what do you give the Queen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    saw the news and my President visiting the Queen.
    but i was shocked by his gift to her: an Ipod.

The woman is filthy rich, has things that are national treasures and rarities.
    And "we" give her an Ipod.

i admit, i suck at buying gifts for people. So i may not know what to give The Queen of England.

just an idea, but maybe if i were him, i would have given the Presidential children a project to do, and what they create- being one of a kinda and special- would have been a nice gift.

but really, what do you give a dignitary who has everything?

what would you give the Queen as a gift?

2. CrowbotMaximus8

CrowbotMaximus8 Banned

I give her a Sour cream Sanchez sir.

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Wait. What's wrong with an iPod? I'm sure the woman listens to music. Not to mention, it has pictures (and I think video...) of her past visits. Memories were made there and they were included on the iPod. Why is that such a terrible gift? (Granted...his speeches being included was a bit lolwut worthy.)

And what do you get her when she has everything? Humility and a link to the real world. She's damned lucky she was born into blue blood. If she had to live a single day like the rest of us, she'd go insane from all of the bullshit normal people have to deal with.

And the folks getting all pissy that Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen (even after the Queen put her hand on Michelle's back) is just ridiculous. It's a photo op, a glorified promotional tactic. Show some decorum? Do the same for us, just simply SHUT THE FUCK UP.

What a thing to bitch about...

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

The only thing wrong with it is that she alread had one.

Though, in all honesty, I really don't care too much.

5. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

a flower :) 

Or seriously, whatever. What do you give someone who owns everything, and the moon? How about and ol' fashion American cheezburger?

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Give her the Colonies back!

7. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Why, another Corgi of course!

[​IMG]

:thumbs2: 

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Herpes.

9. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what else would she use to rock out to 50 cent, Alice cooper, and Yaani on her daily tour through the kingdom?

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Rule 34 awwwwww

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd get a head of state a nice set of china or a elegant glass bowl or something fancy like that. Not a Region 1 DVD collection for someone who needs Region 2 DVDs

12. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Her Maj probably has buildings full of just dishes and plates that dignitaries bring her. But the iPod was a poor gesture. I personally would've brought the woman a Corvette. Too costly?

13. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

First of all, she is the Queen of England. There ARE certain "rules" of conduct one follows with the Queen. Throwing your arm around her for a photo op like they are sorority sisters is usally frown upon. Is it dumb to us? Maybe, but there are those in the world at large who do indeed frown upon those things. Its not so much about it being a "a glorified promotional tactic" as to showing the proper respect for a monarch. Stupid to you maybe, but very serious to some countries. Not saying that its not silly that people are getting worked up about it, but its the perception of the world at large that you have to take into account.

14. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

An iPod is altogether too, I don't know, random a gift. That's something you give your kid sister, not the Queen.

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could've been a worse gift. I personally don't give a flying fart about all the commotion being made, it's just going to end up being put with the rest of the crap she's ever received from other countries.

16. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I think Ipod is a pretty cool gift, esp. since they have footage of her visit to U.S. Better than autographed portraits of yourself (which is what the Queen gave to Obama).

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    And you guys are just a bunch of juvenile delinquents!

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

What rule? (am I missing something...?)

Oh people feel a need to continually make cracks about the DVDs right? Get over it. He gave them the wrong type of DVD, Bush asked them to send their men, women, and children to their deaths in a war that should have ended. (and that's all I'll say on it, don't want to get this derailed or anything. The point's still valid.)

Seriously, the man made a SIMPLE mistake.

A poor gesture? Really? If she truly has everything, then she needs you to bring nothing but a smile. But since people watching this situation are pricks, the Obamas must give her a gift of some kind because it'd be wrong to not give her anything. They could've gone with a green gift and had a tree planted or something, and that would've been shot down as well. See...they don't care for us too well over there, and this overly harsh sentiment is intended and they're doing it to push buttons. And even if they had done something like planting a tree, they'd say "A Tree?! The woman has millions of them, she owns BRITAIN, HELLOOO?"

Throwing her arm... sorority sisters... WTF? The woman was being kind to the Queen and showing respect the way she knows how, by treating her with decency and a genuinely caring attitude.

FUCK the perception of the world at large! (I should get hate mail over that one.) I say that because they lost the right to have it respected when they started boo hooing and bitching over the fact that Michelle was trying to be as warm and accommodating as possible given the circumstances. Finally a President who at least acts like he's one of us, and he's not allowed to be who he is? Fuck that noise. Fuck the perception.

Random? I think the fact that he took time to have the archived footage placed on the unit before giving it to her (not to mention it was probably exquisitely engraved and personalized for her) and tried to show her wonderful memories of years past (when she's getting up there and won't remember most of them in a few years) is anything but random. That was intended and well thought out.

I realize she's the Queen of England, and she has a commands a higher level of respect than most, but the only suitable gift to give her is...what? None of us know. At least Obama tried.

I thought it was very sweet and sentimental. I had forgotten the world's full of bitter assholes who just can't but SPEW their diarrhea.

Exactly. Obama is the leader of the most powerful country in the world. She's the world's richest landowner of one of the most powerful empires. I'd say they're on the same playing level, really. Yet Obama doesn't strut around and act all "Yeah bitch, I could wipe your country off the map. Here's an iPod." He and the Mrs. were considerate, thoughtful, and warm.

Yet all the Queen can muster is a picture? Come on now, let's not make ourselves stupid here, she could do a whole hell of a lot more than that...gesture.

Rather than bitch about the Obamas giving her an iPod, they'd have liked to see the Queen give them a lavish gift that puts them on the spot, so they could whore that story out and find yet another reason to bitch. "The Obamas weren't gracious enough! Stay in America you ungrateful bastards!"

I think Obama truly outclassed her, and that coupled with the fact they pretty much hate us over there was just the right mix for a whole bunch of shitty commentaries and personal opinions on the subject. (hah...like I have any room to talk.)

"Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen!" *GASP!*
    "The Obamas gave her an iPod full of sentimental value!" *GASPSUMBITCHESGASP*

....please, pull your heads out of your asses, whiners of the world. You must be tired of smelling shit by now.

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

The White House says the Queen specifically asked for an iPod, because hers was old and didn't play videos.

Which of course begs the question, is the Queen of England an 8 year old girl making out a Christmas list? WTF? She's the motherflapping QUEEN! She can afford to buy out the entire worldwide inventory of iPods, her breakfast every morning probably costs more than one. Maybe I'm just not schooled in the ways of government dignitaries meeting one another, but I was always under the impression the gifts were selected by the giver and not from a Sears Christmas catalog with all the coolest toys circled. Maybe next time we go over there we can give her a USS Flagg.

Putting footage of her visits to the US on there was a slick touch though.

20. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'm sure she wouldn't mind having some freedom to choose what she does, instead of beiun taken from formal dinner to formal dinner. A bejeweled cage is still a cage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.