What do you guys want from Vendors? Besides the obvious!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From the transfans, casual collector, to those who are completists.

What do you guys want besides the obvious which are:
    1) great pricing
    2) undamaged products
    3) quick turnaround, ship the item out quickly

Input would be appreciated!

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Decent return policies help... I only say this because I don't want to deal with a store that says "ALL SALES ARE FINAL." That usually screams "Rip off" to me.

I'd say offering various grades of stuff (similar to what BBTS does) so people that don't need the box don't have to pay as much as those that want to keep it sealed.

An updated website that's easy to navigate and has a decent search feature... Most of us don't have time to look through everything in the store to find the one thing we want. We really don't want to look at all the Out of Stock items, either.

Sales. Even if it's something small ($5 off 50? Something little), it will draw in business. I know from experience that people are more likely to buy something if it's "on sale" or "marked down" or if there's a "freebie" involved. Just little bonuses for shopping there. Maybe a rewards program of some sort.

You seem to hang around these parts a lot, Kingplay, so I'm pretty sure you know what people want and don't want. I like that in a store.

Other than that, it seems like you know what you're doing. Toyarena is definitely one of the better stores I've dealt with over the years.

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    How about good customer service? A phone number is great, but if you have to use e-mail for customer service then a quick reply is great. Accurate product descriptions are a must too as well as good confirmation on dates of arrival at your store.

4. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for your kind words, I only recently started to browse the forums :) 
    Reason why we don't have contact number, is cause no man-power...
    So our service is minimal, most time is spent on packing & shipping!

5. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

If you're referring to B&M stores, I want good prices (below MSRP) and a decent selection of stuff. For internet stores, no tax and free shipping in addition to the stuff I already mentioned is a must!

6. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

QFT. This has to be one of the biggest annoyances I have with online shopping with any vendor. If it's not in stock, TAKE IT OFF THE SITE.

I mean, it's sort of like, "hey, look, isn't this cool? Yeah? Guess what, you can't have it." (I assume, if it's not on the site, that you don't have it. Call me crazy.)

7. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Free shipping to a point. I mean, if what I ordered was only like four bucks, then yeah, I should pay for shipping. But if I order like $200 worth, you can ship that to me for at least a discount.

I think Amazon's shipping is the right idea. $24.99 and under, you're on your own. $25 + and they got you covered.

And for pete's sake, COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE ORDERS.

8. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I guess I'll agree to that for the most part. If you're buying $200 worth of stuff, they'd better offer free shipping! Amazon is definitely the way to go. :) 

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    This. So long as it's reasonable, that is. I don't want to buy 3 things and have to pay $30 in shipping (because of unreasonable shipping combining) when it should be half that. Postal rates are jacked up, but they aren't that bad.

10. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Not having to pay right away on pre-orders as well as an easy way to cancel if money gets tight

* Many different shipping options. I want a choice on what I use

*Decent pricing, doesn't have to be the best, but good.

*An option to pay more for a lot of packaging material if I want to keep my items really safe during shipping

*Good customer service. I'd like to have someone get back quickly with not just a pre-made response if I email them.

*Good selection. I want to be able to get all my stuff at once

*Ability to hold items so I can ship them together. I'd rather wait on some things, like small stuff I don't need right away, so I can save cash.

That's really all the things I like to see from retailers. Of course, they aren't all necessary but they help. Actually those reasons, especially not having to pay for preorders right away and being able to cancel easily, is why BBTS has gotten a lot of business from me lately.

11. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    online rebate program !! Just like the major chain shop at Japan.. offering rebate for the future purchase...

12. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good suggestions guys, appreciate the input

13. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I really disagree with this one. I, for one, think everyone should have to pay for pre-orders up front, as your pre-order keeps someone else from being able to purchase this item. Plus it keeps an item in limbo for the seller, and if you back out because "money gets tight," then the seller is stuck with the item. If you are in danger of not being able to afford the item, then you probably shouldn't pre-order it in the first place. I mean, c'mon, you wouldn't go into a brick and mortar store, go to the customer service desk and say "hey, that item that you've got coming in a month from now? could you hold onto one for me, but I'm not going to pay you until I feel like it." I don't care where you went, the clerk would look at you like you're crazy, and when the item came in, would put it out for general sale.

The problem is that this policy would create a scene where too many impulsive customers would place pre-orders and then dick around and never complete the transaction, and that's just bad business for the store owner.

Sorry, you should pay for your order when you place it, or otherwise you should simply just not place an order.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well you do a great job d00d. I ordered a Captain Shark from you a couple of years back, and it arrived really quickly and had so much packing it took me ages just to get into the box. keep up the good work! :thumbs2: 

15. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Agreed entirely. I just bought a RiD Scourge from Kingplay about a month back through Ebay and I have to say, the transaction was great! He really takes care of his customers.

My only suggestion would be, as has been mentioned, take Out of Stock items off the webite. It really is quite a downer when you see something you want, only to see it's out of stock.