What do you think 3d will look like in 2 years time ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Feb 24, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When DOTM came out it was claimed to be the best use of 3d since avatar . Avatar 2 isnt due out till 2016 after being delayed. So how will this affect TF4's 3d? Do you think well see a massive jump from DOTM? or will it be similar since another director wont of raised the bar or could michael bay with help from JC raise the bar again himself? thoughts?

2. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Peter Jackson is shooting the Hobbit in 3d and at 48 frames per second. He compares the visual impact to: "it's like someone has cut out a wall from the front of the theatre, and you're watching real life."

I know Michael Bay preffers film over video (film is shot at 24 frames per second), but he also said that he'll use the latest technology to shoot the next transformers.

Someone has once asked him, whether he has seen any movie shot at a higher framerate, and what he thought of it (I believe his experience was seeing some prototype film shot at like 66 frames per second or close to it), he said that it looked very nice.

I wish he would try that 3d at 48fps or higher, that would make TF4 all the more real. We'll see.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    In two years time 3D will be twice as good. So expect all movies to be released in 6D in the future.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Micheal Bay seems to always try to top the things he's done previously on the technical side of film making so I can't think of any logical reason why he wouldn't attempt to top what he's already done with 3D.

Listening to or reading interviews where Micheal Bay talks about cameras, frame rates, and light gain it's hard not to think camera nerd.

Also throw in that Dark of the Moon was learning to use 3D so with that out of his way he could try things that would have been harder thanks to the learning curve of learning to film in 3D.

5. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    3D will improve as the technology becomes cheaper and easier to work with. By the time TF4/Reboot comes around, the tech will be common place and directors/film companies will become more competent.

That being said, the gimmick of 3D can only go so far. They need to be able to fully integrate the technology into the experience instead of being used as a tacked-on money grab in order to keep people interested.

6. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

we need it in 4D. remember the muppets ride where everybody got pies in their face and squirted with water and such? yeah, that 4D.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This. That long-@$$ interview about 3D with Bay and Cameron was so both so interesting and yet so boring as well. They were throwing out terms and numbers that even I had no clue what they were talking about. :lol  The man knows his tech.

8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I think it would look exactly the same, but maybe they'll add the other 17 dimensions that Sam talked about in ROTF! :lol 

9. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can’t wait to see what The Hobbit looks like. I love how people really do think 3D will be dead within a couple of years, but they seem to forget a little film called Avatar 2 that’s coming out in either 2014 or 2015. 3D isn’t done at all. It’s still in its infancy. Like CGI, the new wave of 3D can only get better.

Also, three films broke the billion dollar barrier last year thanks to 3D. I have no doubt there will be at least two films this year that will do the same. As long as that keeps on happening, Hollywood studios and filmmakers will keep on using it.

10. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

3D in a few years time will be some insane shit that makes 7-year-olds wonder just what the hell 2D was.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Hopefully, gone.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

In a mere two years, you won't notice an extreme change. Higher frame rates might become more common, and fake 3D conversions from 2D film might become fewer. Directors who are serious about 3D will get a little bit better at cinematography and composition in 3D. That's really about all we should expect to change.

13. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

My wish pretty much.

14. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3d aint going away anytime soon and you can still watch it in 2d so stop complaining.

15. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I sometimes sell VHS when I do a car boot stall and was once made to feel very old when a little kid saw the tapes and asked his mother what they were. When she told him they were what we played movies on years ago he asked her why they would put the Blu-Ray disc inside a plastic box like that. He just couldn't understand what the tape inside it was.
    I dunno if that's ignorance or just being dumb.

16. ArceeMe

ArceeMe =^.^=

Ebay:
    If its anything like what've read about(the 3d printers) I believe the movie joints will incorpate these WITH going to a movie and printing out TFs or lil action figures and such. The lowest 3D/4D printer now is 7000 USD and is a med. sized , well size. ^_^ These will also beable to do food at some point as well. ^_^ As for screens and digital and such, , it should only get better as well, and softer on the eyes. Over seas there is a company already that has been able to "3d/4d-pixels." This being that if you have , lets sat a strawberry in 3/4 d it makes the pixels smell, and feel like a real strawberry through electric pulses sent through your body. They have already done it in a tablet, and wanted to go into bigger things like monitors and Movie joints. they also said its not hard at all to do such things and relatively affordable for this era.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Apparently they can already print out some foods, like chocolate. Although that's not much more than shaping chocolate.
    But I do think the future of TF toys will eventually be home 3D printing. Whether that's a good or bad thing I dunno.

Printing out your own Legion figure at a cinema would be cool though. Have a barcode or something printed on your ticket of a random figure from a set and you stick it in a machine and it makes you a movie-exclusive figure as you wait. Could be something to help drive ticket sales in an age where more and more people prefer to stay at home and watch rather than go out to a theatre. And if people want to complete the set of figures that also drives repeat ticket sales.

18. labiblioteca

labiblioteca Active Member

It's so realistic that you can smell how John Turturro's breath is like

19. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

I agree completely.

20. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Hell, I'm not that old, I know what VHS is. I even watch old Black-and-white sometimes.