What do you guys think about this?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cutback4197, Apr 26, 2008.

1. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    On one of my Botcon auctions I had a zero bidder from another country win one of the auctions. I contacted him asking him when I could expect payment, he did get back to me, but there was a hitch. He told me he usually deals with cash and he had to put money on his non credit Visa. I hope he meant his bank account, but I thought it was rather vague and to my knowledge paypal does not accept visa giftcards. I asked for clarification, but I have not heard back yet. With all the paypal scams I am extremely nervous about the transaction. What would you guys do?

2. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Cancel & relist. I know I wouldn't take the chance on some BotCon item cash. Or just wait for the money to absolutely in your hands before shipping out.

3. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    How long should I wait before shipping? When the money clears into my bank account? A few days later? I know definitely not before I see it in my bank account. I don't really want to relist, I will use up some second chance offers first.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    some visa gift cards can be used to pay sellers just not gift cards.Give him another day or so then relist.Unless he sends phishing emails you should be ok.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i would give it a day or two before shipping

6. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

wait till it clears and ship via usps express international mail which includes tracking and pay for full insurance , make sure on custom you list full value , and if he request for you to list at a lower cost to avoid customs fees, make sure on he list/ and must mention in the message section of paypal that you/seller are not reponceable it package is lost or damaged , hence your coverd all around