaiting pick up from UPS. I hate to sound bad and say suck it up..... But I've had it happen to me before too, and it has never been a big deal to me. I just let another POL accumulate before I ship, or if I want it sooner, I ship it.

If you had caught it in time before package was finalized, then maybe it could have been added. I found something on the site that I wanted RIGHT after I hit "ship" for my other order, and was able to get it added to it, but in that case, timing was everything.

I work in sales and deal with customer service all the time. There is a time when we as a customer must hold ourselves accountable.

I've had nothing but great experiences with BBTS over the last 12 years, and they will continue to receive my business.

My final thoughts are, if you know an item is supposed to arrive in soon and you have an order ready to ship..... just hold off for a little bit more.

- Gregg

3. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another thing too is that when they fill an order, I'd be willing to bet that the box used is sized to fit an order as well too, especially when filling a large order. Once an order is sealed, and lets say the boxes are awaiting pick up from UPS, do you realize how much of a hassle it could be? If the box doesn't fit the extra item, then the whole order would have to be repacked, and when you are talking man hours and efficiencies that can really gum things up a bit. At my job, when a guest decides to add a piece to an order at the very last minute, the order from a paperwork standpoint has to be "taken off the truck". All loads are staged at the main warehouse the night before delivery. When a whole truck is staged and ready to be packed, any changes can be a serious pain because the truckload has to be readjusted to accomodate the extra item.

If we stop and think about what goes on behind the scenes to get our stuff to us, we need to step back and take a deep breath. It takes A LOT to get me even close to being bent out of shape. I'm not one to sweat things I have no control over.

I just decided to ship my POL while still waiting for Heavy Labor to arrive. If something comes in from my preorders I have while this is getting ready to ship, I'm cool with it. I made my choice.

Take care,

- Gregg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Or we now like to complain over and over and over about everything being "unfair" or "unreasonable" when it doesn't go our way on pages and pages in every thread. It happened in your Arcee incident, it happened in every thread about their $4 increase on their FP insecticons, and it is happening here again. We get it, you don't like that you can't change your order, but is it really a travesty? Is it really that unreasonable? Is it really ruining your day? Again I will state that you don't know how their system works without being there, and apperantly they cannot just add to an order, so you got your answer there. Also, I explained to you that it is not the best time to ship your order right after a sought after item comes into stock, yet you ignore this. If you needed it faster, choose a faster shipping service (their terrible company offers it) or don't ship right when an item comes into stock. You seem to talk yourself in circles in every thread (and sometimes multiple threads at one time) ignoring people's answers to you and jumping to conclusions with either false statements or opinions that you beleive to be fact without any actual proof of it.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Whats the faster shipping service? I am sure I missed it. How is my choice of shipping have any thing to do with 2+ days waiting in the warehouse. That is how long the top shipping service, which I am paying for takes?

Please, this is BS. Every single damn other store I order from doesn't take 3 days, or 4 days from order completion to send a god dam package. It is usually here in 4 days. I being charged close to $30 on shipping and shit hasn't even shipped yet.

See this is the damn BS I am talking about, I am to blame. No it is their crap system that takes 4 days to ship. I worked with smaller stores who shipped out quicker. I worked with bigger stores who shipped out quicker. They just happened to be that perfect size that fits that miracle not shipping out cause of x, y and z bs reason.

Always the damn excuses. You know why it'll never get better, because people like you. Right here alone is a perfect example. Pay more, you'll get it faster. So it's my fault again. Right. Good. I am happy your patient and so on.

I did pay more. Still got shit. It's sitting there. Doing nothing, not being shipped and still nothing can be done but wait. Love paying top price shipping for the shit to sit. LOVE IT.

Not to mention they are the first company to ever, ever get a hot item. Whatever. Such BS. So tired of people constantly being blamed.

The fact of the matter is, I know a shit load more about how a company runs. How CS runs. How shipping departments and logistic department runs then you do. But I am making the damn wild accusations.

Lastly, how am I supposed to get proof? Did Barry Bonds do steroids, of course not. No proof. Please, people on here so rediculous with their proof. Prove it doesn't cost 500 to make a plastic toy, because you don't understand x,y and z. The only thing I see is people defending their overpriced hobby and anyone who disagrees is wrong and needs to provide proof. Because bad service cannot be proven right?

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I skimmed the walls of text, but I didn't see anyone mention this:

Imagine the logistical nightmare of changing everyone's orders every couple of minutes after it's supposed to be a done deal, packed in the warehouse, ready to ship. It'd eat up all their time and potentially ruin all record keeping, depending on what facilities they keep.

That alone is reason to not allow orders to be changed after the fact. Sure, it could be done, but it's not worth the effort and potential mass of screw ups that could come with it. As BBTS is a medium sized shop, it seems to me a very reasonable policy to not allow changes after you hit the "ship" button.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Gregg,

How long does it take to ship out your items. What is a reasonable time? 3 days? Does it take 3 days for UPS to pick up a package?

Now, what happens when you exceed a reasonable time frame. Would you repack if that reasonable time frame was exceeded to make a GOOD customer happy? Or would you risk the business?

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    TBH, if they shipped this yesterday or even today, I would just deal with it. But who knows if they will even ship it tomorrow. Even if they do. I don't get it till at the earliest monday. I pay top shipping to have it sit in a warehouse.

So yeah, I understand logistics of it, but at what point do you do something for the people waiting?

And what exactly am I waiting for?

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Top shipping is overnight... you paid overnight, and it's been sitting for 3 days?!?

Yea, get that shipping refund budd.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    They have those 3 options. Got the third one on the list.

"USPS Priority Mail $11.00 plus $2.50 a pound

Delivery in 3 - 5 days. The USPS has increased Priority rates, we recommend Priority Mail only for APO, FPO, AK, HI, PR, & Guam. Use Parcel Post for Continental USA."

I don't see the overnight option on here.

Definately not seeing this in the next day or two. LOL.

On a side note, I gotta stop raging. No real need. more pissed people blaming me like I did something wrong, or I am beyond some form of reasonability. I just hope BBTS is reading. Rage session over. Not worth it.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What other place has the "pole of loot" option. Most other places ship the preorder as soon as it comes in.

This is how I imagine BBTS to operate:

I see it as a big store/warehouse. Tons of items all on shelves. Each item has a number that tells the employee where the item is. A computer program tells them how many of each item they have, so they can keep inventory. When an order comes in, it is placed in a box and shipped. When a "pile of loot" order comes in, someone has to go "shopping" and fill the order. It is then boxed and shipped.

Now imagine a "hot" item comes in. Many people
    Ship the "loot". People have to take those orders and "shop" for them. No biggie if it is 1 or 2 things but, come on, we know our loots:D 

I would guess a dozen people "shopping" for a couple hundred orders. Takes time.

Bottom line: POL saves money but, may take a few extra days for it to be shipped.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look. Ultimately you're making a stink about something that it appears only you are having any real issue with. I've never had more than a day and a half wait from warehouse to ship. Working with UPS, I've come to obsessively monitor my packages, and I've NEVER had issue with BBTS. It sounds like you're just having bad ass luck with BBTS and it sure sucks, but what can you do? Just take your purchases elsewhere...seriously. We as collectors have taken a lot of shit and we're still happy because ultimately nothing has seriously stopped our ability to really buy what we love, and for me, a day or two TOPS wait for my package to ship out is NOTHING compared to other things that can go wrong. I get paranoid every time I think about a shit ass Loader or Unloader manhandling my package and ruining it. A bit of wait time is the least of my worries.

I'll say this and I'll say it again...it's less efficient for the company to go back and open up a box just to put in another item. That's a box they'll need to replace, tape, packing material, invoices to be printed, time to find in warehouse...you get the picture. I don't think they'd go through all the hassle for you...or anyone for that matter, and honestly I don't blame them. With shipping based upon weight and size of packages, adding in that extra item could bump up that shipping cost which they'd probably have to bill you again for that extra cost of that package. To me it just makes sense. It makes the vast majority of people happy. Don't want to just single you out but how things appear it seems that you're the only one really unhappy about all of this.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ok, I gotcha, so then I'm guessing USPS Priority is the best option then? For some reaosn, you'd think there'd be more in terms of options. Sheesh.

But, yea man, even with that, UPS priority is gauranteed US within 5 days, so if you don't get it by that time, have BBTS refund your shipping. I think that's fair.

And, I understand you brought up other places not being able to "do it all" like BBTS with things liek other toy brands and vintage stuff, but the majority of your complaints have been about current transformers toys, and that's why people are saying just take your business elsewhere.

Plank really makes a great point man, and I hope that you give his post some attention, because he really nailed it when he said that they'd have to redo your purchase and recalculate the shipping, and recharge you as well. That's not fair to them, dude. Not at all.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    When you first start a POL there are more options, I started a new one today, and thought to myself, who would pay $60 to ship MP Roddy overnight or $30ish for two day. Once you empty out your POL, it will give you that option if the first thing you buy is an instock item on a new POL.

Here you go, don't log into your BBTS account, but add something to your cart and then click on "view shipping rates". Right after USPS Priority there is UPS 2nd day, and UPS next day. So it must not have been all that important when the POL was started.

I am not saying that you did anything wrong at all, but you seem to make mountains out of molehills more often than not. Just because the answer you get isn't the one you want, doesn't mean it is the wrong answer.

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks Barrel. It's been a while since I've actually changed the options of my shipping, but glad I wasn't off.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From BBTS FAQ
    Its right there in black and white. Want it shipped that day? Pay by 1:00 PM Central Time and choose UPS.

17. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    No, you did nothing wrong. You bought the items in your loot, you asked them to be shipped, another item is processing, you wondered if you could get that in. You can't.

It's not what you did, it's what you're saying and how you're saying it. You seriously need to stop complaining about every little thing in the world, and when it's explained to you, you find something else to bitch about.

Want to talk "unfair"? Hobby link japan sometimes takes A WEEK to ship out a package. And they don't use a POL option. BBTS sometimes has e-mailed me a shipped notice with a tracking number on friday, but the item was moved from their warehouse on a monday.

If you're so impatient about the blood upgrade kit, ship it in the cheapest way on it's own. What's that supposed to be within the US for such a small kit, 4-7 USD? If that is an unnecessary expense you're just cheap.

Shit happens all the time. Around 5 years ago I had a perfect grade strike gundam and an accessory pack shipped to me EMS from japan in the beginning of december. They arrived mid january due to customs and holidays. I paid around 70 USD for a 3-5 day delivery option and got it in 45 days.

You're probably one of those people who don't like free stuff because you can't complain about it, right?

18. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

BBTS should bottle his tears and sell them as energy drinks.

19. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, and I see what you're saying for people whose orders aren't going out that should be going out. For those people, like you, it might not be such a nightmare to offer a courtesy order change while waiting.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a way to stop a shipment to make changes. Of course it might only work between when it is pending shipping (after clickicking 'ship my loot') & when it is being filled in the warehouse. Go into your order and cancel something. It sends it back to the pile of loot status. Edit pile as you see fit