What do you guys think of Ironhides death?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ladiesman217643, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Ladiesman217643

Ladiesman217643 Well-Known Member

As we all know... We lost a Brave Autobot in DOTM, I was personally crushed by Ironhide's fate, and disapointed that is was so brutal, short, emotionless, and that nothing was said to honor him... I ask my fellow Ironhide fans, What do you think of Ironhide's demise?

Ironhide- Gone But not forgotten, he is now one with the allspark, may his memory go on for stellar-cycles

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I don't hate the fact he died, I hate the way he died. I was hoping he would had died in combat, but instead he gets killed by a cheap-shot from the bastard known as Sentinel Prime.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    it was sad :( 

4. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I could have been alright with his death, if it was done with more respect. Instead, we get Sam with his parents, all calm and shit. I don't get this movie, it was showing that Sam liked Ironhide, he gave him a love tap on the way into Nest headquarters (I like little details like that) he calls out for Ironhide when he sees that the big brute is going to tango with two more big brute. But as soon as the surprise is revealed, we see him running, I'm expecting him to be freaking out, and he is not. He's calm. No, Mom, Dad, Autobots and Nest are underattack, they just killed Ironhide, where's Carly????"

No direct mention from Lennox, Epps or Optimus either, and these were Ironhide's friends. This movie failed in what it was trying to attempt.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'll just copy and paste what I said in another thread:

I found Ironhide's death to be great, added depth and weigth to the events of DOTM and settled Sentinel's betrayal and his status as the main villain.

They never talked about his demise, but both following scenes with Optimus were pretty obvious on he blaming himself for Ironhide's death, like him looking down in a depressed tone in the Autobot's base, talking to Sentinel absolutely pissed off, and flat-out saying "It's all my fault, I told your leaders who to trust but I was so wrong." in a very heavy and sad tone.

You people are overreacting to a ridiculous level, just because we never had "My poor friend Ironhide, I miss him." from Optimus or something like that, you think his death was pointless? COME ON!

Try to analyze things a bit deeper guys, not just the surface, watch Optimus' reaction!

His death has a very clear impact on the movie, it was the darkest hour of the Autobots, after his death, everything goes to hell in the movie [Autobots leaving Earth, Carly captured, Sam spy, Chicago being attacked], is like his death marked the kick in the teeth of the Autobots, they stop being big damn heroes and become the victims from that point on.

They only return to their big damn heroes a good while later on Sam's rescue.

I repeat: Analyze things deeper guys, DEEPER!

EDIT: And we the title is spoiler, needs to be edited.

6. OrionsBelt

And you need to get it through your fucking head that most people in this world don't agree with your michael bay kissing ass!

7. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

It was good, I was not expecting it. I figured some Autobot was going to die in this and now thinking about Ironhide made the most sense, ppl like him but not as much as Prime & Bee, that woulda caused hysteria. They wanted something on equal ground to Jazz in TF1. I thought it was sad because it was done out of betrayal giving it more impact then just dying in battle.

8. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I agree with his Michael Bay kissing ass.

9. Overlord Balder

Oh yes, very mature.

10. Ladiesman217643

Ladiesman217643 Well-Known Member

I have learned to accept Ironhides death, but a little mention to him would have be nice, they at least said something about Jazz, and Que got a little nod from BB, if anything, in the scene where Sentinal blasts Ironhide, sam yells BUMBLE BEE!!!! he should yelled IRONHIDE!!! instead, that sould have at least a minimum... and sideswipe was there,the writers could have added just 3-5 minutes, having Sideswipe say something like "hang in there buddy", then have a seen like G1 primes death with ratchet saying "cosmic rust... its spread too far through his circuits... Im sorry prime, theres nothing I can do.... Not even the Matrix can save him..." then prime can have a few words with Ironhide, right before his body completely rusts over, AND NOT CRUMBLE, thats i how see it, you may not agree, but it would have been beter in my eyes

11. OrionsBelt

One of two things could have made the scene so much better, and not piss so many people off.

1st main thing, you got the darkness tone set in, keep it that way, no Sam running off to talk about his love life with his parents, totally stripped away what ever mood the film makers were aiming at.

2nd main thing, like you said, Bumblebee said something about Q, nothing said about Ironhide?????? Maybe not from Prime, but something could have been said between Lennox, Epps and Sideswipe!

I think the first option would have been the best ultimatum for this movie. I still think they should have killed the parents off when Sam was running to them. Would have made it even more darker, and some good humans would have been casualties. Really, how come none of the major good humans ever get killed in these movies?

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was shocking, but I didn't mind it. Again, good way to make people hate Sentinel and see how he's a threat.

13. Overlord Balder

For the more LD217's suggestion made sense, you people also forget the scene of Sam and his parents HAD A REASON, that scene made him go after Carly [and eventually become a Decepticon spy].

The dark tone continued, right after that scene, Sam became a Decepticon spy, Carly was captured, the Autobots got shot down, Chicago was invaded and a genocide occurred.

As I keep saying: Ironhide's death marked the start of the villain's strike back.

14. megachin

megachin Banned

Sad

I wasn't really expecting that

15. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Powerful scene. He was the only one that mattered after Prime or Bee and they have immunity.

16. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I agree with Overlord Balder. Like all of his comments they make sense he does a great job explaining/analyzing Dark of the Moon. I saw the movie twice yesterday and both times really felt Optimus' emotion after Sentinel's betrayal. His voice was tragically pained and it liked like he truly felt responsible for everything. :thumb 

17. OrionsBelt

Didn't need the parents at all. Sam could have just run to Carly, he knew she was on a "business date" with her boss. Actually, he should have run home to find her, she's not there, so then he runs to tell his parents to get out, but as he gets to the buss, it explodes, with his parents inside. He runs to find Carly, and that's when shit hits the fan. Didn't need all the useless immature humor that was in the scene that we had.

And you know what, I don't care for Sentinel either way. I don't hate him and I don't like him. I hate the film makers for what they did. Maybe it's just this movie failed in it's attempt to lose me in it's story. It's just not a good movie. But like I said, I got spoiled on gems like LOTR and TDK when it came to showing some dark themes.

18. Overlord Balder

At last someone who agrees with me!

That would be quite weird, they had ended their relationship, going from "I don't want to see you anymore" to straight to see her would be strange. as hell.

That would be cool, but it would make no freaking sense! The Decepticons didn't need Sam anymore, and they explicetly comment they can't kill off anyone close to Sam because of military [and Autobot] backfire.

Besides, if they are going to kill off the parents, why not kill Sam?

The humour being uneeded I agree, but the scene was needed, everything you described makes no sense.

You're kidding me? LOTR isn't even close to being as dark as DOTM.

DOTM had a fucking genocide going on-screen.

LOTR is absurdly awesome, truly excellent movies, but DOTM is much, much, MUCH darker than LOTR.

19. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    It sucked.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. I would have liked to see him go out swinging in a way more befitting of his character. He got robbed.