what do you guys think of the new battle blades optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 2, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

the newset optimus prime that i want bad but i wanna see how you guys feel first is i worth my buck

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    You mean the new Voyager, right? I think it looks nice, and I want it in large part because we finally get a movieverse Matrix of Leadership with it. If I do get it I'll be grabbing a Grindor and making a Voyager scale forest battle diorama.

3. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I've never been happier about skipping a tf in my life. The added guns and matrix put him above the leader version on the coolness scale for me.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i really like it because i hate leader class toys there to big and i hate sound apps. so when i seen that it was like i am going out and buy one at retail.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is so nice, I think I will buy him twice. :) 

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I think he looks like a great figure. As a scaled down leader, he's very accurate and way better than the previous mold. Plus, he includes the Matrix and his guns in addition to swords! The only aspects I don't really like are the somewhat small feet and the lack of paint apps (lots of that ugly whitish plastic). But he definitely looks worth the 20 bucks to pick him up.

8. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I'm getting him. It will be nice tohave a prime that wont take half an hour to transform. Plus it looks way more accurate than the previous voyager. He's perfect for this new scaled-down wave of movie bots. And you get a matrix and guns-what's not to like?

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    When we first shall pictures of him I was furious. I thought it was Leader Class Prime with a slightly different paintjob. (I noticed it in the swords) It took me 10 minutes to realize that it said "Voyager" in the picture. :lol 

Long story short, I'll be getting him! :D 

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm so torn. This Prime is in scale with my Megatron. But the Leader is in scale with my new Starscream!

Also kind of expecting both Primes to get spiffied up in the Movie 3 line. And reselling would be a bitch at that point (who wants the one with fewer paint apps? Anybody?).

11. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I saw a new leader class Optimus the other day at TRU. He has the hooks instead of the blades and no mouth guard. Instead of saying "I am Optimus Prime", he says "We must stop the Decepticons." Didn't really notice anything else that was different.

12. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll be passing. He does look awesome, but I'll be holding out to see how the TF3 Primes turn out. I don't have a need for thirty different versions of movie OP. Since both RotF Primes (well, sans the repainted Movie 1 Voyagers) are vast improvements over the original movie molds, hopefully TF3 will bring us even better versions of the character.

13. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

That would be the new Battle Hooks Optimus. Instead of the swords, he has those two hooks he used to destroy Grindor with. There's a new Voyager class coming out as well called Battle Blades Optimus. It's basically a scaled down version of the Leader class, but with a Matrix and two guns.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have all the movie Primes i need or care to want.
    (now there's other Primes left on my list from earlier generations.)

he looks rather nice and it is good to see a more affordable, simpler version of the leader class. i think if i had known about this figure back before Christmas, i would have skipped the voyager i got for this one.

so, imo, it is a worthy Prime to grab.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll definitely be getting him. I think he looks far better than the other Voyager mold.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks like I'll be selling my TFTM figure.

17. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait to pick him up!

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'm getting him.

19. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I WANT him, he's the leader w/o the stupid electronics, and scaled to a cost I can get behind. I really want this mold, but I'm afraid that (like his TFTM Counterpart) He's gonna get loads of repaints, maybe even possible BETTER paint jobs. And I'm not in the business of buying multiples of molds, so do I get him now and have them come out with a better, dare I say Premium, paint job down the road. Or wait, miss him and they come out with a WORSE color scheme later?!? I'm so conflicted!

20. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need him. The Leader class version has always been a bit too expensive for my tastes (I'm always hesitant to drop that much money on one toy, when I can get two or three other toys for the same price). Also, I have the voyager Megatron, and Leader class would be too big. This version caters to both my need for Voyager Megatron to have an opponent on his level and my need to save money.

Plus the matrix and guns are very nice bonuses.