What do you like about the movie designs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smasher, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I didn't see this type of discussion posted before.
    My apologies if I am being redundant.

I have heard plenty of what people don't like about the movie designs, but I was wondering what people might like about them.

Personally, I like the feet of the movie characters. They have something akin to toes; stabilizers to keep their foot level on nonlevel surfaces.
    To me, this beats the typical flat foot design of most of the prior incarnations where (in the real world) the robot would have to have been standing on a flat surface all the time, or would have to impact his foot through a nonlevel surface to remain stable.

There are other design elements that I like, but I want to hear what others have to say.

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the variation. Especially among the Decepticons. It gives the impression that each soldier really does have his own unique purpose and specialty.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I know a similar thread is on here, but anyways.

What I personally like is that they look different. Between G1 all the way through to Cybertron. All Autobots/Decepticons had a look that carried over from a previous series.

But like Mainframe did with Beast Machines, ILM chose to go outside the box somewhat. And judging from the video clips & the video stills of Optimus putting the smackdown on Bonecrusher. Seems like they're making it work, I've NEVER seen such realistic CGI before

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I was looking at my alts last night when I started thinking to myself. "If I cut up his car hood, added a few hinges, etc etc etc" and so forth coming up with a rather rough mental scheme of what would end up being a super flexible and balanced Alt custom. These thoughts came about because I have believed from day one that the designs in this film are what Alts could be upon reaching their fullest potential. And upon invisioning what my Alt smokescreen would look like after having his car hood chest dissected and spread across his torso and arms in flexible plates, and his giant trunk feet thinned out and reformed to spread the outer shell up and over his legs, that I truly understood how these designs came about. Sadly I have absolutely no experiance with kitbashing or custom building so I can't really attempt my ideas, but it's still good to be able to understand how they created these looks.

5. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

I like the new eyes...

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I like the fact that they make some people go absolutely insane with pointless rage.

7. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I personally love the fact that it is such a total reinvention of the series. It's new, it's fresh, and it's so different from anything we've seen before (except perhaps some of the concept sketches for the transtech line. come to think of it, some of the designs look like they took some inspiration from those sketches). One thing that fascinates me about this is that they are so realistic. I mean, if TFs were real, I have no doubt this is what they'd look like. There is also that certain amount of homage, which is nice, as I still love G1. It manages to achieve (in my eyes) a perfect balance between being recognizable as the franchise+characters we all know and love, and making them look stunningly realistic and with a brand new look. In case you cn't tell, I love the movie so far, and plan on getting all of the mainline toys (no FABs or Real Gear for me). Transformers is about giant alien transforming robots. And so far, the movie delivers on all accounts.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Can't really say. If I have to pic a reason....hm...the complex of the designs. It make the bots more real.

9. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the complexity...and the way that they actually look BELIEVABLE on screen.

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I like the idea of them being sentient, its a very striking word and at the same time explains the lifeforms known as the Transformers!

And I like megatrons desighn....I cant wait to see what 36 hours a frame for megs looks like :D 

11. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Have you seen the Time Life pictures from one of the other threads? See that close up of BumbleBee's face? It shows emotion. Original G1 characters all had blue or red eyes and grey faces. They had a few varying degrees of width in how wide their mouth opens, but for the mostpart, its all the same. Bumblebee's face in that picture makes him look generally sad and tired. I can't wait to see these Autobots and Decepticons show believeable emotion.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To answer the threads question in one word.........EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I like Optimus prime and how sheeple pretty much eat up anything that hollywood throws their way.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I like the fact they're something new...Beast wars was a drastic change, so was BM from that. I'm happy to see Transformers CHANGE (pun VERY much intended).

This too. It's so entertaining. Yet at the same time it makes me wonder where all the intelligence has gone.

15. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

That is the most crushing bit of logic against all the movie naesayers I have ever heard. Bravo.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love everthing about them.

I like how the Autobots and Decepticons are now more different looking in design, instead of just being differed by a sticker. I also love all the head designs.
    (Yes, ALL of them)

I am in love with Megatron and Prime, perfect counterparts.

I am totaly crazy about Barricade's Alt mode and Bot mode. Bumblebee's Two different designs are different, while still being similar.

Bonecrusher is total love with the third "Spinning claw" arm on his back. (plus, I actualy like his skates)

Jazz is my fav, in Bot mode (very G1-ish) and Alt (Gorgeous), followed by Ironhide (Same as Jazz).

I could go on, but my fingers hurt.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    *sigh* there's always one, isn't there.
    Anyway. What I like about the designs:
    - Realism. These are supposed to be highly complex mechanoids, and they look it.
    - Detail. I LOVE seeing all the parts move and shift; look atthe foot on the 'Bot coming out of the swimming pool, for example, or Prime's head when he transforms. Fantastic.
    - Articulation. There is no reason why TFs should be constrained in how they can move, and these designs aren't.
    - Overall style. These actually look like aliens. And I love the aesthetic.

18. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I love the fact that the designs just go totally insane with the capabilities of what each bot can do. You look at them and wonder... "Do those dudes at the studio actually know what they are capable of 100%, or are they as clueless as the rest of us?"

I love the spreading pieces of metal splayed out everywhere on the robots body, it is more Transformer alien rather people decided they should disect a vehicle and paste it to a robot. The limitation to these designs is up to the imagination, they're a blend of humanoid, insect, animal, and alien design. I can't wait to see them moving in action and fighting, that's gonna be wild

19. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Similar to what others have said, I like that the designs are so diffrent from what we have gotten before. There are so many other transformer lines that give the same astethic that we are used to it is nice to get something so far removed from that. Plus they are looking great in the few action clips we have seen thus far.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

WHHHAATT???....Thats what I like about the designs. I can't help it if thats the truth. :thumb