What do you realistically want for FoC Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So Bruticus is hitting homes. Mine arrive today as well. And like a lot of people I am disappointed.

So what specific things do you think 3rd parties should make to "fix" this guy? No easy answers like saying "Fix Blast Off!" Specifics people.

For me, I'd want Onslaught beefed up a little. Give him new arms and better canons. Also any new pieces that can be should be used to fill out his truck mode and make his back half more truck-ish. A new Bruticus skirt would help pose-ability. Blast off... I'm not even sure how to fix him.. Maybe give him new arms as well since I really dislike his default ones. This could lend itself to making a better arm mode as well. Brawl needs some feet that could double as Bruticus. And something in dire need is better hands. Even Masterpiece Seeker hands would be better. Something with wrist rotation and at least one finger articulated.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Voyager Onslaught!

and bigger cannons, and an actual chest piece, and a flamethrower upgrade for BO, and a different version of Swindle that's modded to actually look like a foot instead of a car standing up (i don't have Bruticus but these are what i want)

EDIT: i also want these to come out AFTER i get him so he doesn't end up like FP Bruticus

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Some things that come to mind are bigger/articulated hands, an upgrade to Onslaught that fills out his vehicle mode and adds meat to Bruticus's torso, and some good cannons to attach behind Bruticus in combined mode.

4. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want game accurate parts colour reproduced.

5. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly? A whole new set of 5 figures with a good combined mode.

6. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Better Waist to leg conection for when Onslaught forms the torso, seriously, the way that part looks is damn awkward hahaha A voyager Onslaught or a small trailer/backpack for him might solve the issue.

Better hands sure and some way to make the chest broader thus hising the connectors to the arms which make him look like alien right now, again, just finxing onslaught would solve this.

Meaning: yeah, just a simple onslaught upgrade/new Onslaught with a pair of hands and maybe a pair of feet might do the trick.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i was thinking it could be almost hinge-like. cause in the game, he's got that circle and some silver things on his back (which is bulky) and that becomes the back of his alt mode. then when they combine, it could rotate 180 and become the game accurate, non-hollow Bruticus back that could have a peg-hole for the huge cannons

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Completely new figures that don't scramble city as a compromise. There is no saving these molds incombined mode.

9. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid you are probably correct. Correcting the limb proportions without new figures to form the limbs may be too much to hope for.

There may not be much of a chance of an upgrade kit making the combined mode awesome, but I think a voyager sized Onslaught, with better arms, and shoulders, and some better hands for the combined mode would go a long way to improving the combined mode.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly... I don't want to see anything for it. The thing that was nice about the Energon mod was that the limbs weren't all unique. It was two helicopters, and two tanks of the exact same molds. So, two bots to replace one of each mold was perfect, since you had two clones anyways.

Another plus from the Energon mold having clones was the fact both arms and both legs were the exact same length and proportion, so making additional limbs around those was a lot easier.

Tiller summed it up best when he said a whole new version without compromises would be best. It's absolutely true.

11. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

Hate to say it, but I have to agree. I wanted to see 3rd party improvements to this figure, but I honestly can't think of any way they could save it without working from the ground up.

It is what it is I guess.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Entirely new mold for Onslaught. A bunch of the problems can be solved just by making the torso bigger. Having them all deluxe doesn't work.

13. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

New hands and a new cannon backpack. Thats it, he's fine the way he is. Hasbro did a great job when you consider the toy laws. Other than that, I love the figure. But I keep going back to the hands and cannon and thinking, god hasbro, did you just completely give up when you approved those?

14. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I may be in the minority here, but I dig FoC Bruticus. It is not without fault, that's for sure, but there are a few areas that could see some improvement and work, in my opinion.

First up, I'd either want to see (or in my case, scratchbuild) a new chest plate & new crotch armor. If you can bulk up that area a bit with those, it would help hide the puny look of his mid-section.

Second, I'd possibly want to see (or build) new feet.....something to go under those bots, since they look odd & almost like they're missing feet down there.

And last, I'd not even use the damn karate chop hand or any others. They're all too small, lack articulation, & just don't fit the overall look of the combiner. I'd add new hands & maybe switch limbs around to see what fits or has the best proportions when combined.

I guarantee if you fix those three main areas of concern, you'll have a pretty kick ass Bruticus. Personally, I'd love to see a larger Onslaught also, but realistically, I prefer him more like he is since he fits in better with the other Combaticons in bot mode (and doesn't tower over them). I'm planning to snag them all when they hit retail & I plan to do all of the above to make them even better.

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New fists, feet, chest shield, G1 weapons, glowing eyes for Bruticus, and a G2 style missile launcher.

16. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Voyager Onslaught w/chest shield
    2. Articulated hands
    3. Possibly a bigger head to fit the voyager torso
    4. bigger back cannons
    (5. New Vortex)
    (6. New Swindle)
    (7. New Brawl)
    (8. New Blast Off)

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    The only thing I really think needs a change is Onslaught. He needs a back piece that fills the vehicle like the CGI model in War for Cybertron. This should help in the combined mode too.

I don't think he needs a voyager version. I think the size is fine as is.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing more needs to be said.

The only redeeming feature FOC Bruticus has is his head...

EDIT:

I would like to see WFC Onslaught, not chunky looking FOC Onslaught

WFC Onslaught:
    [​IMG]

FOC Onslaught:
    [​IMG]

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Like it's been said---a Voyager Onslaught. One that not only combines better but comes with add-on parts like better hands, back cannons, and the like. If the entire mess can somehow be combined into some sort of trailer bed that the new Onslaught can tow around it could really work.

At the very least, better connector systems and better hands/feet as an add-on kit. But I honestly think starting Onslaught over from scratch is the best way to go (beyond all five from scratch).

20. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Add me to a Voyager Onslaught as well... Get Bruticus beefed up.