What do you think about... (AHM timeline question).

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DarthCrusher, May 7, 2010.

1. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Andy Schmidt, IDW Transformers editor, recently stated on the IDW boards that, in regards to the timeline of AHM...

What is the basic opinion on this?

I have kind of mixed feelings towards it. While on the one hand, it gives plenty of in-story time for Prime to have recovered, more Decepticons to have shown up on Earth, the Swarm to have established themselves as a credible threat to the Autobots on Cybertron, Omega Supreme to have ferried the Autobots from Cybertron to Earth, and for a galaxy-wide Decepticon assault to have taken place. On the other hand, it didn't really seem like it had taken place over the course of a year (I always got the feeling that it took place over maybe a month, tops). It's a bit of a long time for the Decepticons to be simply sitting around on Earth (regardless of whatever Megatron was planning on doing with the Matrix) without even touching several European countries, although this does rationalize why Screamer got so fed up with Megs during this time period.

I might try to put together a fan-made timeline later on, but until then, any thoughts?

2. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I don't even bother to try and figure out the mess IDW has made of the timeline, and Transformers as a whole, anymore. It makes the brain hurt to much.

3. Kris Carter

Kris Carter Mostly Harmless

Technically, he's right. There's a years gap between page one and page two of issue one. But as for the rest of the series taking place over a year? No way.