What do you think are the fake rumors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roook, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

Michael Bay states he is releasing fake rumors to mess with people and hopefully keep some surprised for the TF2.

Of what you've heard what do you think is fake?

So far, I think the ice cream truck turning into two mini-autobots is total b.s.

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Didn't Michael Bay revealed that his comments were all lies a few months ago?

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm gonna say the fake rumors are the fake rumors.

Honestly, I don't buy into the whole false information campaign.

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I think the biggest fake rumor is that there is even a Transformers 2! Bay played us for a fool. This entire time, he was just running a huge misinformaiton campaign to humiliate those of us who liked that "stupid cartoon".

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Revenge of the fallen. That name is fake. Tp Revenge of the sith

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Why do you think the name's fake? Haven't they already decided the official name for the sequel? I do know they're not using the stupid cliche'd 2 in it.

7. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    This.

That's all Bay needs to say so that we always question every bit of information that comes out. He doesn't need to lift a finger.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I think he was joking. Besides Revenge of the Fallen really fits the movie at least what I am thinking.

Though I agree with NGW. I think Michael Bay is adding fuel to a already speculative and paranoid community to make it even more speculative and paranoid without doing anything except opening his mouth.

9. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    But you've gotta say one thing, so far....

Revenge of the Fallen > Revenge of the Sith. IMO.

10. krade

krade Well-Known Member

the only fake info is that they're is no fake stuff,except the leaked script treatment and title,we've seen nothing that could be fake.the set pics we've seen cannot be fake,i don't think they would bring vehicule on a set just to make us believe that a character is in that scene or in the film,there is cost to all this and bay don't want to loose money on that kind of stuff.

maybe roberto orci on this site is fake or his answers,other than,that i don't believe they're is much fake stuff.

11. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet you something about those new pics we've just seen are fake. Maybe the new vette does not appear in the movie at all. Just there to throw us off ....

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Dude, just stop it. You're really being ridiculous now.

The name was officially confirmed by Hasbro on their public website. No way THAT'S fake.

Orci on this site is real, confirmed by both the staff here and Orci himself over at Don Murphy's board (where Murphy confirmed him to be real).

He also confirmed here that he would occasionally be deliberately vague and misleading about stuff, but never flat out LIE about anything.

You think they would haul at least TWO copies of a top secret, not-officially-revealed-to-the-public-yet concept car to several sets just to throw off the people taking photos on the set? That's some huge waste of money there, sir.

13. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

14. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
  15. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Oh, you don't have to be sorry.
    I didn't care 'bout Jazz.

16. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Everything is fake and they're actually rendering Unicron now.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The whole fake ideas and rumors to throw fans off is just a really bad idea anyway so I don't put too much thought into what is spot on and what's off the mark. I mean crap it's not like Hasbro isn't going to mess up with the toys like when the Indie figures let the whole alien thing out of the bag, that IDW will not let it out of the bag with the comic books somehow, or that Paramount will not mess up again by releasing in another country first so if I want to know everything before going to the movie I'll know it anyway.

Plus remember how the first time we got all those lies when the bots leaked about who they weren't going to look that and yet we got to the movies and they were 95% of what the leaks looked like.

Combined that stuff with Bay not exactly being Mr. PR and instead of protecting the fans his fake information stunt comes off as more as being a rich spoiled director being mean to the little people than it does as a nice fellow keeping the spoiler monster away.

18. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

There isn't any misinformation. Just about everything that has leaked about this movie has been proven to be true.

Except the "Jazz is coming back" thing - which is probably the result of someone mistaking some other car for the Jazz Solstice (or possibly seeing another, different Solstice on set)

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I remember some leaked scripts that everyone involved claimed were "fake". I have them on my hard drive. They're unmistakably early versions of the final movie's script, just with some differences in terms of locations, names, timeline and various other details.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh darn I forgot about the leaked script from the first movie, but yea I remember all those statements about how it wasn't real until the movie was released then the story changed.